Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

And with that, i don't have to watch this loser rear end apologize to the falcons rear end team for 8 months.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Saints eliminated. Good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Saints eliminated. Good.

Drafting higher baybeeeeee

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

Saints eliminated. Good.

I agree, it is good.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wandler20 posted:

Saints eliminated. Good.

a true sicko would have wanted 2 NFC south teams to ruin the playoff experience for the other teams

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a true sicko would have wanted 2 NFC south teams to ruin the playoff experience for the other teams

Saints didn't deserve poo poo after the Allen apology, unfortunately. Shame when someone has to ruin it for everybody

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Saints didn't deserve poo poo after the Allen apology, unfortunately. Shame when someone has to ruin it for everybody

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Really, no NFCS teams deserve the playoffs.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I wanted this as well, but

A.o.D. posted:

is the truth

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

A.o.D. posted:

These are the truths no one outside of this thread is ready to admit.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Quick take on the season is that the offense looked better in the 2nd half by running more play action and Carr trusting his good receivers in 1 on 1 situations and knowing where to put the ball for each of them.

MT is probably gone, so it'll be Shaheed, Olave and AT Perry but that's really not that bad and there's fights over that last spot and depth.

DBs looked great but line is old and/or bad and LBs are quickly turning to dust in a way that can implode and is why the team fell off defensively in the 2nd half. Bad Demario is still quite amazing and just an incredible talent still, but he's not what he was and he never will be again.

O Line is turbo hosed. It's one and a half solid guys, and all of them are expensive. TE looks fine for next year (I think Juwann is back?), once they find some depth.

There needs to be a scapegoat for the season, and that should be Carmichael or a lot of his staff. Allen is probably protected with the dominant final win, but he both should have easily walked into the playoffs or the wildcard this year and he's not going to be able to field team that is better than this one next year with a harder schedule.

Realistically you probably bring back the staff and fire them if they don't go 10+ wins, but that's mostly because there's no coach who would want the job. And you stop kicking the can as much as you can next year to basically set it up as a failure year for the team unless they look good then you can start up again the next year.

E: no bones about it, Carmichael should go. There's no excusing how long it took the offense to look only okay and his playcalling still sucks and it didn't improve. He's still running on 2nd and 10s.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A.o.D. posted:

:wrong:

I mean the Packers got in.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

after tonight's eagles game i feel very good about next weekend

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/garlandgillen/status/1744146925790662740

imagine getting clowned in leadership this bad by the W eating guy
e: and i still haven't even seen the TD because every twitter link to it i find is fuckin broken

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Dennis Allen has done it, he's made me like jameis Winston more than him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1744165856253182282?t=N2QkpMexKo-Bv6YLgIgxhw&s=19

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
It's amazing how much of the season is because Carr got hurt while we were poo poo housing the bad GB team and Winston did nothing for two quarters until they missed the game winning FG. Entire division and all of the playoffs turn on that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MJBuddy posted:

It's amazing how much of the season is because Carr got hurt while we were poo poo housing the bad GB team and Winston did nothing for two quarters until they missed the game winning FG. Entire division and all of the playoffs turn on that

So it goes.

Now we need to get a better coach. Or keep Dennis Allen but make it him grovel before every game before the players.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

There's always something when you're on the bubble. If they'd finished the comeback against Detroit, they'd be in with that too. Probably a couple others, but every team in the league that was close to making it has those moments.

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
General Sherman never apologized to Atlanta.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Upside Potential posted:

General Sherman never apologized to Atlanta.

Seeing as how he wasn't the one who set fire to it, he shouldn't have.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pre tepper I was at least happy when we sucked real bad because it usually meant change in some form was coming for the better.

Not I just hope we don't make things worse. Dunno how we could but I mean... if anyone can find a way...

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Grats Falcon fans!

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1744222860594336063?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
If DA isn't fired and the Saints didn't make the playoffs we truly live in the worst of all possible worlds

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Two down, two to go

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Didn't even wait until Black Monday, hahaha

Edit: oh wait time zones, literally one minute into Black Monday lol savage

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 8, 2024

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Shinji2015 posted:

Two down, two to go

Bowles, if it happens, will have to wait at least another week

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Now do DA.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Saints are actually p cool.

Don't think Arthur Smith would have been fired without them.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Hooray, now let's see how bad they gently caress up the coaching search.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sexy tiger boobs posted:

We've decided to hire Bill Ballichick, no relation.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Fully expecting Josh McDaniels

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

I'm looking at the scores of the last two games and I'm unable to confirm Jon's post

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm looking at the scores of the last two games and I'm unable to confirm Jon's post

2 weeks. 3 bottled easy touchdowns through plain old stupidity and DJ Chark not having hands when it mattered. Makes ya think. I mean, not really, but kinda.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Checking all the players twitters... they're all coming out in support of jameis getting jamal the TD. This includes cam, Juwan, and Kamara. God I hope this gets Allen fired.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Jameis stole that TD like it was Publix crab legs.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1744348181989597615

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

loving finally. I don't know anything about available GM candidates, but that firing needed to happen in the worst way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Maybe we can get the full story of how the Bryce young pick happened now