Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Bears Status: Still Suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Niwrad posted:

If they keep Eberflus after this :lol:.

He is now 2-10 against NFC teams in his tenure.
Win against Lions and Vikes this year

Also, Fields is 0-6 against the Pack I think

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I want Green Bay to beat Detroit in the playoffs.

I don't like Lions fans feeling good in this thread.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

surf rock posted:

Are we really about to get Stafford vs. the Lions and Coach McCarthy vs. the Packers?

god i hope so

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pops Mgee posted:

That was a rough one year of not making the playoffs

Just needed to upgrade at QB

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I was told there wouldn't be seething

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
How are there Bears fans melting down this bad after The Most Foreseeable Loss Of All Time

7-10 with two top 10 picks and ample cap space is a fine place to be. Save the meltdown for when Williams busts and they gently caress up the coaching decision

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Niwrad posted:

They should fire everyone and pay Harbaugh whatever he wants to run the team. They are too cheap and risk averse to do it, but that's the only way they would he remotely competitive these next few years.

Stranger next to me in the bar and I agreed on this and both said harbaugh could turn either fields or Jayden Daniels into Kaepernick (a great QB) who could beat the Packers repeatedly

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

2023 Packers are the youngest team to make the playoffs since 1978.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Love is a top 10 QB at a minimum lmfao

Let's see... Mahomes, Burrow, Dak, Lamar, Herbert, Allen, Purdy, Tua.... Goff, Hurts... ... Stroud...? Stafford, Cousins...?

And Love has been straight up outplaying a lot of these names, I'm just mentioning them because of accumulated history which Love doesn't have yet. He's already clearly head and shoulders above the Baker/Geno/Russell/Carr journeyman tier, he just needs more production to be clearly in that first group. No one outside the NFC North is gonna give Love credit either yet because of the late September through October rough patch.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

At least now that the regular season is over I can look forward to a Packers loss in a week or 2.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
How
Incredibly
The bears
Suck

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

At least now that the regular season is over I can look forward to a Packers loss in a week or 2.

Playoff Packers vs. Playoffs Lions is going to be an interesting experiment. Might have to give the edge to the pre-championship game Packers sadly

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

late in the 4th I decide to play a little elden ring to distract myself from the game

first player message I read says "be wary of love"

thanks, tarnished

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Alright, see y'all when they fire someone

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Malaria posted:

If the rams win, the only way for this to happen is in the nfc championship

ha ha ha yesss

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Malaria posted:

If the Packers beat anybody in the playoffs (doubtful), I want it to be Fat Mike and the Cowboys.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

xbilkis posted:

Playoff Packers vs. Playoffs Lions is going to be an interesting experiment. Might have to give the edge to the pre-championship game Packers sadly

If the rams win you get them not the pack

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
All-nfc-north championship games are always good

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

CharlestheHammer posted:

If the rams win you get them not the pack

Ah whoops. Well as someone who cares for the mental well being of the Lions posters here this is for the best

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Once again.. get hosed, Matt Patricia.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Jordan Love is really, really good.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Jordan Love is really, really good.

:hmmyes::yeah:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

On the plus side, we're probably gonna see the Packers get bounced by the Niners for the billionth time, which is always good for a laugh.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

How are there Bears fans melting down this bad after The Most Foreseeable Loss Of All Time

7-10 with two top 10 picks and ample cap space is a fine place to be. Save the meltdown for when Williams busts and they gently caress up the coaching decision

Because they still suck and reports are they will retain their terrible coach.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Party Boat posted:

late in the 4th I decide to play a little elden ring to distract myself from the game

first player message I read says "be wary of love"

thanks, tarnished

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

trevorreznik posted:

Stranger next to me in the bar and I agreed on this and both said harbaugh could turn either fields or Jayden Daniels into Kaepernick (a great QB) who could beat the Packers repeatedly

Harbaugh would be perfect and I'd give him personnelCommand. (let him bring a GM). But they are way too cheap to pay him the $15 million a year he will command.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

On the plus side, we're probably gonna see the Packers get bounced by the Niners for the billionth time, which is always good for a laugh.

I mean at this point the Packers are playing with house money, and if they bounce fat Mike the season would be perfect

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

If the Packers beat anybody in the playoffs (doubtful), I want it to be Fat Mike and the Cowboys.
This right here. I don’t wanna get too greedy, just dumping Rodgers and seeing some improvement from Love and the WRs is a ton of success for this season. But if McCarthy screws up somehow and the Packers get an improbable win that makes Jerry Jones melt down, I will ascend.

Other than Love turning out to be good, my favorite story line has been the emergence of Jayden Reed. He is unbelievable.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

if they bounce fat Mike the season would be perfect

:sickos:

It’s all house money at this point.

Bounced in the first round? WE’RE NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

HootTheOwl posted:

I don't disagree with you because you have no opinion

Pretty sure my opinion on Fields has been the same since like October or November.

Talented player who the Bears likely hosed over, but still has not done enough to me to be worth forgoing taking a QB in this a very very good QB draft.

But hey man say whatever you want just because I disagree with you.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1744150151118164057

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'll defend Poles.

Not Eberflus though.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Jayden Reed has been great and actually really the entire random assortment of young wrs have improved throughout the season. I'm partially excited for another game just to get those guys more reps.

I am, however, very worried that Christian Watson might be a permanently injured bustaroo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

gloom posted:

Other than Love turning out to be good, my favorite story line has been the emergence of Jayden Reed. He is unbelievable.

You mean the Packers hit on a 2nd round receiver? That can't be right.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The 2023-2024 Washington Wizards have a better winning percentage (.171) than the Chicago Bears vs. the Packers for the past 15 years (.129).

Money line on Packers vs Bears is the easiest money you will ever make in your life.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I know it doesn't really count because the 49ers were resting specifically because they clinched, and the Rams probably would've played Wentz regardless and he probably doesn't beat the 49ers with their starters in, but.

The exact series of results that were necessary for the Lions to get the bye happened.....except winning @Dallas.

God dammit. :lol:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

I'll defend Poles.

Not Eberflus though.

10-24 and starting from scratch with a rookie QB.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

10-24 and starting from scratch with a rookie QB.

I've liked Poles drafts enough where I am 100% willing to trust him with a QB decision.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Gute had an absolutely absurd draft last year. Reed, Wicks, Kraft, Musgrave, Brooks, Van Ness starting to come on a bit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Bears end up with 1st and 9th pick.

Vikings picking 11