Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

It literally doesn't matter what the Bears do because it will always be the wrong decision. Once you come to terms with this hard truth, then it becomes much easier to accept the constant failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what the hell? there's a MONDAY NIGHT playoff game?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Gute had an absolutely absurd draft last year. Reed, Wicks, Kraft, Musgrave, Brooks, Van Ness starting to come on a bit...

He's good

Only teams that have had a better draft as of right now are the Texans and maybe the Lions

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Awesome night. Lions get a matchup worthy of a film and the Packers get to be the youngest team to be in the playoffs. NFC north really monopolizing the underdog narratives.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

abelwingnut posted:

what the hell? there's a MONDAY NIGHT playoff game?

And it's exclusive to Peacock

Edit: i'm wrong

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
But yeah, even Poles while I personally would keep him around. I'm not going to be outraged if he gets handed walking papers by Warren.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Digital Jedi posted:

And it's exclusive to Peacock

the monday night game is on ABC/ESPN

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

This is my official “I’m a big, stupid, smelly butt, and my butt smells like poop, and I’m always wrong about football” post.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Love’s a bust. That 2020 1st could’ve been someone who might’ve helped the Packers win an NFCCG and go to the Super Bowl.

Fire Gutey, Fire Barry, Fire LaFleur, cut/trade Love.

Burn it all down.

This isn’t the rebuild season, this is the season before the rebuild even starts.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Holy poo poo why did they TRADE UP to draft Jordan Love in the first round!?

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Love’s accuracy and completion % are loving terrible every game.

This is not someone you spend a 1st rounder on.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Three years on the bench to bust: the Jordan Love story

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Bustin’ Makes Me Feel Good: The Jordan Love Story

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Like, I don't understand how you can be Jordan Love and think throwing deep is going to work out for you at this point. You're bad! Try being a game manager or something.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I’m done with Jordan Love, but not sure it’s fair to their backup rookie QB to throw him in for Aaron Donald to tear apart. :shepface:

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Help!
I
Think Jordan Love
Sucks!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, Jordan Love…

…is bad! :fart:

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The Jordan Love special: an unnecessary game ending INT when there’s plenty of time and downs left.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Is the game on the line?

YES: Jordan Love throws an INT

NOT REALLY: Jordan Love throws an INT

NO, the Packers can’t possibly catch up: Jordan Love throws an INT

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Everyone’s praising Jordan Love, but I just see the same guy who throws INTs to end the game, and today he even got a second chance and did it again.

He’s literally the opposite of “clutch.”

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Nah, I’m pretty sure they know Love is a lemon and if they can grab someone they think is better, they will. They left Love on the bench and let Rodgers play with a fractured thumb on his throwing hand last year; that shows they had no confidence in him.

:hurr: I’m a dumb, wrong idiot, and my football opinions are bad because I am bad. :justpost:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Go pack go

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Radio is saying this was the lowest pressure rate Jordan love has ever seen in his career

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I hope Joe Barry saved his job tonight.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Packers would have made the playoffs last year too if Rodgers steps down after his injury.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dexo posted:

But yeah, even Poles while I personally would keep him around. I'm not going to be outraged if he gets handed walking papers by Warren.

My gut feeling is that Warren does something unexpected. Probably not to the level of canning Poles, but all the whispers/puff pieces surrounding Warren over the past few weeks without anything concrete being reported has me looking at him like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMX7k3qsnBk

(My brain says they're gonna largely run it back and I should be happy just as long as they fire Getsy, so I get to claim I'm right either way)

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

I've liked Poles drafts enough where I am 100% willing to trust him with a QB decision.

Those draft picks got dogwalked all afternoon by one of the few competent they played this season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Bears defense got hosed when they lost two corners and Eberflus seemingly had no faith in his backups to play man on blitzes.

But yeah it was a loving dire gameplan. "Hey guys, Jordan Love falls to poo poo when pressured, what's the plan? Uh, Rush 4 and let him find holes in Zones?"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Edit didn't read

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

This is legit my one worry about them making the playoffs. Somehow it translated to joe barry being around for another loving year.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Stafford vs Lions in the playoffs is a cool story

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

My gut feeling is that Warren does something unexpected. Probably not to the level of canning Poles, but all the whispers/puff pieces surrounding Warren over the past few weeks without anything concrete being reported has me looking at him like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMX7k3qsnBk

(My brain says they're gonna largely run it back and I should be happy just as long as they fire Getsy, so I get to claim I'm right either way)

He is there to get them taxpayer money for a stadium. Doubt he cares about the on-field product.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Dexo posted:

The Bears defense got hosed when they lost two corners and Eberflus seemingly had no faith in his backups to play man on blitzes.

But yeah it was a loving dire gameplan. "Hey guys, Jordan Love falls to poo poo when pressured, what's the plan? Uh, Rush 4 and let him find holes in Zones?"

He actually doesn't. He plays really well against the blitz.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Those draft picks got dogwalked all afternoon by one of the few competent they played this season.

Yeah they had a bad game. I've liked what I've seen from all of these rookies. Brisker made some plays, Kyler Gordon and Tyrique Stevenson were fine.

It's just once again, if you can't generate pressure this is what happens when you play a heavy dose of Cover 2.

EJax is turbo cooked though.

They desperately need another edge, and a DT either from internal improvement taking a step, or elsewhere.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bird in a Blender posted:

If he can coach like that more often then eh whatever.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Jordan is good against the blitz.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

LaFleur is so done about talking about last year's team

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Awesome night. Lions get a matchup worthy of a film and the Packers get to be the youngest team to be in the playoffs. NFC north really monopolizing the underdog narratives.

And everyone is going to get destroyed by Lamar eventually

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Love is gonna get paid in May and he deserves every dollar

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

He actually doesn't. He plays really well against the blitz.

You need to find some way to actually pressure him. He's been fine against the Blitz but you have to do something other than just letting him throw into Cover 2 zones. Play man or loving do something if your 4 aren't getting there.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Dexo posted:

Yeah they had a bad game. I've liked what I've seen from all of these rookies. Brisker made some plays, Kyler Gordon and Tyrique Stevenson were fine.

It's just once again, if you can't generate pressure this is what happens when you play a heavy dose of Cover 2.

They desperately need another edge, and a DT either from internal improvement taking a step, or elsewhere.

Good thing they have a billion picks. They should keep Fields.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Love is gonna get paid in May and he deserves every dollar

It's gonna be a bare minimum of 45M/year and I'm expecting 50 or a bit higher. Everyone will lose their minds comparing the AAV to previous QB contracts while not accounting for the salary cap going up. Same old story

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Dexo posted:

You need to find some way to actually pressure him. He's been fine against the Blitz but you have to do something other than just letting him throw into Cover 2 zones. Play man or loving do something if your 4 aren't getting there.

Guy's got 32 TDs. It literally doesn't matter what you do, he's gonna get his.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's gonna be a bare minimum of 45M/year and I'm expecting 50 or a bit higher. Everyone will lose their minds comparing the AAV to previous QB contracts while not accounting for the salary cap going up. Same old story

Ye it'll easily be that high but they you know have the room since Aarons contract will be off the books.

The franchise tag for QBs next year is projected at like 38mm so that's your bare minimum floor

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Also idc how dumb it is in theory to pay 29 year old rbs I know it's dumb it's irrational but please pay Aaron jones next year I beg

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

adaz posted:

Also idc how dumb it is in theory to pay 29 year old rbs I know it's dumb it's irrational but please pay Aaron jones next year I beg

What makes me less worried about that than I otherwise would be is he hasn't really shown any signs of aging yet other than the minor injuries which he's had throughout his career.

He's really good and should be fine for another season.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Chicago Bears hire Joe Barry as their next head coach, who says no? :shuckyes:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Chicago Bears hire Joe Barry as their next head coach, who says no? :shuckyes:

:sickos:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Multiple high picks and well over $100 million invested in the line and still can't get pressure. Sounds like a GM problem.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I unironically don't want the Bears to draft a good QB. They should keep Fields, because he is bad.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

adaz posted:

I'd be down to pay Jones for a few more years.

He can still be a starter for at least one more season, if not two. Dude still has it.

Probably need to draft a RB this year though, as I don't think they resign Dillon unless he signs for cheap.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
It's amazing how no matter what the Packers make the Bears look just awful. The Bears defense, particularly its run defense are looking amazing? They get run on. The Bears D-line has started getting pressure and Sweat has been otherworldly? They barely touch Love all game and he comfortably throws 30 yard dimes all over the field.

The Bears offense was unconscionably bad. I almost don't care who, but someone needs to be fired. Yeah, you got some injuries, but it can't be this bad. I feel bad for my boy Fields, but I think this game cemented them moving on. Hopefully with an entirely new offensive coaching staff.

I look forward to obsessively watching Youtube videos next year around this time looking for signs of hope on Caleb Williams. Bears football!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Multiple high picks and well over $100 million invested in the line and still can't get pressure. Sounds like a GM problem.

The Bears only have 38 million invested in their defensive line this year.

Most of that is Ngakoue who got hurt, even if you include Sweat's extension(which kicks in next year) it's nowhere near 100 million.