Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

That's the one. Mottom's problem was being Daffy Duck a sourpuss.

Also Warner Bros Thanos is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MikeJF posted:

Or the tumblr bit about how Bugs could defeat Thanos.

I've seen this before, but I forgot how perfectly Looney Tunes they made Thanos look while still being identifiably himself.

Elissimpark posted:

having a bigger schtick?
Also this pun was great and I don't want it to go unappreciated.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think that, fundamentally, Gog can’t be Bugs because she is actually a seething mass of resentment. She pretends to be a clown but she’s the definition of “I’m not mad, I’m not mad, don’t tell anyone I got mad.”

Also I don’t think she’s a hive mind, she’s just one wormy personality that has as a body the mass of worms. She’s not multiple people, she’s barely even one

This all makes her much more interesting than if her presentation was just reality.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think that, fundamentally, Gog can’t be Bugs because she is actually a seething mass of resentment. She pretends to be a clown but she’s the definition of “I’m not mad, I’m not mad, don’t tell anyone I got mad.”

Also I don’t think she’s a hive mind, she’s just one wormy personality that has as a body the mass of worms. She’s not multiple people, she’s barely even one

This all makes her much more interesting than if her presentation was just reality.

Yeah gogs great
A hivemind only in that the mind part is distributed but its still one 'person' pretending to be many, desperate to be recognized and respected as that one person.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I mean she has to be a hive mind, there's literally no other definition for how she operates. The problem is that she's also got PERSONALTIES banging around up there, and that's not a normal thing for the hive minds we normally see in insects and such, so it's understandable that may have have a negative effect on her sanity.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah some kind of freakish gestalt circus of personalities older than time, but also referred to in the singular she and bowed out of the fight for the fate of the universe for the very personal reason of not being treated as an equal person.

My point is Gogs a walking contradiction and it works.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I mean she has to be a hive mind, there's literally no other definition for how she operates.

We don't know how she operates. For what little it's worth, my money is on a single mind and conciousness shared across however many distinct (or not so distinct) bodies.

I don't think there's necessarily any contradiction at all, she's just a weird very large shapeshifter.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There may be some semantic confusion at work here about what you each mean by hive mind.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I'm not sure this is the popular interpretation, and this is all just speculation and my personal "feel" for it in this situation.

I always felt like Gog's disciples, minions, people, whatever are all a part of her because they are worm'ed up, but she's not looking through all their eyes all at the same time omnipresent style. Sure, she can check things out whenever she wants but it's similar to something going on outside the window while you are watching TV. There are things you aren't really paying attention to unless you want to or happen to notice them. Some things might get missed.

All those people are loyal of course via worm but are semi-autonomous until she zaps into them. She's leaving the engine idling if you will, and the engine will keep on doing its thing on its own unless you completely neglect it, but you can jump in and hit the gas any time you want because it's your car.

And if she wants to jump into thousands of them at once and start a demolition derby, no problem, and who cares if some of them go off the rails in the process.

I love the comedy of it all!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Schwarzwald posted:

We don't know how she operates. For what little it's worth, my money is on a single mind and conciousness shared across however many distinct (or not so distinct) bodies.

I don't think there's necessarily any contradiction at all, she's just a weird very large shapeshifter.

Oh I agree she's a single mind and consciousness. My theory is that consciousness is cobbled together from billions of other consciousnesses, and that's, uh, not exactly a recipe for a healthy mental state.

Twenty Four posted:

I'm not sure this is the popular interpretation, and this is all just speculation and my personal "feel" for it in this situation.

I always felt like Gog's disciples, minions, people, whatever are all a part of her because they are worm'ed up, but she's not looking through all their eyes all at the same time omnipresent style. Sure, she can check things out whenever she wants but it's similar to something going on outside the window while you are watching TV. There are things you aren't really paying attention to unless you want to or happen to notice them. Some things might get missed.

I think she wants to give people this impression, but in actuality they are and always have been 100% her. She only reveals herself fully as "herself" for dramatic effect and/or when it would be funny. A true kayfabe master.

But yeah this is all just speculation, and Gog-Agog wouldn't be as fun, mysterious, or threatening if we knew all the specifics.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Twenty Four posted:

i feel like they are only autonomous in the same way that your breathing is autonomous until you're aware of it. it's still part of you, and still a function of your mind.

i think it's more like the individual worms are akin to neurons. a single brain spanning the entire universe.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
we're probably going to get confirmation before the comic's over but the alt-text made it clear that she has a million billion trillion brain cells even though she prefers to use, like, three, so i'm pretty sure it's all single-consciousness gog, gog-agog forever and ever a million years, over and over gog-agog adventures.com

a universal writhing clown endlessly performing to, for and with itself

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I mean she has to be a hive mind, there's literally no other definition for how she operates. The problem is that she's also got PERSONALTIES banging around up there, and that's not a normal thing for the hive minds we normally see in insects and such, so it's understandable that may have have a negative effect on her sanity.

counterproposal there is no hivemind, what you see as the unitary will of a single consciousness is actually the result of an intense internal political process and each individual worm has its own distinct thoughts, values, and aspirations. In the aggregate they just average out to a human-shaped worm pile that seems identical to every other human-shaped worm pile in the same way that empires all pretty much look and behave the same from the perspective of the colonized; inasmuch as Gog has something you could interpret as a core personality it's an emergent product of quirks in the worm parliamentary process.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 7, 2024

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sure, I can get behind that. Their mind is so democratically pure that the only thing they can ever agree on is, "gently caress this, I just wanna watch cartoons".

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah some kind of freakish gestalt circus of personalities older than time, but also referred to in the singular she and bowed out of the fight for the fate of the universe for the very personal reason of not being treated as an equal person.

My point is Gogs a walking contradiction and it works.

It was not ‘an equal person’ it was ‘admit you need me’ at the worst possible time. It was literally the petty bullshit of ‘before I help save the universe I need to be given special respect.’

Even Incubus had more sense, and his entire personality right now is driven by being mad at the other Demiurges for treating him like poo poo for stupid reasons. Gog’s just like the stink boy that way, except she actually was happy to throw the fight.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

So which square on the political compass is Gog?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

NachtSieger posted:

So which square on the political compass is Gog?
The grid and the margins

Edit: VVVV Retroactively changing my answer to that one.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 7, 2024

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
You know when you finish the political compass test and at the end it's like "Click this link to share this quiz with your friends!" and you click it and it's a virus? That's the part that's Gog Agog.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Gog is extremely left wing. Everyone is welcome, everyone is equal, everyone is free, everyone is Gog.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Welcome to the Gog Party, here’s your mandatory jester outfit and jangly shoes also you’re me now hi me!

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
all the demiurges are chuds

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm pretty sure you don't get to have even the key to 1 world without being able to dunk concepts like that into the trash ands grasp fate more better

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

nimby posted:

Gog is extremely left wing. Everyone is welcome, everyone is equal, everyone is free, everyone is Gog.

Sounds like Gogmunism.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Donkringel posted:

Sounds like Gogmunism.
We like to think of it as an Agogomous Collective.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's a single consciousness, you just need to picture a single Bigger Gog in the background playing with the individual Gogs you see like dolls or action figures.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is Gog trying to look like Allison?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Nah, trying to look like a Marylin Monroe style pin-up bombshell from the mid-20th century.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's interesting that her gown is part of the reappearing act, can she just make any of those dudes into a blonde in a sparking dress and pin heels?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, her clothes have always been worms too

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Azubah posted:

Is Gog trying to look like Allison?

habeasdorkus posted:

Nah, trying to look like a Marylin Monroe style pin-up bombshell from the mid-20th century.

Apparently that's always been her default appearance under the outfits, which you can kinda tell here: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-75/

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Gog isn’t just any worm, she’s clearly an earthworm with a pop culture fetish

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

YaketySass posted:

Apparently that's always been her default appearance under the outfits, which you can kinda tell here: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-75/
I figured that was more shape-shifting than anything else, based on that same comic.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's not the last time Gog presented as a blond-haired woman: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-7-63/

I don't think it necessarily means Gog is specifically taking that form to mock Allison (I mean it might be, but who can know exactly why Gog does anything). But what I DO think it is is very intentional on Abaddon's part - he's presenting Allison with a mockery of the female form she once tried to achieve. Remember, Allison's a brunette who dyed her hair blond.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Allison was a bottle blonde, Gog is a Goggle blonde.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Extremely funny detail I just noticed: in the last few panels where Gog switches from the body that just broke her neck to the one in the crowd, the spotlight very casually pans over to her.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm only catching up now, they throw aparty every time the world ends? Like every cycle?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Shoehead posted:

I'm only catching up now, they throw aparty every time the world ends? Like every cycle?

unless she's lying, and there's not much reason to believe that she's lying about this particular detail (how would she even know to make this up?), yes, she does this every cycle.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
gog probably knows, but it also seems like something she'd say even if she didn't know because it's funny

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

A.o.D. posted:

unless she's lying, and there's not much reason to believe that she's lying about this particular detail (how would she even know to make this up?), yes, she does this every cycle.

Or every time a world ends, which could be pretty frequently in her 1/7th of the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

If Gog really does have a google amount of forms like was speculated she probably has enough presence on The Wheel to feel it getting rewound over and over like a worn out cassette.