Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

You wouldn't indict a sitting president for a perfect loan!

Edit:

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

obsessed with immunity deals, unaware of the fact that immunity deals exist to hurt people in his position

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Escape From Noise posted:

You wouldn't indict a sitting president for a perfect loan!

The RIAA got really weird when I wasn’t paying attention

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrQwerty posted:

obsessed with immunity deals, unaware of the fact that immunity deals exist to hurt people in his position

lol remember when people were saying Trump would take a plea deal that traded no jail time for him agreeing to never run for President again?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Arivia posted:

The RIAA got really weird when I wasn’t paying attention

I'm glad my stupid reference came through TBH.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Up at 1 am to lay out some hard Truths.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
he's capitalizing all the letters now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

nine-gear crow posted:

lol remember when people were saying Trump would take a plea deal that traded no jail time for him agreeing to never run for President again?

lol and I had the same opinion then that I do now: Donald Trump would never cop a plea.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

mcvey posted:

he's capitalizing all the letters now

Also two (2) exclamation points!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Also two (2) exclamation points!

lol, what sort of idiot does two, it's one or three!!!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

dr_rat posted:

2 exclamation points, 2 scoops.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Here's your reminder that if Presidential immunity is a thing, the first debate starts with Biden shooting Trump in the face.,

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Donny does it double

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

dr_rat posted:

!!

e: wrong thread

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

2 exclamation points, 2 scoops.

Well you have 0 exclamation points, so 0 scoops for you.

Sorry. I didn't make the rules. :(

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I'm glad my stupid reference came through TBH.

I got it wrong, it was the MPAA not the RIAA, but yeah, I got it. :)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mllaneza posted:

Here's your reminder that if Presidential immunity is a thing, the first debate starts with Biden shooting Trump in the face.,

That would require Joe Biden to be cool and Trump to actually show up to a debate in 2024, two things which are not possible.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mllaneza posted:

but but decorum!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

freemandela posted:

!!

e: wrong thread

I was thinking about the musk thread when I wrote that!!!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Shocked and saddened to learn both Lou Dobbs and Laura Loomer are apparently still alive.

How much longer until Loomer chains herself to one of the runner up Republic candidates?

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 8, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
She'll probably accident chain her self to one of their staffers or something.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

dr_rat posted:

She'll probably accident chain her self to one of their staffers or something.

This would be very on brand.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hey speaking of Lou Dobbs, whatever happened to the "lewd and lascivious" video that supposedly exists of him and Laura Ingraham <:mad:>

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

hey speaking of Lou Dobbs, whatever happened to the "lewd and lascivious" video that supposedly exists of him and Laura Ingraham <:mad:>

I don't want to think about that.

Edit: Found this though.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 8, 2024

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVqHBRdSDSw

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I don't want to think about that.

Edit: Found this though.

Yeah, I'd go insane if I saw Lou Dobbs' scrotum too :v:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Another quick, irrelevant, and pointless slice of Australian History:

We had a national test cricket team decades before we had a national parliament.

Because priorities.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Eternally "please make excuses and refuse to prosecute all of my crimes" - Scared guy who undoubtedly committed many crimes

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Enjoying My Pillow LIKE A DOG!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

O God this made my day

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

feelix posted:

Sounds like your dad should have loved your brother more

Him getting kicked out for being a layabout had more to do with his staying up all night with his underage girlfriend (he was like 22? She was about 16/17ish) quit his job, dropped out of school, committed to the USMC and then dropped out on the day he was supposed to ship out, got fired / arrested for theft from his job, declared he didn’t need to work / go to school, etc. So saying for being a layabout was pretty generous.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BTW I haven't heard anything about Trump's isolation levels for a while. Is he now fully accessible?

He's escaped into the Perfectly Safe Capsule.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

syntaxfunction posted:

The best part about Ned Kelly is he's treated like a national hero, like a Robin Hood of Aus. But he wasn't lol. Dude was just a highwayman, aka mugged and robbed and murdered people.

But he had that wicked suit that didn't really work, so I guess he was proto-Iron Mans. Sometimes a cool suit does a lot for your image.

Abe Lincoln fuckin milkshake ducked, who would've seen it coming? Tsk tsk tsk.

Are you Australian because you better be throwing this shade from a place of knowledge m8

Ned Kelly is a hero because he's a fuckin outlaw, he's not and has never been "the Robin hood of Australia", he's just a guy that said gently caress the police. He's the Killdozer of Australia.

The modern version is fuckin chopper reed

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

abigserve posted:

Are you Australian because you better be throwing this shade from a place of knowledge m8

Ned Kelly is a hero because he's a fuckin outlaw, he's not and has never been "the Robin hood of Australia", he's just a guy that said gently caress the police. He's the Killdozer of Australia.

never have i understood australians more than i do now

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

abigserve posted:

Yeah I'm Australian, and that is exactly the sanitised story I got told in school and poo poo all the loving time. It's really common altho I honestly think half of it is genuinely because people did watch the Yahoo Serious movie for their entire knowledge of him.

And yeah, like Chopper Reed is another hero that also just kind of murdered people and poo poo too. Like gently caress the police, and also civilians too.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

syntaxfunction posted:

Yeah I'm Australian, and that is exactly the sanitised story I got told in school and poo poo all the loving time. It's really common altho I honestly think half of it is genuinely because people did watch the Yahoo Serious movie for their entire knowledge of him.

And yeah, like Chopper Reed is another hero that also just kind of murdered people and poo poo too. Like gently caress the police, and also civilians too.

i dunno it sounds like Ned Kelly and this Chopper Reed guy at least did it better than PMURT

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Nessus posted:

Eisenhower desegregated the Little Rock school district by force, and I think he was generally held to be pretty decent. So there you go, last OK Republican president.

Nowadays of course he'd be DOA.

He got 12 million more and still lost, lmao.

My best guess is that the tendor of the times was playing in his favor there. Things may seem less apocalyptic now. And he's down to middle school auditoriums.

Eisenhower was decent on domestic Black civil rights, but he was a colonial administrator in the Philippines, was in charge during Operation Wetback (which among other things deported a whole lot of american citizens for being brown), signed what were pretty much whites-only immigration laws, normalized relations with fascist Spain, supported French colonialism in southeast Asia, and kicked off the right-wing genocide in Indonesia.

Like Lincoln decent for his time and compared to the alternatives, but you have to grade on a curve.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

syntaxfunction posted:

Killdozer dude was also a stupid rear end in a top hat that wasn't really a hero so it tracks.

Both Ned Kelly and Marvin Heemeyer built suits of armor that were ultimately impenetrable to small-arms fire, however.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrQwerty posted:

Killdozer dude was also a stupid rear end in a top hat that wasn't really a hero so it tracks.

Both Ned Kelly and Marvin Heemeyer built suits of armor that were ultimately impenetrable to small-arms fire, however.

I keep confusing Marvin Heemeyer and Richard Heene (the Balloon Boy Hoax dad). Both were selfish insane assholes who thrust themselves into national headlines for amazingly stupid and wasteful reasons but at least we got :killdozer: out of one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Another quick, irrelevant, and pointless slice of Australian History:

We had a national test cricket team decades before we had a national parliament.

Because priorities.
the cricket team's done more good for your country

especially over the last 20 years or so