Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Scott Brown asking a Rangers player to check the score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Friendship ended with Kevin Lasagna

https://twitter.com/paofc_/status/1641357871953723392

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
How is this the first time I've ever heard of Juankar

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
I genuinely didn't get that at first and only upon saying it out loud in a crowded pizzeria did I realize A. the brilliance and B. my mistake.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
asking for lasagna in a pizzeria, are you mad

szary
Mar 12, 2014

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
It was only a week ago, but I remembered this from a week ago.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just want common-sense jumpers for goalposts, long kicks, and two footed tackles

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

jeebus bob posted:

I genuinely didn't get that at first and only upon saying it out loud in a crowded pizzeria did I realize A. the brilliance and B. my mistake.

I honestly don’t get it please help my stupid rear end

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I honestly don’t get it please help my stupid rear end

it sounds like wanker

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mrenda posted:

It was only a week ago, but I remembered this from a week ago.

they're right

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

These continental fancy-dans and their “tactics” are ruining the football

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Trends are cyclical. In 2025 pepball will be about centerbacks who can send long balls into the penalty box. It’ll be a 60 goal season for Haaland.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Bogan Krkic posted:

it sounds like wanker

lol I was reading it my head as “one car” so couldn’t hear that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Vegetable posted:

Trends are cyclical. In 2025 pepball will be about centerbacks who can send long balls into the penalty box. It’ll be a 60 goal season for Haaland.

I yearn for the vital resurgence of Rory Delap

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

cagliostr0 posted:

I yearn for the vital resurgence of Rory Delap

Guess who’s on the loving books at Manchester City

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Delap

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Shrapnig posted:

Guess who’s on the loving books at Manchester City

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Delap

All I want for Christmas is the man in the tracksuit and baseball cap

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
On that note lol naked locker room boxing presents Beattie vs Pulis

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Gus Poyet was sacked as Brighton boss for taking a poo poo on the floor of the dressing room

szary
Mar 12, 2014
That would have been great, but it was Crystal Palace's bus driver

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
He did get sacked by text live on match of the day

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
He took a poo poo on Crystal Palace's bus driver??

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Those pre-season tours to Germany gave people bad habits

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Death of Dee Kaiser reminded me of this:

Can't wait to see how Infantino makes this funeral about himself and/or say something weird unprompted about Gulf States and women

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/sid_lambert/status/1743172513603940665

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Quizzed about his disciplinary record throughout his playing days, Terry was asked to repeat evidence that he had been sent off four times in his career.

“Can you say, please, four times?” asked his QC, George Carter-Stephenson.

“Please, please, please, please,” Terry responded.

The courtroom broke into hysteria in response to Terry’s comments and according to reports, he appeared confused by the reaction from the courtroom and couldn’t figure out what they found so funny.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

sticksy posted:

Can't wait to see how Infantino makes this funeral about himself and/or say something weird unprompted about Gulf States and women

He’s going to invite that meat guy who sprinkles the salt

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Thanks Ants posted:

He’s going to invite that meat guy who sprinkles the salt

Salz Baekenbauer

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Brazil 1 - 7 Germany

The MBM is always a quality read
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/08/brazil-v-germany-world-cup-2014-semi-final-live-report

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 9, 2024

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Lol every time

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

71 min: Brazil susbtitution: Willian is brought on and Fred trudges off to a chorus of boos from the 55,000 strong crowd. Assorted Brazil players are shouting at each other, lots of their fans are crying salty tears and Luis Felipe Scolari is pointing at his eyes, presumably recommending that his players either stay alert (although that ship has sailed) or start showing some obvious signs of tearful contrition if they want to get out of the stadium alive.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
In the rooms at half time, the German players agreed to not humiliate Brazil further and just play within themselves to not get injured.

Andrea Schurrle getting subbed on thinking “gently caress that poo poo, I’ve got stats to pad” and immediately scoring twice (including an absolute banger)

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The background to the 7-1 is even funnier.

So in 2013, my hometown team, Atletico Mineiro, won libertadores in crazy fashion with Bernard up front. Pretty much losing all the key away games but then using the crazy atmosphere at home to win it all.
In 2014, after Neymar went down against Colombia, Scolari practiced all week with Willian or Paulinho in Neymar's place. If you don't remember them, they are defensive midfielders. Day before the game, after last practice, Scolari decides Bernard is going to replace Neymar. The idea, for Scolari, is that since the game is in Belo Horizonte (my hometown), the crowd would go nuts at seeing Bernard, and Brazil would go all in for a win like Atletico Mineiro did in 2013.

So my most favorite soccer memory and my funniest soccer memory are connected.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

This part of them singing for Neymar like he had been killed always amused me

sticksy fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 10, 2024

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
colombia just wrecking neymar in general was very funny because he rolled around a million times despite actually breaking his back

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Jose posted:

colombia just wrecking neymar in general was very funny because he rolled around a million times despite actually breaking his back

lol is there a better "Boy that cried wolf" story in football history than this

I need to find the matchday thread for that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

That time in the Women's World Cup USA v Brazil quarter-final when Brazil time-wasted so much that it gave the US the time they needed to score a last-minute equalizer and force a penalty shootout, which Brazil lost.

My favorite fake injury was when a player had to get stretchered off, and then the moment the stretcher was off the pitch, they jumped up and literally sprinted back onto the field.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 10, 2024