Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Another FAKE RINO didn't kiss Trump's o-ring enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Holy poo poo

What can you actually charge Trump with? He continuously does this "not touching you" poo poo while his insane minions do the work.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 8, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Swatting a Judge. Wow who ever did it better hope they covered their tracks well cos can't imagine this won't get pretty thoroughly investigated.

Anyway since its some trump fan weirdo I imagine the idiot will be arrested within the day.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
It also makes the case for the Trump gag orders, so this is absolutely going to impact Trump.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Encouraging people to take direct action against your enemies this time while at the same time insisting that you did not encourage people to take direct action against your enemies that time is certainly a novel approach.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Asking a child if they took a cookie from the cookie jar while they are clearly covered in crumbs and the jar was hidden in their room.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

"Republicans against Marjorie Taylor Greene" is like saying "Nazis against Goebbels".

I mean, if you're talking treason there are bigger fish to fry you know.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

tek79 posted:

"Republicans against Marjorie Taylor Greene" is like saying "Nazis against Goebbels".

I mean, if you're talking treason there are bigger fish to fry you know.
True, but if you live in Shitkicker Georgia, you may not have much influence on "TRUMP," but you can sure the gently caress replace MTG with Buford-Bob Overseer IV who will, at the least, not be a public spectacle.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

dr_rat posted:

Anyway since its some trump fan weirdo I imagine the idiot will be arrested within the day.

Probably live-streamed himself doing it.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

:rudypop:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving disgusting

https://twitter.com/CarlosGSmith/status/1744023125048664248?s=20

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

I think I met this guy like 15 years ago, ironically at the same time and in the same place that I met MTG’s former CrossFit coach/tantric sex guru/Zangief cosplayer.

At least he turned out to be cool, a shame about this guy though. However, while I do not got to hand it to him, I appreciate that he has historically accurate mail armor.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Just write off Florida at this point: it's loving Gilead

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

How likely is it to pass, though? GOP are introducing crazy batshit bills all the time

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kazil posted:

How likely is it to pass, though? GOP are introducing crazy batshit bills all the time

The state legislature is gerrymandered into a permanent crazy supermajority sooooo…

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

kazil posted:

Yeah like “introducing legislation” is borderline meaningless

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

digital penitence posted:

Lol why is it always the boogeyman Aunt Tifa?

They never understand that they're the cultists, and not everybody else. So they think trash talking whatever they think Antifa is will offend us like we'd give a poo poo. Like when you point out some stupid thing a Republican said or did and their response is "What about Clinton then?" like anybody gives any poo poo about the Clintons anymore.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

It's especially funny because IIRC, the vast majority of people in FL who use vote-by-mail are elderly snowbirds, who do so because it's easier for them than having to get up and around and go to the polls on Election Day.

These are also the people who make up the majority of the GOP's base in FL.

(source: lived in FL for a few years)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Lots of snow birds don't go south until after Thanksgiving.

This is a huge lol if you rely on elderly voters to carry you on election day.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

Holy poo poo

What can you actually charge Trump with? He continuously does this "not touching you" poo poo while his insane minions do the work.

I suppose you can threaten to turn the car around unless he starts behaving.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's especially funny because IIRC, the vast majority of people in FL who use vote-by-mail are elderly snowbirds, who do so because it's easier for them than having to get up and around and go to the polls on Election Day.

These are also the people who make up the majority of the GOP's base in FL.

(source: lived in FL for a few years)

I was thinking this

This seems way morely likely to screw over their own geriatric base.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

TulliusCicero posted:

Holy poo poo

A lot

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/FL.html

Still probably going to hurt Dems more than GOP

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

A LAAHHT

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The big question is, is Trump going to get off his fat orange rear end and leave Mar-a-Lago and actually go to the polls to vote; or is he going to do like he did last election, and scream that voting by mail is RIGGED AND STOLLEN even as he himself votes by mail

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The big question is, is Trump going to get off his fat orange rear end and leave Mar-a-Lago and actually go to the polls to vote; or is he going to do like he did last election, and scream that voting by mail is RIGGED AND STOLLEN even as he himself votes by mail

He's going to be a felon by the election

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

He's going to be a felon by the election

^this

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

fellon

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Like 91 different things

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/AnnaBower/status/1744379561943453913

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24351961-23sc188947-motion-29-supremacy-clause

https://twitter.com/AnnaBower/status/1744380010272563666

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24351957-23sc188947-motion-28-double-jeopardy-trump

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Jimmy Fellon, a total LOSER, begged like a DOG to be allowed to touch my perfectly natural hair.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

How on earth could they possibly think they could argue double jeopardy?

E: "think"

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Your honor, this matter has already been adjudicated in my treehouse by a panel of my toadies, so Double Jeopardy obviously applies.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Grey Cat posted:

Because of the failed impeachment

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

same dumb argument that because the senate didn't convict him during his impeachment, he's not guilty

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao Impeachment trial?

The gently caress are they even talking about

There wasn't even a discussion or investigation: they just went "Lol Nah"

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

So it's separation of powers that prevents them from charging him, but also he was acquitted by one branch which should then apply to the other? Even though it's separate? Is it separate or not, make up your mind!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Trumps gonna take fellons name when they marry?

That's sweet.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I filed a flurry of motions this morning too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Grey Cat posted:

I gather they want to say that if you get acquitted in an impeachment you can’t be tried for crimes tied to the thing they impeached you over.