Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://x.com/golgariguy/status/1744259640425165032?s=20

Sell sell sell Mortimer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
This is probably one of many reasons I’d never be a judge, but I cannot imagine giving a gently caress about fake/proxies cards. I don’t care what level of competition it is

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Dark Souls of Posters posted:

This is probably one of many reasons I’d never be a judge, but I cannot imagine giving a gently caress about fake/proxies cards. I don’t care what level of competition it is

Judges, honestly, shouldn't be.
Only the most egregious fakes should be caught as a cya and in all other cases a judge can and should issue a proxy.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Weird I wonder why

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Captain Invictus posted:

almost perfect size

Cut some of the blank black space between the icon and the text, perhaps?

E: a straight resize got it because it was already in ratio with 180x64.

Crushes some of the details but who cares?

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 8, 2024

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

AI upscale the icon :)

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Jiro posted:

Weird I wonder why

Lots of Standard cards are skyrocketing right now because of RCQ season. Shops weren't stocking them because why would they? It was negative EV to crack open product or hold inventory when Wizards has driven prices so low and there was no demand. Now all of a sudden everyone is jumping into a previously lesser played paper format to qualify for RCs so what stock there was has been eaten up.

Standard lands like Deserted Beach are sold out everywhere at LGS and removal like Destroy Evil are hard to find locally as well, for some examples to paint a picture.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

hey does anybody want my standard crap I'm not using????

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

Mirrex is probably the best utility land in Standard right now. If you want to play basically any deck besides mono red, you probably run 1-2 copies.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

If they are a card you own and don't need, sell/trade it asap. This is a card that won't hold that value.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Selling cards is too much of a hassle even for the biggies, and at this point I'd have to be paid to want to rifle through the boxes for anything specific. TCG player will be dethroned by the first company that lets you sell cards via fax

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Selling cards is too much of a hassle even for the biggies, and at this point I'd have to be paid to want to rifle through the boxes for anything specific. TCG player will be dethroned by the first company that lets you sell cards via fax

Pucatrade was an amazing time for MTG and could have been something if they weren't idiots.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Khanstant posted:

I just drop the box on the counter at the lgs and I walk away with 60% in cash, which covers labor and fees, and taxes of I bothered to sell it anywhere else

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

I just drop the box on the counter at the lgs and I walk away with 60% in cash, which covers labor and fees, and taxes of I bothered to sell it anywhere else

I think if this is your local lgs , the one you play at, you are giving them a good discount while taking roughly a 10% loss at the very least. This is the kind of stuff that keeps your lgs afloat.

TCGplayer is without a doubt the easiest way to sell cards you don't want if you live in the US and you have easy access to a post office. Your biggest issues are just tax related if you sell enough.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

I have to list my Midnight Hunt stuff but I'm also going on vacation soon.. Hmm..

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sickening posted:

I think if this is your local lgs , the one you play at, you are giving them a good discount while taking roughly a 10% loss at the very least. This is the kind of stuff that keeps your lgs afloat.

TCGplayer is without a doubt the easiest way to sell cards you don't want if you live in the US and you have easy access to a post office. Your biggest issues are just tax related if you sell enough.

10% on a 20 dollar card is two bucks, but it's less than that:
I tried to sell this on TCG, eBay, between his long they'd sit, the awful buyers, and the intermediary fees I was doing worse.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/738966628647190528/maros-teaser-for-murders-at-karlov-manor

Initial guesses for clout:
Disguise at morph, but
Cases as transforming classes
Lamasu could be a throw back to the original hunted cycle

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 8, 2024

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I like how the AI thing fit's wotc's pattern of always doing the dumbest possible thing, and then only backing down when the entire internet yells at them for it. Like that D&D license thing last year. Or like 6 different decisions regarding Arena like daily quests requiring wins with a green or white deck in beta, for example. Not having a historic format, and then once they announced historic, saying historic-only cards would cost double wildcards, not including Bo3 for most of beta. Releasing 1000 sets a year.

why can't they make that many good decisions?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

A Moose posted:

I like how the AI thing fit's wotc's pattern of always doing the dumbest possible thing, and then only backing down when the entire internet yells at them for it. Like that D&D license thing last year. Or like 6 different decisions regarding Arena like daily quests requiring wins with a green or white deck in beta, for example. Not having a historic format, and then once they announced historic, saying historic-only cards would cost double wildcards, not including Bo3 for most of beta. Releasing 1000 sets a year.

why can't they make that many good decisions?

Yes but line go up, and I bet you didn't think about that did you, smart guy?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/738966628647190528/maros-teaser-for-murders-at-karlov-manor

Initial guesses for clout:
Disguise at morph, but
Cases as transforming classes
Lamasu could be a throw back to the original hunted cycle

Maro posted:

And yes, Murder is in the set

:yeah:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh good, I was worried this standard season wouldn't have enough cheap removal.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

We're talking murder, right?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

lol it will not see any real constructed play. it’s a gen x card in a zoomer world

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

dont worry about removal, they'll have another undying effect card in there but it'll have flashback or something.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
3 mana is way too expensive for constructed these days but Murder being in the format is definitely a damper on bombs in limited. I'm guessing it will be a pretty high pick in draft.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
3 mana was too much from the printing of terror

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Artifact Creature - Clue Fish must be a card named "Red Herring", right?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Time posted:

lol it will not see any real constructed play. it’s a gen x card in a zoomer world

Oh you're right, it's so non impactful that I completely forgot it was already in standard from Capenna.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

I think mine is more likely to give you 40% if you want cash, slightly more if you want store credit that can't be used on event entries or booster boxes, and they weren't interested in this ridiculous secret lair shadow apostle I had. Still better than ever going to the post office but haven't had the motivation to pile up the good stuff I'm not playing with to sell. I should at some point though and pare down to one tidier box of staples I know I can use for commander and ditch the rest. I have dreams of kitchen table decks galore but not enough opportunity to play em.

After drafting people did trades often enough but I didn't have a binder of stuff yet when I was going more often, but people seemed to be trading at full value give or take how much they wanted the thing or didn't care about what they were trading away.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

LifeLynx posted:

Artifact Creature - Clue Fish must be a card named "Red Herring", right?

lol yeah. I'd bet money on it

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Secret Lair Commander Deck: Cats and Dogs coming soon

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lol they're all double sided

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GonSmithe posted:

Secret Lair Commander Deck: Cats and Dogs coming soon

Oh noooo they got me

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
How come there isn't a dog-specific commander?

Cats get one of the five Eminence guys and even the most dog-focused dog is also a cat. Messed up.

At least Yoshimaru is the goodest boy.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Cats get one of the five Eminence guys and even the most dog-focused dog is also a cat. Messed up.

was wondering this too. with any luck will get one in the critter focused set next year.

sadly I'm allergic to cats so I can't run rin and seri

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Haldan and Pako look like a fun partner. It's not very Dog focused like Cat decks are.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Return to Tarkir will give us some obnoxiously broken rear end five color Ainok legend and you'll regret saying anything

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bring back Snuff Out

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Sniff out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU