Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

Super pricing rumors

As always huge grain of salt etc
Oh look all the prices were spot on :smug:

Now to wait for IRL performance and perf/$ after applying discounts on the regular cards...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh look all the prices were spot on :smug:

Now to wait for IRL performance and perf/$ after applying discounts on the regular cards...

Or the prices I posted 2 days before you?

Lockback posted:

So latest rumors are 4080 super being $999, 4070ti and 4070 supers are 799 and 599 respectively, with the 4070 being adjusted to 549.

That 4080 Super might be more interesting than I thought. Decision time coming from a 2080 Super on whether to get one of these or wait for the 5000s, which I still think are a year+ out.

:smug::smugbert::smugbird::smugdog::smugdroid::smuggo:
(we were all stealing from the same sources)

I think the 4070 will effectively be much lower than the MSRP just because I think it will be unlikely it'd sell at that price. Or maybe Nvidia is stealth dropping it but can't officially for ??? reasons? I'm going to wait for actual benchmarks but the 4070ti is a REAL interesting upgrade from a 2080S, and I am more interested in the 4080S than I expected I would be. Decisions decisions.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
40m until the keynote, i don't think i have it in me to watch it live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JbSg2UnK2k

https://twitch.tv/nvidia

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

That 4070 Ti Super to me is still the most interesting card, but at least the 4080 (Super) is more reasonably priced now and happy I was wrong.

Also, they are doing FEs for the 4080S and 4070S, but skipping the 4070 Ti Super like they did with the original. Not sure why.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Lockback posted:

I think the 4070 will effectively be much lower than the MSRP just because I think it will be unlikely it'd sell at that price. Or maybe Nvidia is stealth dropping it but can't officially for ??? reasons? I'm going to wait for actual benchmarks but the 4070ti is a REAL interesting upgrade from a 2080S, and I am more interested in the 4080S than I expected I would be. Decisions decisions.

I forget the name of it, but there's a marketing strategy where you have a slightly cheaper but notably inferior version of a thing just to push people to buy the bigger one. Like, if a 8 oz small soda costs $.99 and a 32oz large costs $1.29 you're heavily pushed towards buying the bigger one, but the cost to McDonalds for the extra syrup and water is way, way less than the extra $.30 you're paying.

Anyways, that's what I figure the 4070 is. They want it to have a mildly poo poo price just to drive people towards the bigger, more expensive offerings.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Wow I hate all of this AI poo poo, it looks/sounds/feels like rear end

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

don't you want to be able to make meaningless smalltalk with random filler NPCs, doesn't that sound fun

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

oh good they're finally releasing the remix sdk

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

All this AI hype makes GPUs more profitable, so it does help make the generational improvements better at least.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lol at spinning "save twitch money by encoding all bitrates locally instead of twitch doing transcoding on their end" as a feature

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lockback posted:

Or those, yes.

But there's always someone who pops in to inform that the leaks are fake, Jensen is going to make last-minute changes anyway, so all rumored numbers are meaningless etc.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

repiv posted:

lol at spinning "save twitch money by encoding all bitrates locally instead of twitch doing transcoding on their end" as a feature

Twitch only transcodes streams by partnered users (the ones who have paying subscribers). Is Twitch going after the streamers who make them money now? Seems like a risky move.

Supreme Lord Jeremy
Jul 12, 2006

"We have waited centuries for this moment. The rivers will flow with the blood of those who oppose us."
Where's the 1.5x button for this presentation?

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I got some AI for you: AI'd rather be watching something other than this presentation.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the AI marketing speak is so vapid that they probably could get an LLM to generate it and nobody would notice the difference

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh, they did

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1744346296121544830?t=RtG0HzoMvpyPWEJQhC79tQ&s=19

A GTX 1650 as an iGPU, drat

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
Kind of a broad question, but I'm having an issue: using a 4090 to send signal out of resolume to an LED wall (theatrixx xvision nomad 2.5) that was pretty big, everything went fine, but on day 3 of it running, started getting some flickering and artifacts happening. Then this past Friday, got the same issue on just a regular 4k monitor, with no LED wall. This is all according to the techs who were on site with this machine. I have not been able to recreate the issue with stress tests or anything else. Any ideas on what this could be?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Definitely looks like I'll be picking up at 4080 Super -
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/01/theyre-not-cheap-but-nvidias-new-super-gpus-are-a-step-in-the-right-direction/

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Yeah, that's really nice. I can think of good uses.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Aug 9, 2016: B&H Photo Order Shipped, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080, $649.99

7.5 years, I think it's about time.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i thought you were joking when you said they marketed doing all transcoding instead of twitch as an enhanced feature, but they seriously want you to do every single transcode?

good lord, hopefully this means there's still some h264 fallback that twitch is doing

"up to five transcodes" also implies all sorts of fun segmentation the average person won't be able to make sense of

e: they probably mean five sessions as horribly explained in their official feature matrix

e2: the "enhanced" part is also partly a reference to some "enhanced rtmp" spec:

quote:

Simulcasting / Restreaming: Third-party video platforms that relay your RTMP video streams will not work initially with the new Enhanced RTMP. This advanced version of the standard RTMP protocol, featuring the innovative Multitrack capability, is being developed through a collaboration between Twitch, Veovera (a not-for-profit organization in the streaming technology sector) and other major streaming platforms. As a result, streamers relying on third-party services will need to stream directly to Twitch until third-party platforms integrate support for the Multitrack feature within Enhanced RTMP. The transition to Enhanced RTMP's Multitrack feature by third-party platforms is in progress, which will eventually lead to a more dynamic and enriched streaming experience. If you’re a third-party video tool or platform and want help, please get in touch.

ai-translated influencers blasting you with real-time bigotry when

kliras fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 8, 2024

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Canned Sunshine posted:

That 4070 Ti Super to me is still the most interesting card, but at least the 4080 (Super) is more reasonably priced now and happy I was wrong.

Also, they are doing FEs for the 4080S and 4070S, but skipping the 4070 Ti Super like they did with the original. Not sure why.

They're pissed they couldn't call it the 4080 12GB Super 16GB Edition.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The 4070 Ti Super should be a good upgrade for all the people who have been holding onto their 1080 Tis for dear life.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

hark posted:

Kind of a broad question, but I'm having an issue: using a 4090 to send signal out of resolume to an LED wall (theatrixx xvision nomad 2.5) that was pretty big, everything went fine, but on day 3 of it running, started getting some flickering and artifacts happening. Then this past Friday, got the same issue on just a regular 4k monitor, with no LED wall. This is all according to the techs who were on site with this machine. I have not been able to recreate the issue with stress tests or anything else. Any ideas on what this could be?

No, but hmu over pms if you ever want to talk video art/vj stuff.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

The 4070 Ti Super should be a good upgrade for all the people who have been holding onto their 1080 Tis for dear life.

Unless... they can hold on for another year and get a 5000??? :thunk:

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Any idea if AMD will respond with lower pricing to match? I’ve got a stopgap 6700 non xt and I’d be interested in a 7700xt if the price is right. I don’t give a poo poo about any fancy NVIDIA features, just solid raster performance at a good price.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I skipped the Nvidia 2000, 900, 600, 400, 9000, and 7000 generations of cards so I guess I may as well skip the 4000s too.

Ryzen 9800X3D + RTX 5080 before the PC release of GTA VI?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PirateBob posted:

Unless... they can hold on for another year and get a 5000??? :thunk:

This will be me - building next year and gonna budget for mondo expensive 5080 or 5090 in :canada: funbux.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Vintersorg posted:

This will be me - building next year and gonna budget for mondo expensive 5080 or 5090 in :canada: funbux.

Finally, the price equals the model number!

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

MixMasterMalaria posted:

No, but hmu over pms if you ever want to talk video art/vj stuff.

Hell yeah will do.

Also, are there any threads for that kinda poo poo on here? I've found so many niche things so far but haven't come across that yet

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

AMD also released a 7600XT but its the same maxed out Navi33 (aka everyone's favorite codename, "Hotpink Bonefish") as the regular 7600 so it has the same shader count/cache etc, only this time with a questionably useful 16GB of vram and some smallish clockspeed and power use bumps for a $330 price point. That seems like a steep price when you can get more performant stuff like a 6750XT or open box 4060 Ti in that range, but maybe prices will settle a bit lower.

And you better believe the slidedeck has a helping of AI trash... a thing you are not gonna run on a 7600XT.

As with the Supers and any other GPU ever made, wait for reviews.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/21215/amd-adds-radeon-rx-7600-xt-to-product-stack-16gb-1080p-gaming-card-for-329

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

I'll be bumping up to a 4070S. The 4070 is already an efficiency monster for Folding@Home style number crunching, and the Super should be a significant upgrade for that use case.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h6fOQil5-s

I know that the whole point of these videos is to showcase what RTX features can do for older games but I feel using Half Life 2 is a bit on the nose and also less impressive because it's been modded to death for the last twenty years.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Valve just needs to make a new Source engine with path tracing, and port their titles to that.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

mdxi posted:

I'll be bumping up to a 4070S. The 4070 is already an efficiency monster for Folding@Home style number crunching, and the Super should be a significant upgrade for that use case.

Are you saying you have a 4070 and you want to jump to a 4070S? Unless you are able to sell to some sucker I don't see that as a good path.

If you're upgrading from something else, then yeah, the 4070S seems solid at that price point.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Valve just needs to make a new Source engine with path tracing, and port their titles to that.

(Shiny, reflective) orange box

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
drat, super refresh didn’t end up being a perf/$ regression after all, huh?

well, better luck next time

if you thought it would be, you are absolutely the “doesn’t even realize they’re a fanboy” to which I was referring

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Oh no the voices are back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
lol at someone getting so mad over big kids toys that they bought Paul an av.