Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

you all know that pete carroll isn't going anywhere until the trust sells the team, right? unless he decides to retire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

seiferguy posted:

You are reading way too much into a meaningless game lol

Seriously lol

They also likely would've won if 84 hadn't dropped two different nice passes.

Moody is a legit concern though if he costs the Niners a playoff game I'm gonna die inside

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Fix It posted:

you all know that pete carroll isn't going anywhere until the trust sells the team, right? unless he decides to retire.

Could happen anytime! No one knows what the hell Jody Allen wants to do!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
well, at least we won. and honestly, nobody wanted to see this fail-rear end defense in the playoffs

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Mr. Fix It posted:

It's gonna own when Jeff Bezos buys the team and hires terrible puppet coaches and turns Lumen into even more of a lovely dystopia than it already is. We'll be longing for the days when Pete just did dumb challenges and punted too much.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Benne posted:

It's gonna own when Jeff Bezos buys the team and hires terrible puppet coaches and turns Lumen into even more of a lovely dystopia than it already is. We'll be longing for the days when Pete just did dumb challenges and punted too much.

Wrong. Always go for it. Only coward punt.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

quote:

The Seahawks always are evaluating and updating contingency plans in the event longtime coach Pete Carroll, now 72 years old, decides to walk away.

Carroll is under contract through 2024, with an option for 2025 that can be exercised in the offseason.

Honestly anything could happen this offseason!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

well, at least we won. and honestly, nobody wanted to see this fail-rear end defense in the playoffs

Seriously. I treated today like the last game of the year from the beginning because in reality I didn't want to feel like I had to watch them get the poo poo kicked out of them next week.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Meh. Seattle isn't in because of Green Bay. You guys should be mad as hell. Cuz gently caress Green Bay.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Oh gently caress does this mean I have to root for the Packers next week?

Waltzing Along posted:

Meh. Seattle isn't in because of Green Bay. You guys should be mad as hell. Cuz gently caress Green Bay.

No, Seattle really isn't in because of Seattle.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm just kinda tired of watching this team. They're just treading water, going nowhere. They've gotta do some kind of a reset, fast. I'm sad to see them miss the playoffs but they weren't gonna do anything anyway.

I'm gonna go root for the Lions.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Waltzing Along posted:

Seattle isn't in because they let Najee "Trent Richardson 2.0" Harris bully the poo poo out of them last week. The season ended there, really.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If Fields didn't play like Fields today, GB loses and Seattle is in. The Bears D did what they needed to do. Fields just can't stop loving up.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Manoueverable posted:

I'm just kinda tired of watching this team. They're just treading water, going nowhere. They've gotta do some kind of a reset, fast. I'm sad to see them miss the playoffs but they weren't gonna do anything anyway.

I'm gonna go root for the Lions.

:same:
I'm not mad or even sad, just bored. Here comes the Lions bandwagon!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

From what I can gather, she's building a new stadium from nothing but endagered animal bones.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

seiferguy posted:

i read an hour ago that they're waiting for a 10% tax clause on team sales from the stadium deal to expire and immediately believed it. so the sale is happening next year at the earliest

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I fell asleep during this game and only saw the end I don't feel I misused my time

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Waltzing Along posted:

If Fields didn't play like Fields today, GB loses and Seattle is in. The Bears D did what they needed to do. Fields just can't stop loving up.

Yeah, between Fields and Getsy, the Bears offense is just pretty bad. We're three seasons into the Fields Experiment, and he'd made some progress in recent games it seems, but then only 9 points, all FGs, against a lovely Packers defense? Yeah, time to move on.

Cardinals at least are looking promising.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Lifespan posted:

I stopped watching at 5 mins left when the Packers won and the Seahawks were just letting the Cards walk all over them. Managed to tune back in right in time to see a shanked FG and a Seahawks win that will only give them a worse draft pick.

This is a poo poo way to look at it. Just go lol Prater and hope we finally put Pete out to pasture.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Canned Sunshine posted:

Cardinals at least are looking promising.

You sure about that? The defense is real bad and the offense looks pretty in flux.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Cardinals look scrappy but their roster is still rear end. I think this year was a success but they're still a year away from being any good

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Why a single 49er fan itt cares at all about the results of that game, and why anyone thinks Shanahan should have put work into scheming for the game - especially when there's a good chance they play again in 2 weeks - I do not know.

Most important stat: zero new injuries.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

Why a single 49er fan itt cares at all about the results of that game, and why anyone thinks Shanahan should have put work into scheming for the game - especially when there's a good chance they play again in 2 weeks - I do not know.

Both Mitchell and Mason looked good too.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Coldforge posted:

This is all that matters.

We did get a bunch of backups some real reps, and that was valuable.

Sam Darnold was fine. If he wasn't throwing to people seeing the field for the first time this season, we'd have had more points.

Moody... this had better have been him getting this out of his system.

Hawkins. He had an INT and was instrumental on a big sack. The PI was a negative, but every starter in the Secondary has been called for the same thing. I feel better about a deep playoff run knowing we have him as depth.

Conley could have had a breakout game. He dropped some catchable balls, but so has Aiyuk. Again, I'm happier with our depth having seen him play.

Mason and Mitchell. Studs. No notes.

Moody. This had bet... oh I've done him already.

Everyone else. A lot of people got reps that they needed. Some are developing players who needed the practice, some needed real impact on film so they're working next year. There's nobody I'd pick out and say "they sucked".

Wilks. The season speaks for itself. What stands out here is Hawkins. Actually, Hawkins and Brown. We've got real talent in the secondary in their rookie seasons, and I'm going to credit Wilks for getting them on the team and developed enough to contribute when we needed them.

Shanahan. The game plan was fine. We got good evaluation snaps on a lot of players. Our backup QWB got a week practicing with the first squad, and then starting. This addresses a team weakness from last year, so I'm happy here.

Rest versus rust. Rest. We had a week off anyway. An extra week off for CMC and Kittle will pay dividends into February. Purdy will be a lot fresher with the extra week. Deebo and Aiyuk took some snaps, but that was for Darnold's benefit. Our backup QB got real reps with the first team offense, our stars got rest, our backups got reps. Forget the score, this week was a huge boost to the 49ers Super Bowl chances.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/status/1744188285524562376?t=WIGQyqJMismDAKtuszQH7Q&s=19

I probably wouldn't expect much change here!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Nervous posted:

This is a poo poo way to look at it. Just go lol Prater and hope we finally put Pete out to pasture.

I already was corrected. The draft pick was the same either way, so lol Prater and hope we finally put Pete out to pasture.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

You sure about that? The defense is real bad and the offense looks pretty in flux.

Yeah, there were moments here and there where they showed potential, and going into the season I thought Gannon was a complete dweeb and joke, but leaving the season, I think he might end up actually being a good coach if they can get the pieces they need?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Lifespan posted:

I already was corrected. The draft pick was the same either way, so lol Prater and hope we finally put Pete out to pasture.

About that second part...

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

At least it means you will remain true to the Run. A new coach might be too taken by the modern trends and not understand the sacred truth.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

100% this. Am I correct in that there were not any major injuries in the game?

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

My only big worry is Moody missing a FG, which seems to be a growing concern. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens during the playoffs, but I hope I'm wrong about this.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Dancing Peasant posted:

My only big worry is Moody missing a FG, which seems to be a growing concern. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens during the playoffs, but I hope I'm wrong about this.

I was at the game and it was windy at times. I think he just didn't factor in the wind. He missed two in warm-ups with basically the same conditions so I think he just is learning about winters in Santa Clara. He should be fine. Hopefully. Praying.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
He sucks OP

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Solution: score touchdowns and never kick fgs through strong execution of slow, methodical drives built around a strong run game.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Solution: score touchdowns and never kick fgs through strong execution of slow, methodical drives built around a strong run game.

This is literally what their strategy was after the 3 game losing streak lol, the only reason his name hasn't been in the conversation is because all their games were blowouts

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Still gotta make the PAT! :ohdear:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Papercut posted:

This is literally what their strategy was after the 3 game losing streak lol, the only reason his name hasn't been in the conversation is because all their games were blowouts

Eh, the two he missed this past game were the first PAT he's missed and the first one he's missed within, what, 40 yards, this season. He's fine.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Recency Bias is what I'm saying.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Welp. Next year the hawks get the 3rd. Place schedule so i look forward to a 6-3 start a slide then waiting to see of the packers lose again to see if the hawks make the playoffs.

Also look forward to another bottom 5 defensive unit

Hawks gonna take the "win 54% of time" to maximize profits mariner approach

To be clear: I'll still watch this garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

Eh, the two he missed this past game were the first PAT he's missed and the first one he's missed within, what, 40 yards, this season. He's fine.

They lost the Cleveland game because he missed a 41 yarder, what are you talking about. He also missed one in the 40-49yd range *indoors* against Minnesota. Missing 50+ yarders is whatever but missing 30-50 yarders is not fine.