Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

KPC_Mammon posted:

It sure is weird how people enjoy rping a fascist in 40k game threads when there are actual self identified nazis complaining about the iconoclast ending being unrealistic online.

Oh, word?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

KPC_Mammon posted:

It sure is weird how people enjoy rping a fascist in 40k game threads when there are actual self identified nazis complaining about the iconoclast ending being unrealistic online.

*farts*

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

KPC_Mammon posted:

i would simply not read the video game opinions of actual nazis

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Countless worlds have been lost to chaos worship and corruption and here you are farming heretic points because you think it’s “cool”.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
That's right, I like rping a fascist in 40k game threads 😈

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

pentyne posted:

i would simply not read the video game opinions of actual nazis

The problem is I can't tell which posts are ironically pro genocide and which are nazis.

Complications posted:

Having not seen that ending I can only assume that you lighten up on the fascist oppression by about 1.5 degrees and it's still something that will only last right up until an Imperial crusade or Ork Waaugh or Tyranid fleet rolls in and obliterates all involved because Warhammer is where good things go to get murder-rape-hosed by the writers.

You'd be wrong. It is optimistic enough to make people really upset.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 8, 2024

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

KPC_Mammon posted:

The problem is I can't tell which posts are ironically pro genocide and which are nazis.

Thats a shame

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

KPC_Mammon posted:

You'd be wrong

I dont think space elves are real, so you cannot be pro-genocide towards them. I hope that helps.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

If people want the thread to be filled with white noise about how murdering the other is cool and good instead of game mechanics, plot discussion, and how to work around bugs I'll duck out until there is something worth talking about. Sorry for making GBS threads up your fashy circle jerk.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Too long for a thread title Im afraid

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
What's the character limit? "Sorry for making GBS threads up your fashy circle jerk" or just "fashy circle jerk" is pretty good.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

That's right, I like rping a fascist in 40k game threads 😈

i'm not rping :evilbuddy:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

KPC_Mammon posted:

If people want the thread to be filled with white noise about how murdering the other is cool and good instead of game mechanics, plot discussion, and how to work around bugs I'll duck out until there is something worth talking about. Sorry for making GBS threads up your fashy circle jerk.

At least you recognized you were wrong :)

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

KPC_Mammon posted:

:ok:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Finished the game, Act 5 was a mess, but I liked the story as it was.

Wish the chaos secret companion got more interaction. I appreciated him just being a supportive cool dude in what little we got of him.

Also wish they had allowed you to change the convictions of your party members, even if some of them remained locked. Like fine if Argenta is incorruptible, but some of those companion quests seemed like they should have massively increased Idira's chaos alignment.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Shaking my head and frowning as I select dogmatic options to make sure everyone knows I disapprove of far future fascist theocracy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
using the hard R when saying Eldar so everyone knows I'm an irl racist

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

in the fuhrerbunker playing warhammer 40,000: rogue trader with my good friend, hitler, laughing and high fiving every time we choose a dogmatic response.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my favorite goon thing is when someone expresses a dumb opinion and then a bunch of goons just make the most immediately tired jokes instead of taking the easy win

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i love hitler, everyone whooping and cheering for me specifically, the only person on this page making a joke about how i love hitler

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Snooze Cruise posted:

i love hitler, everyone whooping and cheering for me specifically, the only person on this page making a joke about how i love hitler

This, but unironically :twisted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The thing I've noticed mainly is more a lot of people posting with sadistic glee how much they love executing the few non white characters in the game.

Both here and elsewhere.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

No thread, emergency warp transition! Get us out of here!

I liked how they generally make the human enemies open to criticism from multiple directions. You can object to Chorda's or Idira's or Heinrix's behavior from any perspective on the ideology compass.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Inquisitors are the perfect main bad guy for any 40k story. They always go heretic if they live long enough, but will never regardless of age become team players. So even if you completely agree with their ideology it's still gonna end in violence.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sharkopath posted:

The thing I've noticed mainly is more a lot of people posting with sadistic glee how much they love executing the few non white characters in the game.

Both here and elsewhere.

Yeahhh that has been really unfortunate.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

Both here and elsewhere.

This was what I was trying to get at without coffee or breakfast but then everyone came out of the woodwork farting and saying that they are, in fact, nazis.

The number of people who proudly talk about murdering all the non-cis white characters in this game is disturbing. I can't tell who is just really into the lore (whatever that means) and who is just a nazi.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
I like the orks that go dakka dakka dakka I think they are funny and cool 😎

E: actually kind of wild that I I never saw a single ork in the whole game

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'd argue that making the characters who are in-universe prone to causing random magical violence, or in the case of the footfall guy, crimelords, people who inhabit bipoc identities is an indictment of the developers and not the playerbase.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

This was what I was trying to get at without coffee or breakfast but then everyone came out of the woodwork farting and saying that they are, in fact, nazis.

The number of people who proudly talk about murdering all the non-cis white characters in this game is disturbing. I can't tell who is just really into the lore (whatever that means) and who is just a nazi.
So, would you have been far more comfortable with people talking about blamming Idira if she had been more of a whiter shade of pale?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Dad Joke of the Day: Abelard brought an underdeck merchant to the bridge deck for summary judgement, on grounds of impersonating the Lord Captain. When asked "if he was the Lord Captain, where was his Warrant of Trade?" The confused merchant said "Sir! I have no idea what you're talking about! I sell cosmetics!"

The Lord Captain slapped his head in understanding and turned to Abelard. "It's ok, Seneschal, he's not impersonating me.. he's a Rouge Trader!"

(In the Grim Darkness of the 41st millennium, there are only bad jokes!)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, would you have been far more comfortable with people talking about blamming Idira if she had been more of a whiter shade of pale?

its the kind of tumblr brainworms where the only valid targets for villainy are white cis men and all others are delicate flowers to be sheltered and advocated for

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

*Whispers* Is... is heresy bourgeois?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh no, not tumblr

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Cast off the shackles of the Imperium. Return the fruits of the production to the Chaos Go.. er.. people!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Arglebargle III posted:

*Whispers* Is... is heresy bourgeois?

The Primordial Annihilator is definitely ultraliberal.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

KPC_Mammon posted:

The fact that the smart option is to kill Idira immediately is good sense given the lore. She's literally a walking daemon bomb. The fact that she is the only non-white character in the party is a problem. (Jae is coded completely differently along a different set of stereotypes.)

Anyone who cannot hold both of these thoughts in their head at the same time and comprehend the nuances involved is not qualified to be making decisions for themselves without assistance.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Having to trawl the Rogue Trader subreddit a lot for info because there's literally no functional wiki or build repository for this game it does get pretty obnoxious to see someone ask for build or romance advice about yrliet or marazhai or idira and there's always at least one person who jumps in with "NONE BECAUSE I KILLED THEM" usually in more detail than the game actually allowed like they want a medal, so I can understand someone constantly exposed to that being a little eyerolly about it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Having to trawl the Rogue Trader subreddit a lot for info because there's literally no functional wiki or build repository for this game it does get pretty obnoxious to see someone ask for build or romance advice about yrliet or marazhai or idira and there's always at least one person who jumps in with "NONE BECAUSE I KILLED THEM" usually in more detail than the game actually allowed like they want a medal, so I can understand someone constantly exposed to that being a little eyerolly about it.

yeah but only one of them is a black woman and this whole issue seems to be that players are proudly killing bipoc characters when prompted to by the game and its actually secret racism

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

I'd argue that making the characters who are in-universe prone to causing random magical violence, or in the case of the footfall guy, crimelords, people who inhabit bipoc identities is an indictment of the developers and not the playerbase.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Yeahhh that has been really unfortunate.

It's a bit of a mix of both, where there only being two companions in that vein in an otherwise very white main cast makes them more focuses, but I lay the onus of the vicariously edgy relish more on the segment of the player base. In Idira's case, they get to feel double justified since theyre executing a minority thats also dangerous, and theres a lot of posting about Jae thats really thrilled to get one up on a lying jezebel type stuff, both of which are gross.

If there had been more it would be less noticable but its just the two, both women, who get it real bad. Nobody posts like that about abelard or argenta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

If there had been more it would be less noticable but its just the two, both women, who get it real bad. Nobody posts like that about abelard or argenta.
Do you even get a chance to execute Abelard or Argenta, considering that you have pretty much an immediate chance to kill Walking Daemonbomb and Lady "gently caress around and find out"?