Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Libs getting really into race science was a joke, but drat lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

also the liberati is already shielding pop-pop from debating cheeto:

Pretty sure their biggest concern is not wanting tens of millions of voters see biden drool & stammer his way thru a debate.

I feel like there are a few holes in the logic of "a debate will just make Biden look bad BECAUSE TRUMP IS SO AWFUL"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ex post facho posted:

Doesn't secdef have to be senate confirmed

Eh, sort of

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
grant schapps lol

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nothus posted:

Libs getting really into race science was a joke, but drat lol

Look they just needed to internalize it to get into the docks.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nothus posted:

Because someone resigning because they're no longer fit enough for the job raises uncomfortable questions about Biden's fitness

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
the eugenicist is really doubling down in the comments

i wonder if she knows how much she sounds like David Duke

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kamala is so poo poo that the dems went from "meh we can always 25th amendment Biden" to "oh no please don't 25th amendment Biden"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Excelzior posted:

Kamala is so poo poo that the dems went from "meh we can always 25th amendment Biden" to "oh no please don't 25th amendment Biden"

dems are tanking the 2024 election so that they have a reason to go with someone other than kamala in 2028

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

the eugenicist is really doubling down in the comments

i wonder if she knows how much she sounds like David Duke

no, you see, racism is a thing that stupid people do, and she's smart, so she's not doing racism

https://twitter.com/an0nygir1/status/1744314122471116950

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loquacius posted:

no, you see, racism is a thing that stupid people do, and she's smart, so she's not doing racism

the woke eugenicist

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Where are you going? I have some FBI crime stats to show you

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

in the wake of White Fragility I got lectures at a nonprofit that very explicitly said nonwhites are worse at punctuality and organization, but wokely.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Best Friends posted:

in the wake of White Fragility I got lectures at a nonprofit that very explicitly said nonwhites are worse at punctuality and organization, but wokely.

arms race in the white fragility lecture world to see how far they can turn the racism dial

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

a white guy at my partners work tried to start an "antiracist book club" and it got abandoned real quick because he kept dismissing suggestions from minorities about what to read and said they have to start with White Fragility

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the fact that the White Fragility book is by a white lady who talks in the book about how she had to be told not to touch her black coworkers' hair is so wild

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Starting an antiracist book club and starting us off with Battle Cry of Freedom

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the fact that the White Fragility book is by a white lady who talks in the book about how she had to be told not to touch her black coworkers' hair is so wild

can't have antiracism without racism

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the woke eugenicist

people in the replies to that reply are hammering on the bad grammar but tbh that's basically nothing compared to the logic

it has both "I can't be doing this thing, because stupid people do it and I am not stupid" and "the fact that you accused me of doing something is proof that you love doing it yourself all the time"

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Best Friends posted:

seeing this slide multiple times in DEI trainings over the years was maddening

thankfully it seems like this thing is on the way out

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

drake no: racism is comparing IQ test results of various ethnic groups

drake yes: racism is having a sense of urgency

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Tired: they're lazy!

Wired: they're culturally on island time

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Best Friends posted:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

if there is one thing that characterizes white supremacy, it’s definitely “fear of open conflict”

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Willa Rogers posted:

also the liberati is already shielding pop-pop from debating cheeto:

Pretty sure their biggest concern is not wanting tens of millions of voters see biden drool & stammer his way thru a debate.

If Biden had a comfortable lead in polls I could maybe begin to see merit in this but he absolutely does not lmao. Regardless, this would be a gift for Republicans if the Biden campaign backed out of debates.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

"Emphasis on Scientific Method"?! what?!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

some of those are accurate, like the protestant work ethic poo poo, and some of them are :psyduck:

"plan for future" is white culture????

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

some of those are accurate, like the protestant work ethic poo poo, and some of them are :psyduck:

Calvinism ftw

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

yes, this was in it! And there was a corresponding slide for nonwhites that made me completely lose my mind. I was like “this absolutely cannot appear in any way affiliated with our organization (because it’s mega racist)” and it was a bracing conversation.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Excelzior posted:

Harris is maybe the one high profile Democrat that would perform worse than Biden on the ballot.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

VoicesCanBe posted:

If Biden had a comfortable lead in polls I could maybe begin to see merit in this but he absolutely does not lmao. Regardless, this would be a gift for Republicans if the Biden campaign backed out of debates.

They'll come up with some bullshit format that prevents unscripted back-and-forth and doesn't run longer than the therapeutic half-life of Joe's brain meds

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

"Emphasis on Scientific Method"?! what?!

#diedsuddenly

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

loquacius posted:

this tweet got deleted, but the OP is still up

why is the OP still up

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

loquacius posted:

What did it say?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

What did it say?

someone made a joke about how she was getting out calipers and measuring skulls, and she said something along the lines of "that's more of a thing among low-IQ people, but the fact that you went there says something about you. Do you also test for witches?" I'm paraphrasing a bit bc I didn't expect this tweet specifically to be the one to get deleted and so didn't screenshot

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Best Friends posted:

"I can say CPT because my wife is black"

- Bill De Blasio

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

PhilippAchtel posted:

What did it say?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Willa Rogers posted:

quote:

But the biggest concern is that putting Trump next to Biden on a stage and giving him equal time before a national audience would have some legitimizing effect on a candidate who regularly makes incendiary remarks and continues to claim that the 2020 election was stolen.
he's already been president once, he is one of the few people in the country with a legitimate reason to be on that stage

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

i think she deleted it because people were making fun of her for sounding incoherent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

There's a shade of truth here, but at the end of the day, this is just capitalism. All these values were imposed on White European villages before they were exported.