Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Gripweed posted:

c'mon, MG G-Self. 2024 is the year, I can feel it!
Yes

Gaius Marius posted:

RE1/100 Reborns let's go
More Yes

And A barbie Lupus please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/gundampixel/status/1744215511054094410

They're still doing RE 1/100 sets? I thought Full Mechanics had taken over the 1/100 slot for Not-A-Master-Grade

What's the difference between the three different MGs and also RE1/100 or whatever?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nuebot posted:

What's the difference between the three different MGs and also RE1/100 or whatever?

MG 1/100 is the regular line of Master Grade kits.

MG Ver.Ka (aka Version Katoki) is specifically for Master Grade redesigns done by Hajime Katoki.

MG EX is a 1/100 line of extremely high detail kits. Think a scale of detail higher than Real Grades but scaled up to 1/100

MG SD is 1/100 scale Super Deformed kits for the more squished, chibi looking models.

RE 1/100 was meant to be a line of 1/100 scale kits that were like HG 1/144 kits in terms of detail. It never really took off and the last few releases were relegated to some more obscure suit designs.

Full Mechanics 1/100 is sort of a middle ground between an HG and a Master Grade in terms of detail.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
MG ver. Ka feature redesigns by Hajime Katoki and include water slide decals. MGEX are high-end kits that feature a unique gimmick for each one; LED strips for the Unicorn and metal and metallic parts for the Strike Freedom. RE/100s are like an inverse RG; basically a 1/100 HG of less popular mechs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Azubah posted:

I would gladly take a p bandai g self with the perfect backpack or whatever it was called. Even do the space colors for extra "THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT"

Regular retail G-Self with Atmospheric Pack, P-Bandai Space Pack, P-Bandai G-Self with Reflect Pack, P-Bandai RE/100 Assault Pack, I WILL BUY THEM ALL.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

RE1/100 Reborns let's go

I want to believe.

Also what the hell give me mg's of the s2 and movie CB suits as well while we're at it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
MGEX Calibarn with OLED strip permet powered by a Qi charger in the base.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

MGEX Calibarn that fries your brain as you build it.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

wdarkk posted:

MGEX Calibarn with OLED strip permet powered by a Qi charger in the base.

This would be incredible.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ibblebibble posted:

MGEX Calibarn that fries your brain as you build it.

MGEX Calibarn that comes packaged with a portable microwave emitter for added effect.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

MG Ver.Ka (aka Version Katoki) is specifically for Master Grade redesigns done by Hajime Katoki.

MG EX is a 1/100 line of extremely high detail kits. Think a scale of detail higher than Real Grades but scaled up to 1/100

MG SD is 1/100 scale Super Deformed kits for the more squished, chibi looking models.

RE 1/100 was meant to be a line of 1/100 scale kits that were like HG 1/144 kits in terms of detail. It never really took off and the last few releases were relegated to some more obscure suit designs.

Full Mechanics 1/100 is sort of a middle ground between an HG and a Master Grade in terms of detail.

RE 1/100 is for UC kits and Full Mechanics is for AU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

where's my RG Witch from Mercury kit, motherfuckers?

i know you have it in there. come on out. i just wanna talk.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Best I can do is a recolor exclusive of the RG Nu Gundam and whatever probably comes from the SEED Freedom kits.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Deviant posted:

where's my RG Witch from Mercury kit, motherfuckers?

i know you have it in there. come on out. i just wanna talk.

Barring remolds I'm not sure anything released past 00 has an RG.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I feel like a RG Barbatos has gotta be coming pretty soon.

Arc Hammer posted:

Best I can do is a recolor exclusive of the RG Nu Gundam and whatever probably comes from the SEED Freedom kits.

Unicorn

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
RG Acguy, please. Or MGSD Acguy.

Just... give me a new version of Acguy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
We get a sudden influx of Thunderbolt Season 2 releases to include the creepy AcGuy variant.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Mercy the HG Banshee Norn Destroy Mode sure does have a lot of parts

Doesn't help that the predominant color is dark blue rather than white so I had to be more careful about stress marks on like everything

Assume all the unicorn destroy modes are like this due to layering the opaque parts on top of the clear parts where normally it might be one or two opaque pieces in another kit

Got the kit on sale at a physical location on a whim and it looks nice assembled (no idea how I'm gonna clear-coat it without fogging up the clear parts though) but feels sorta parts-grenade-ey

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

The difference is they actually make new MG ver. Ka’s and MGEXs :smith:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I hope they put out a few new HG kits for G-Gundam this year again- Rose and Maxter are both sick releases even if they're trapped in the PBandai dungeon

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
MG/FM Zowort or Demi Trainer would make me very happy. It'll never happen of course, we'll get a Darilbalde first if we ever get anything non-Gundam from WfM in that scale, but a dream is a dream.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Kibner posted:

i has snek

Honestly considering jumping into the Berserk Fury or Sturm Tyrann after I’m done with the MG 00 XN Raiser

Now I’m curious how the Tyrann looks in snek mode

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If I look at the release schedule on GundamKitsCollection P-Bandai has ceased to be a dungeon and is now more of an open air prison or a zoo with big signs that say look but don't touch.

So many Doan's Island variants and the only mass release kits I've seen are the Origin Guncannon and a new GM that doesn't even come in the movie colours because that variant is another exclusive.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

If I look at the release schedule on GundamKitsCollection P-Bandai has ceased to be a dungeon and is now more of an open air prison or a zoo with big signs that say look but don't touch.

So many Doan's Island variants and the only mass release kits I've seen are the Origin Guncannon and a new GM that doesn't even come in the movie colours because that variant is another exclusive.

The GM comes in movie colors. Just not the same movie colors as the other GMs in the movie. The GMs in the opening have the same colors as the kit, while the orange ones are on the road to Morocco.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Of the gwitch suits, Dilanza and Demi trainers seem the most likely so they can easily color recast variants

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Demi Trainer has two P-Bandai variants, the Yoasobi Custom and the Demi Garrison, which is the only militarized grunt variant from the show that didnt get a general release.

Unless you count the Llfrith Mass Production Types from the prologue but I'm not sure they even got a kit at all.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Antoine Silvere posted:

The difference is they actually make new MG ver. Ka’s and MGEXs :smith:

No new non-ver ka MG since Virtue in 2021... it's getting dire, by November it will be 3 full years and they'd need to announce it in the next few months...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

Gotcha, so there is no real "wrong" choice if you get any of them if there's any kind of overlap?

Monkey Fracas posted:

I hope they put out a few new HG kits for G-Gundam this year again- Rose and Maxter are both sick releases even if they're trapped in the PBandai dungeon

I just want a new devil gundam

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

goddammit

there's no Glaug in 1/72 scale to go with the Regult. only 1/100 so it'll look comically small next to each other. :v Bandai wtf are you doing producing a mismatched mix of 1/100 and 1/72 macross kits

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Synthbuttrange posted:

goddammit

there's no Glaug in 1/72 scale to go with the Regult. only 1/100 so it'll look comically small next to each other. :v Bandai wtf are you doing producing a mismatched mix of 1/100 and 1/72 macross kits

There's a 1/72 Glaug that was made by ARII I think? Decades out-of-production at this point...

Sick-as-hell Regult!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What tables do you all have for this hobby? I'm getting some space back in my workroom so I'm thinking about a couple of big long tables so I can finally get a real permanent set-up and not just a camping folding table and stupid plastic spray-booth. Any decent brands out there that aren't just plywood?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I use my bed as a table

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/utespelare-gaming-desk-black-80507627/

Super sturdy, wider and deeper desk than most. I have my PC set up on it, plus room left over for an LED clip lamp, tools, markers, and model making. I keep the sprues on a small end table beside me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I use a 30 year old computer desk as my main table but it that ever finishes falling apart I will probably do what I did with my computer desk and just put together a table with a butcher block, stain it, and add some legs. Best desk I've ever had and cost about as much as buying a normal desk or table since I'm not near Ikea or anything.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i love my large adult son

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I bought a recast of the MG blue Duel resin conversion kit and it got delivered today. the recast quality is pretty good and it's got some nice decals, but there's no instructions. This is going to be fun trying to figure where everything goes :psyduck:.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deviant posted:

i love my large adult son
he looks gwumpy

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I haven’t built anything in a long while but I picked up a couple of cheap kits from Aliexpress and built one over the last couple of days, I’d forgotten how relaxing it is. I’ve still got a bunch of tiny stickers to do, bit of panel lining too, and I’m going to have to glue the v-fins because they just won’t stay in place.

It’s not a bad kit, similar to RG in that it has a skeleton build but nothing is as quality as Bandai (as expected), some flashing that had to be trimmed off but not too rough. The fit on most parts was ok but I did have to remove some extra plastic on a few bits to make them snap together. The listing I bought from is gone but it’s this store.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Rad, my Dunbine finally shipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Deviant posted:

Goddammit one of the 4 waist etch stickers on my RX-78 has gone missing.

quote:

BNTCA Support 5 (Bandai Namco Collectibles, DBA Bluefin) - Jan 10, 2024, 10:25 PST
Hello,
Your request has been approved and we have forwarded it to the manufacturer to fulfill.

:toot: