Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Same Old Sorry rear end Darnold!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Papercut posted:

They lost the Cleveland game because he missed a 41 yarder, what are you talking about. He also missed one in the 40-49yd range *indoors* against Minnesota. Missing 50+ yarders is whatever but missing 30-50 yarders is not fine.

The one he missed on Sunday was the first one he missed under 40 yards. Also his first PAT miss. That's what I'm talking about?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Justin Tucker is the greatest kicker of all time and he has three career misses inside 40 yards. out of 119 attempts and he missed six PATs out of 470 attempted. They all miss a few.

For a better comparison, Robbie Gould is 139/153 from 30-39 yards, and 620/636 on PATs.

Jake Moody has one career miss from 30-39 yards and one PAT miss. His overall 84% FG record compares to Gould's 86.5%. The sample size is too small to draw a good comparison yet but based on the whole season, Moody is OK. The only real concern is if he gets the yips after this weekend's misses, but he's got a bye week to work it off.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

The one he missed on Sunday was the first one he missed under 40 yards. Also his first PAT miss. That's what I'm talking about?

Using under 40 yards as a cut off makes no sense when you're talking about the quality of a kicker, especially when we're talking about him missing those kicks lol

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Papercut posted:

Using under 40 yards as a cut off makes no sense when you're talking about the quality of a kicker, especially when we're talking about him missing those kicks lol

My guy, all I was saying was he hadn't missed a PAT or a FG under 40. And also people are overreacting to a small sample size.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Yeah let's pump the brakes on worrying about Moody. That was his first missed field goal since October and his only missed XP all season.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Kicking really shouldn't factor in to SF's postseason very much. I don't foresee any close games occurring for them. They should stomp everyone they see and then either stomp or get stomped in the superbowl depending on whether the Ravens make it. There is a small chance that they end up in a close game with the Ravens I suppose.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ravens would not stomp in the super bowl. That game was a couple bounces away from being a niners win or a real close game.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

you can bet your rear end that shannahan is planning for a ravens rematch in the superbowl and will intensely prep for it if it happens. That's hardly a guarantee because the ravens may simply be the better team, but it's at least something to be hopeful about.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm sick of this ravens so great narrative. They didn't show it all year. I don't think they are even the best team in their conference and expect them to lose soon.

Either the browns or the bills will beat them. Maybe even the steelers, but not because they are better, just because it would be a stupid game. Even the chiefs I think would win.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's almost as bad as the rams so great narrative which is just ridiculous.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm sick of this ravens so great narrative. They didn't show it all year

I mean, I can think of at least one game I watched where they did

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The most funny story line is a Flacco-lead Browns team torching the niner secondary.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tweak posted:

I mean, I can think of at least one game I watched where they did

Yeah the Miami game was impressive. OTOH Miami has looked like rear end for a while.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Sorry the team with the best record didn't get a more mid narrative

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm sick of this ravens so great narrative. They didn't show it all year. I don't think they are even the best team in their conference and expect them to lose soon.

Nah, they're a good team that just came together a little while into the season. The annoying thing is the simultaneous "they're the best team in the NFL" and "they're such disrespected underdogs!" narratives that they have going, but that's hardly unique to them. Every dumbass team that's good but insists they're the *real* underdogs is annoying af, whether it's the Ravens, the Eagles, the Chiefs or the Seahawks.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

It's almost as bad as the rams so great narrative which is just ridiculous.

I literally haven't heard this narrative once this season.

Are you just mad that teams you don't like made the playoffs?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I literally haven't heard this narrative once this season.

Are you just mad that teams you don't like made the playoffs?

There's a LOT of "they've figured it out at just the right time, and no one wants to see them in the playoffs!" talk around the Rams from national media people.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Waltzing Along posted:

Either the browns or the bills will beat them. Maybe even the steelers, but not because they are better, just because it would be a stupid game. Even the chiefs I think would win.

this is so loving funny

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

There's a LOT of "they've figured it out at just the right time, and no one wants to see them in the playoffs!" talk around the Rams from national media people.

They’ve won 7 of their last 8, they’re the prototypical team peaking at the right time vs the Eagles or Dolphins who are just limping into the playoffs after strong starts. They have a proven QB and coach and are on a hot streak, that makes them a pretty dangerous team relatively.

Nobody is every going to say “they’re the team nobody wants to play” about a high seed with a great record because that patently obvious, it’s unspoken that it means “the team that isn’t obviously amazing based on their record that is playing well enough to spoil your season.”

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Waltzing Along posted:

The Ravens are legitimately the best team in the NFL. Elite defence and an MVP QB.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
God drat are the Michigans establishing the run. 16 rushes for 204 yards, halfway through the 2nd.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

michiganders

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waltzing Along posted:

God drat are the Michigans establishing the run. 16 rushes for 204 yards, halfway through the 2nd.

Unsurprising since Jim Harbaugh is One of Us.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

I approve of The Run.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

You're correct. I guess I was nitpicking at the "the rams so great narrative" comment.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

This game blows.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Harbaugh finally won the big one. Good for him.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

no not good for him!!!! :qq:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Waltzing Along posted:

:unsmith: him saying nobody after answering the question whose gotten it better than him.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Well that was a meltdown

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Shindragon posted:

:unsmith: him saying nobody after answering the question whose gotten it better than him.

That's a family tradition quote that him and John got from their father, Jack. It sounds like they're an awesome, close family.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

my dad recently had his shoulder replaced twice within about 6 months and he’s a real active yeller and arm raiser during UW games so I hope he didn’t ruin his poo poo again :dogstare:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

It's obvious the ravens are winning the SB. They can't have one Harbaugh win, then the other one lose. :tinfoil:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

holefoods posted:

my dad recently had his shoulder replaced twice within about 6 months and he’s a real active yeller and arm raiser during UW games so I hope he didn’t ruin his poo poo again :dogstare:

He should be fine. There wasn't much for UW fans to clap or raise their arms to. :(

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

oh no, he does this in anger

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

That's a family tradition quote that him and John got from their father, Jack. It sounds like they're an awesome, close family.

It also used to be a cheer at Niners games, I assume at his request

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Add all those asterisks!*

*I honestly give two shits about college ball and was just hoping the Dawgs would win because I know a lot of their fans and only one Mich fan. Anyways, I hope that one Mich fan enjoyed the win and I hope I don't have to hear too many complaints the rest of the week.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

yeah I’m mostly pissed off because this is now going to consume 30 minutes of our near pointless twice a week hour long meetings when we could just wrap it up instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That's the third time I've had to watch my team lose a championship game to a team of dirty cheaters. I'm loving sick of it.