Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loquacius posted:

some of those are accurate, like the protestant work ethic poo poo, and some of them are :psyduck:

"plan for future" is white culture????

the "christianity is the norm" one is funny bc i'm pretty sure black americans are significantly more religious/christian than white americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Can I ask you about your Eugenicist agenda instead?

you would think zionists would be against eugenics. weird.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

loquacius posted:

someone made a joke about how she was getting out calipers and measuring skulls, and she said something along the lines of "that's more of a thing among low-IQ people, but the fact that you went there says something about you. Do you also test for witches?" I'm paraphrasing a bit bc I didn't expect this tweet specifically to be the one to get deleted and so didn't screenshot

lol

Yeah, scientific racism is a dumb guy thing and not something pushed by some of the most intelligent racists of all time...

loquacius posted:

people in the replies to that reply are hammering on the bad grammar but tbh that's basically nothing compared to the logic

it has both "I can't be doing this thing, because stupid people do it and I am not stupid" and "the fact that you accused me of doing something is proof that you love doing it yourself all the time"

Agreed. If I didn't know better, I'd almost think the poor sentence structure was intentional to shift the focus

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Jan 8, 2024

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the "christianity is the norm" one is funny bc i'm pretty sure black americans are significantly more religious/christian than white americans

yeah but that does say white supremacy culture and not just white culture

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

PhilippAchtel posted:

"I can say CPT because my wife is black"

- Bill De Blasio

* Cautious Politician Time

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I dunno if the norm-enforcing stuff like the War On Christmas is being primarily perpetrated by black people

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SixteenShells posted:

he's already been president once, he is one of the few people in the country with a legitimate reason to be on that stage

Donald Trump is the most qualified candidate of all time

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

seeing this slide multiple times in DEI trainings over the years was maddening

thankfully it seems like this thing is on the way out

the characteristics of a general anxiety disorder

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

"I can say CPT because my wife is black"

- Bill De Blasio

It still boggles my mind that Hillary Clinton was part of the CP time joke

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Well, yeah, her husband was the first black president

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

FirstnameLastname posted:

the characteristics of a general anxiety disorder

Again, :capitalism:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

it was ironically an extremely incautious move

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Eugenics has been fully absorbed into the liberal mind

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:rip:

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/sta...ingawful.com%2F

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Nothus posted:

Libs getting really into race science was a joke, but drat lol

it's entirely predictable. if you're an individualist essentialist, then effectively each person's distinct nature is predetermined at birth (in a scientific way, totally not as a mindless regurgitation of calvinist predestination way). if liberals then notice that many important social conditions have some strong correlation to race, they are faced with a choice; reject essentialism, and start trying to figure out how conditions shape human existence and by extension come to the conclusion that racial inequality is due to racist society. this is highly unpleasant when one is a relative beneficiary of said society. or; conclude that the categorical differences in social conditions between races is due to categorical essential differences between the races themselves, and since we're not christian chuds, it must be a "scientific" cause i.e. inherited traits that cause those groups of individuals to fail to achieve success in said society. this is assuaging when one is a relative beneficiary of said society, and there is no greater good under liberalism then self-assuagement

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

You get what you deserve

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lib and let die posted:

Tired: they're lazy!

Wired: they're culturally on island time

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

worthless worm

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol he got shitcanned

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

biden is literally building the maga wall

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/DumbPTBarnum/status/1744273672884334762?s=20

... I feel seen

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

seeing this slide multiple times in DEI trainings over the years was maddening

thankfully it seems like this thing is on the way out

Whenever I see this poo poo at work, I'm always like -

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/an0nygir1/status/1744359055533994077?s=20

oh my god she admit it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

Is it too online of me to say that anyone who identifies their politics first and foremost as feminist in 2024 is probably a person like this

It feels like that's probably too online of a thing to say

feminism = good

white feminism = this

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the fact that the White Fragility book is by a white lady who talks in the book about how she had to be told not to touch her black coworkers' hair is so wild

why was that weirdo touching loving anyone's hair lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

The most commonly requested music for mri by my patients who are black is gospel. I think I can count on one hand the number of times in my career I've had white patients ask for Christian music.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
DEI stuff is frustrating because it's one of those things that's obviously specious but you're not allowed to point it out. (At my workplace, it mostly consisted of an innocuous fad for "land acknowledgements" that petered out after a few months.) There's not much point in getting worked up about it now, since it seems to have been a fad that's passing away.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Asproigerosis posted:

The most commonly requested music for mri by my patients who are black is gospel. I think I can count on one hand the number of times in my career I've had white patients ask for Christian music.

oh that’s just because white Christian music is fuckin dire

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

also the liberati is already shielding pop-pop from debating cheeto:

Pretty sure their biggest concern is not wanting tens of millions of voters see biden drool & stammer his way thru a debate.

the word "legitimizing" is funny here considering both these men have the same experience of being literally the president for four years (and being rapists)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

stumblebum posted:

it's entirely predictable. if you're an individualist essentialist, then effectively each person's distinct nature is predetermined at birth (in a scientific way, totally not as a mindless regurgitation of calvinist predestination way). if liberals then notice that many important social conditions have some strong correlation to race, they are faced with a choice; reject essentialism, and start trying to figure out how conditions shape human existence and by extension come to the conclusion that racial inequality is due to racist society. this is highly unpleasant when one is a relative beneficiary of said society. or; conclude that the categorical differences in social conditions between races is due to categorical essential differences between the races themselves, and since we're not christian chuds, it must be a "scientific" cause i.e. inherited traits that cause those groups of individuals to fail to achieve success in said society. this is assuaging when one is a relative beneficiary of said society, and there is no greater good under liberalism then self-assuagement

IQ is just an aptitude test for functioning in the managerial levels of a post industrial empire and it ignores skills and knowledge that don’t fit. It also ignores that people teach their young children the things that are useful in their current situation and so people might not be learning (but can later learn!) the skills that lead to higher scores on aptitude tests.

I feel like it’s inherently easily falsifiable just by talking to people that Haitians/palestinians whatever other nation scores low on iq tests aren’t dumber just by talking to them and then talking to people raised in the education system that promotes those skills who score equivalent scores. Just pointless

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

stumblebum posted:

Yeah exactly. If there’s different outcomes by race then either:

a) free market liberal political economy is perpetuating a racial caste system or
b) there’s something wrong with the victims

unfortunately b sounds extremely racist, which is bad. But, what if you could say b, but in the language of a? now you’re cooking. open up the PowerPoint. Do a thing about how indigenous people are inherently bad at working white collar jobs because they don’t know what time or science are, but say that that’s good actually, so you feel woke and not mega racist.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tactlessbastard posted:

oh that’s just because white Christian music is fuckin dire

bach rules

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

DEI stuff is frustrating because it's one of those things that's obviously specious but you're not allowed to point it out. (At my workplace, it mostly consisted of an innocuous fad for "land acknowledgements" that petered out after a few months.) There's not much point in getting worked up about it now, since it seems to have been a fad that's passing away.

I posted about this before, but diversity is obviously good. However, when I questioned a City Councilperson lecturing on DEI at my school, about why he keeps increasing budgets for the police that murder Black people, that is apparently bad.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Having to do annual DEI for decades as a health care worker has always been a treat.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

tristeham posted:

bach rules

protestants aren’t christian :agesilaus:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
DEI has always been white supremacist calm eugenicist poo poo.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

Having to do annual DEI for decades as a health care worker has always been a treat.

blacks "believe suffering and pain are inevitable"

lol crediting a racial category with the foundations of buddhism (and an undeniable fact) what is going on

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The anti-discrimination training I took uses "Irish-Americans are all drunks" as its key example of discrimination instead of anything you're actually likely to encounter in the workplace.
Bless Me Opioids, Ultima

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 20:07 on Jan 8, 2024

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

lol I don’t think the decision was yours dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

The anti-discrimination training I took uses "Irish-Americans are all drunks" as its key example of discrimination instead of anything you're actually likely to encounter in the workplace.

Bless Me Opioids, Ultima

we are