Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Lol at its ai-generated mockup of a boardgame

So many miniatures, cards, tokens, a shitton of dice, some random unidentifiable shapes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

HJE-Cobra posted:

So many miniatures, cards, tokens, a shitton of dice, some random unidentifiable shapes...

That's pretty accurate though!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'd like to see an AI design a boardgame, not at those prices but I'd like to see one.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

armorer posted:

The creator's website is https://nftskyway.com/, which has a whole bunch of stuff about gamified sustainable living on the landing page, and then is seemingly an NFT sales site if you go to the "explore" page.

It's been pointed out that if you go to the About Us section of the website, none of the social media links work, the pictures are stolen from stock art, and the names change each time you reload the page.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Skynet is here and the threat is greater than we could have ever imagined.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Kai Tave posted:

It's been pointed out that if you go to the About Us section of the website, none of the social media links work, the pictures are stolen from stock art, and the names change each time you reload the page.

What a coincidence that everyone participating happens to have the exact same @Twitter. Seems like it would be a big hassle for dozens of people to use the same log in but that's communism I guess.

EDIT:

lol fuckin come on

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Cyberpunk painted a much more interesting version of our dystopian future than the one we got.

Sage Genesis
Aug 14, 2014
OG Murderhobo

gschmidl posted:

e: what the hell is that video :psyboom:

No kidding. I've had fever dreams more coherent than that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Dahir Insaat enters the game industry

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Mods change my name to Alfredo Franci

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

That Old Tree posted:

What a coincidence that everyone participating happens to have the exact same @Twitter. Seems like it would be a big hassle for dozens of people to use the same log in but that's communism I guess.

EDIT:

lol fuckin come on

Also there are 6 people in the list, but two are repeated names :v:

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Every single screen name is the same too.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I got "rogelio fritsch" on the about us page, which is, like, just a little bit off from being a great npc name

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

my hardcovers of Brindlewood Bay and expansion Nephews in Peril arrived - https://www.brindlewoodbay.com/brindlewood-bay.html

cannot wait to try them.

also, my all-in Divinity Original Sin arrived. it's a beast.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Fate Accomplice posted:

also, my all-in Divinity Original Sin arrived. it's a beast.

drat, you weren't kidding! Mine arrived today. Only 3 years late!

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Shadowdark arrived. I backed in March and ordered one of everything.

The core book is really nice, hardback, and a thick cardstock for the GM screen.

PHB for scale

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Got the PDFs for the Batman TTRPG, and it seems pretty good? Doesn't stray too far mechanically from D&D which is nice. Skills and Abilities are handled by Ways that are bought with points.

Seems like it could be fun to sandbox with. You can make your own characters, but the included adventures encourage you to use the comic characters.

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
There are many things I expected in 2024.

Getting an email about fulfilling the stretch goals for MYTH: Journeyman was not one of them.

This was a game I backed nine years ago as my first mini heavy Kickstarter. I got the core boxes in 2017 but they ran into major funding problems for the stretch goals. They sold the rights to Ulisses-Spiel sometime in 2018, and we would maybe get an update every 18 months or so. I had written it off in 2020.

Now I get this, and I am starting to think anything is possible.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Doublehex posted:

Getting an email about fulfilling the stretch goals for MYTH: Journeyman was not one of them.

This was a game I backed nine years ago as my first mini heavy Kickstarter. I got the core boxes in 2017 but they ran into major funding problems for the stretch goals. They sold the rights to Ulisses-Spiel sometime in 2018, and we would maybe get an update every 18 months or so. I had written it off in 2020.

I was also very startled by this. Of course, I'm still dubious about the Megacon era of the game design - thinking based on a preview video some months back that the Ulisses version they talk about as an upcoming prospect will finally be the key to unlocking the potential of the game. But of course that's yet more money on a big ol' pile at this point....

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

malkav11 posted:

I was also very startled by this. Of course, I'm still dubious about the Megacon era of the game design - thinking based on a preview video some months back that the Ulisses version they talk about as an upcoming prospect will finally be the key to unlocking the potential of the game. But of course that's yet more money on a big ol' pile at this point....

Speaking for myself, I will probably try to sell all of the Stretch Goals and All-In Modules I have for 400 or so. It's been 9 years and I have found much better minis for D&D than Myth.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Funny you say that. I found and backed all these wonderful horror minis by a small company that had fulfilled like 3 KS prior to this and a fantasy one.

It's Blacklist games.

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

I mean I have a pretty decent track record for backing miniature Kickstarters. Myth and that viking game from Mythic Games are my only duds.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got my copy of Bloodstones, a game I crowdfunded a long time ago.

It looks neat.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Doublehex posted:

Sweet Mess eventually got distributed and I have it sitting on my shelf, there is hope

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What if a Feast for Odin were designed by

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/danverssengames/dvg-vikings

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Better let Morten Pedersen know they're using the term Automa for their AI opponent. I believe he holds the trademark.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

HidaO-Win posted:

Guildball was a fun game, Steamforged blew it up and blamed the players for making the game bad in a display of salting the earth I’m surprised didn’t make more waves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZLhaEsFOHs

Well look who's back! I'm sure this has nothing to do with being 4 million pounds in debt or anything. We'll see how successful they are at unburning those bridges.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

rydiafan posted:

Well look who's back! I'm sure this has nothing to do with being 4 million pounds in debt or anything. We'll see how successful they are at unburning those bridges.

...4 million pounds? :stare:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rydiafan posted:

The sum up of the 'apology' seems to be 'what we did was right but not the way we did it' which yikes. What's the deal with the debt?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09091884/filing-history

The PDF statement of accounts from March last year is the second link on the page. It shows the company owes 4.2 million pounds over the total value of the company. So something like 6ish million in the hole, with the value of the business being at 2ish.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think the pertinent question is why are they six million pounds in debt.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kwyndig posted:

That Bionic Man was a terrible investment in this economy.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Kwyndig posted:

Please say it is missed payments on licenses.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

A big part of it is crowdfunding money.

Deferred income in financial statements is like “we got paid but haven’t delivered the service or product yet”, so I assume it’s “we’ve taken the money from Kickstarter but not delivered yet.”

That’s my understanding anyway, I’m not an accountant.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
BACKDROPS 2: BACKDROPS BOOGALOO!

>> SIGN UP HERE <<

This launches on TUESDAY, that's Tuesday 30th January - very soon indeed!

I am REALLY chuffed to be working the fantastic artist Jon Hodgson on these again. They're by him aka Handiwork Games, but I'm on board to assist with various bits and bobs of the campaign. Second brains are always handy. I help!

For the dakkadakka thread of the previous campaign to see how that went, click here

The first two books will be RUINS AND TUNNELS - one sci fi, one fantasy, as well as the existing books in A3 size.

If the campaign goes as wild as the last one, Jon has been frantically painting on some examples of other books we can add as stretch goals, including WINTER and CLOUDS. And perhaps those in A3 too?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Is A3 bigger or smaller?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I backed the last one but was pretty disappointed that the backgrounds came in spiral binding, so you can’t really isolate an individual one to use. Seems like a really weird way to package something that is meant for use that way.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm confused, wouldn't spiral binding let you flip the opposite page back to isolate the specific image, or am I going crazy and you mean something different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sorry, I mean comb binding, so that doesn’t work as well, but I was hoping that they would be pieces I could take out individually rather than have the binding go through the artwork itself.