Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I don't understand why there's any smoke with Vrabel at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1744436425334870403?s=20

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Belichick being old and tired and not wanting to go anywhere resonates, but dude... Just retire. It's not going to get better in New England.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/OsiUmenyiora/status/1744367800381067421

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

:patriot:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Failson posted:

Belichick being old and tired and not wanting to go anywhere resonates, but dude... Just retire. It's not going to get better in New England.

If/when he gets fired he should give Howie Roseman a call.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

The greatest victory is knowing you got the guy in charge of the other team fired.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

bUt ViCtOrY fOrMaTiOn

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I miss Osi :(

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Scoring points is cool and good and teams should never stop doing it.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

a neat cape posted:

Because Vrabel's team is making the smoke. He is either stomping for more power and is using the smoke as leverage, or he actually wants out and wants to go to a different place (or, more likely, he's open to either). Literally none of the rumors are about the Titans not wanting him, all the rumors are him wanting out.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

wandler20 posted:

There's still a good chance Bowles gets canned if/when the Bucs lose to the Eagles.

It's funny that there's a real chance that either way, the loser of that game could be looking for a new HC come next week

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

a neat cape posted:

Bob Kraft doesn't want to learn anyone new unless they're a woman in Florida

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

wandler20 posted:

There's still a good chance Bowles gets canned if/when the Bucs lose to the Eagles.
Meanwhile I'm over here hoping that heads roll at the Eagles if/when they lose to the Bucs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Bucs looked pretty, uh, uninspiring on Sunday but I dunno if there's any team in the league the Eagles can't lose to right now.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The loser of that game fires their HC.

How often are coaches ever fired immediately after making the playoffs?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

CapnAndy posted:

Meanwhile I'm over here hoping that heads roll at the Eagles if/when they lose to the Bucs.

Never hire Matt Patricia.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Rapoport saying Dennis Allen is expected to be retained and that Harbaugh will almost certainly be coaching in the NFL next year.

MJeff posted:

The Bucs looked pretty, uh, uninspiring on Sunday but I dunno if there's any team in the league the Eagles can't lose to right now.

Baker is pretty banged up and you could tell he wasn't himself yesterday and he took a few more hard hits. Hurts also hosed up his middle finger so this might be a boring rear end game to watch.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I said it in the NFCE thread but everybody else has the good sense to stay out of there, so: Outside of a surprising playoff run (which won't happen), I don't know how Lurie and Roseman possibly sell bringing Sirianni and the coordinators back next season. If I'm Eagles leadership, some part of me is hoping the team shits the bed against the Bucs and makes the decision that much easier.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

Rapoport saying Dennis Allen is expected to be retained and that Harbaugh will almost certainly be coaching in the NFL next year.

Unsurprising, it feels like the Saints are just rudderless now and nobody wants to make any hard choices so they’re just going to keep doing the same thing until it completely implodes and forces hard choices to be made.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

MJeff posted:

The Bears

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Toaster Beef posted:

I said it in the NFCE thread but everybody else has the good sense to stay out of there, so: Outside of a surprising playoff run (which won't happen), I don't know how Lurie and Roseman possibly sell bringing Sirianni and the coordinators back next season. If I'm Eagles leadership, some part of me is hoping the team shits the bed against the Bucs and makes the decision that much easier.

Lmao wtf is this poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/1744452004078895559

He's the best coach in that building. Or was.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I saw this stat yesterday, the only time the Eagles have fired their HC under Lurie is in a season where they have a negative point differential.

The Eagles ending the season at +5 saved Sirianni's job. /s

But for real, he doesnt call the offense and is hands off on defense. He's basically a personality manager and locker room guy. The vibes right now are super toxic and it looks like his players have quit. If your one thing on the team is being the messaging guy and they aren't responding to the message, what else do you do here?

I do wonder if Roseman and Lurie have set up the team to just be a turnkey business to the next guy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Baker is pretty banged up and you could tell he wasn't himself yesterday and he took a few more hard hits. Hurts also hosed up his middle finger so this might be a boring rear end game to watch.

That locker room is going to be real interesting next year if they keep Allen lol. Players in open revolt, coach apologizing to hated rival for scoring on them. Great vibes

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

was

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1744455656017387991?s=46

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1744456549613871569
Would rather he be the Jets' coach than Saleh.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
See ya Wink, you did an ok job with what you were given but the tackling this season is some of the worst ive ever seen, holy poo poo.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gently caress this stupid rear end org. He apologized to the falcons for the players undermining him, why the gently caress would you keep that guy?? Fire loomis too

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose

The337th posted:

bUt ViCtOrY fOrMaTiOn

Regardless of what gormless Saints fans believe that kind of thing can set a bad precedent going forward.

All of that to get Williams a Make-A-Wish TD, wild.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Henron posted:

Regardless of what gormless Saints fans believe that kind of thing can set a bad precedent going forward.

Oh no….not bad precedent!!! Whatever will we do if there’s a bad precedent!!???

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What can the Saints even do? How long do they have to keep doing void year poo poo and other shenanigans with the same roster just to get under the cap? How far out are they from even being in a position where they can just blow it up?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rip stink fartindale

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Toaster Beef posted:

I still think it's not the worst thing if Sirianni stays but playoffs or no playoffs, Johnson, Desai, and Patricia should have lost their goddamn jobs today and all I can do is hope that they won't have them next week.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Henron posted:

Sincerely, shut up bitch.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Henron posted:

Literally everyone will have forgotten this happened by the start of next season. It'll only be brought up in the context of Dennis Allen's inevitable firing.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MJeff posted:

What can the Saints even do? How long do they have to keep doing void year poo poo and other shenanigans with the same roster just to get under the cap? How far out are they from even being in a position where they can just blow it up?

Without looking hard at the numbers I’d guess they’ve probably got a couple of years of just doing the bare minimum to stay under the cap while they let old guys go and bring in cheap replacements and don’t worry about competing. They *should* have done that when Payton left but for some reason they thought they could somehow compete with a worse coach and a revolving door at QB and just doubled down on spending more money.

Keeping Allen as the caretaker while they rectify the cap and roster would be fine, I just don’t think they’ll do that. As long as he’s there they’ll just keep layering on new contracts and making things harder for themselves in the future.

If they were willing to jettison Allen and bring in a good coach they could maybe do this with a rolling rebuild without tearing it down to the studs, like McVay is doing in LA, but what good coach is going to want to deal with being so constrained cap wise for their first few years?

Like I said, rudderless.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I guess what I'm worried about with the Saints is that the bottom will fall out record wise and they'll be in a position to draft a good QB but they won't be in a position to take advantage of it because they'll still be in cap limbo for X more years.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ghost Dog posted:

rip stink fartindale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MJeff posted:

I guess what I'm worried about with the Saints is that the bottom will fall out record wise and they'll be in a position to draft a good QB but they won't be in a position to take advantage of it because they'll still be in cap limbo for X more years.

Having a QB on a rookie QB would go a long ways in helping them out compared to paying Carr $35m/$45m/$55m over the next 3 years. They can cut him after next season and be sorta ok with it. Unfortunately, they're going to have to push his 2024 $30m game salary down the road in bonuses to clear space for next season so that hurts a bit more in the long run.