Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Good news! Nowhere to Hide is never coming back to resolve this conflict :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

These changes look... good? I'm cautiously optimistic.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah this update seems like, across the board fairly decent? I don't play Blight enough to know how or if those add-on changes will really hit him but Nurse continues laughing all the way to S-tier I guess. FOV slider is a long time coming.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Fellow NTH fans, Spies from the Shadows is low key a solid info perk!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm super excited about the Onryo changes. It's defintiely a bit of a nerf overall, but bringing her back to her former form where you try to herd people near TVs is actually really complementary to my play style with her. And keeping condemn stacks permanently if hooked? That's gonna be great and discourage slugging.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I'm excited to find out that somehow the blight changes buff him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

I'm excited to find out that somehow the blight changes buff him.

Iri tag is gonna be killer for people like LilithOmen who are really good with him, and the add ons seem like they're gonna be a lot more fun, but it really is a nerf across the board.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Wait does this mean that survivors can plot twist to take away your save the best for last stacks now

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Wait does this mean that survivors can plot twist to take away your save the best for last stacks now

Probably, but if you're going to waste your time Plot Twisting and then having someone to heal you up, eh, you just gave me a lot of time to get caught back up.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Blood Rush would do the same then too, yeah?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Blood Rush would do the same then too, yeah?

For the People too which is actually troublesome.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Fellow NTH fans, Spies from the Shadows is low key a solid info perk!

Not that much? If you have distance with the crow, the survivor can properly hide with you coming along. Now you just know the general area of where the survivor is and well... Between that and knowing exactly where Mister/Miss/Mix is, well one is better than the other.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
8 Regression Events: Pretty good limit. I'd rather the game end and somebody lose then the killer try to justify why they couldn't seal the deal with 3 pop kicks, 3 pain resonances and 2 surges/regular kicks instead of 9+. If their pressure can't survive 8 kicks per gen then the problem is with the killer.

Boost to Kick Regression: :discourse:

Death of Gen Tapping: :discourse: :discourse:

FoV options: Very rad.

Onryo: Seems rad. Feedback from Onryo players seems to have made it into these considerations vs the uh, Trickster "revamp."

Hillbilly: :eyepop: Is this bad boy about to leave the low tier retirement zone? Never thought I'd see the day. Now if they could touch up Myers at long last... !

Blight: Can't even be mad. Still one of the best killers in the game but having the strongest addons reined in.

STBFL: Enormous nerf. Oh well. We all knew they'd set their sights on it eventually.

Grim Embrace: Rad buff. Seems like a fun combo with Thrilling Tremors.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Not that much? If you have distance with the crow, the survivor can properly hide with you coming along. Now you just know the general area of where the survivor is and well... Between that and knowing exactly where Mister/Miss/Mix is, well one is better than the other.

Ah see at my MMR I haven't had that problem. I still think it's a solid info perk while NTH is kill switched. I've also found it even more helpful on indoor maps

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'll second Crows being more helpful than might be expected, especially since Distortion can't no-sell it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pyrolocutus posted:

I'll second Crows being more helpful than might be expected, especially since Distortion can't no-sell it.

But Calm Spirit can, and that's a pretty common perk right now with Ultimate Weapon.

I like Spies for what it is but it's a general info perk and not an aura perk.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

All they need to do now is figure out how to end showdowns between two survivors when there’s 2+ gens left

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Pants Donkey posted:

All they need to do now is figure out how to end showdowns between two survivors when there’s 2+ gens left

Instead of inactivity causing crows, being outside of a 15m radius from an undone gen does regardless of movement. The quickness of it increases and the radius decreases over time.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Comfortador posted:

Instead of inactivity causing crows, being outside of a 15m radius from an undone gen does regardless of movement. The quickness of it increases and the radius decreases over time.

And then you could hide behind a rock around a corner from a gen instead.

I've seen someone suggest before something along the lines of having the AFK crows start to kick in on everyone if the gens haven't seen any activity as an additional factor on top of movement. Rather than proximity, that more directly hits the incentive for "touch gens or die already", and would also have the secondary benefit of hitting the SWF groups who counter Corrupt Intervention by just hiding through the entire timer to completely negate the purpose of the perk.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I just like the nice simple "if a generator hasn't been completed in 3 minutes, all survivors auras are revealed for X seconds every Y seconds" with X getting higher and Y getting lower as time passes, with Distortion and lockers not working on it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Yeah, Deceive Inc has timers where you see the auras of everyone else and it works out pretty well for preventing people from stalling for too long.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Bring back old hatch math.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hard kick limit was what I was kinda hoping for, it coming with a buff to kicks is susprising and welcome. Billy stuff seems interesting but i recall it being kinda trivial to self overheat before (for use with gimmick overheated addon builds) by tapping m2 so I hope they going to stop that somehow. Ormond: just as big and decentralised for killers but we turned the deadzones into loops too is gonna suck lol.

STBFL isn't nerfed don't believe the pig mainer lies. The good killer users of this didn't mess around with m2 options they just ignored the obsession and it still allows you to mince through an unhook sequence. With Shadowborn now 'free' is there a reason for killers to not take the FOV buff? Feels like the chance of seeing a surv in your periphery is going to outweigh any disadvantage i can think of

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 9, 2024

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Some people get motion sickness, and while it usually applies to first person fov being too low, I’m sure someone has the reverse problem

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

You can get blinded easier too, but that's a small price to pay for increased FOV

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I never really cared to have a high fov in games tl begin with, I was always fine with the 90 degree standard but this game emphasizes peripheral vision SO MUCH I'll probably jack that poo poo all the way up and keep it there forever. I haven't run shadowborn since I did the wraith adept, though, so that'll take some getting used to.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Tiny Myers posted:

For what it's worth, kite fighting is an extremely popular thing in Brazil. Brazil also has a massive Japanese community - the largest Japanese community outside of Japan (1.5 million people), in fact - and anime/manga is extremely popular in Brazil, much like a lot of Latin America. I have an artist friend born and raised in Brazil and there's a huge indie artist scene. Like, the elements of her backstory are absolutely real things that exist and this was an attempt to create Brazilian characters grounded in authentic Brazilian culture from someone who put time into researching it, rather than Overwatch which was like, "what if we cast a guy who doesn't know a lick of Portuguese and hastily rewrite a character into a Brazilian backstory while giving him no cultural trappings of that and the most insanely common Brazilian last name possible"

I'm not saying the backstory isn't kind of incoherent in the sense that it ultimately reads like a rambling first draft that goes on way too long - the elements are there, but ultimately very disorganized and they don't flow well in a way that feels logical and natural. But it isn't like saying "oh, those world famous Florida bobsleds" or something totally random like people make the DARK MANGAS part out to be. Just because the average non-Brazilian isn't familiar with these aspects of Brazilian culture doesn't mean they aren't absolutely a thing.

People should make less of a big deal about the dark mangas and more of a big deal about what a huge loving goober Skerchant is that she's a rich bitch and what she decided to do with that was literally cosplay some grimdark anime bullshit and go around killing people in it. What a dork. Like the equivalent of some millionaire dressing up as Lucy from Elfen Lied then killing for fun because she thinks it's unironically badass. I wish they'd leaned into how unbelievably stupid and funny that is, it owns.

I know a tiny bit about Brazil, and the fact that they hid it behind some genuine representation is even shittier to me, it's, like you say, not the florida bobsled part that's the problem it's that it's babbys first google search on brazilian culture notes attached to repurposed native characters that makes the entire thing feel real slimy. Jetstream Sam vs Thalita and Renato, and the guy named Jetstream is the believable one. Thank you for giving me a platform to air out my skull merchant grievances i refuse to engage with that chapter as much as possible whether thru chars or perks.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Vanguard Warden posted:

And then you could hide behind a rock around a corner from a gen instead.

You're not wrong, I was looking for a way not to just change the state of the game.

Medullah posted:

I just like the nice simple "if a generator hasn't been completed in 3 minutes, all survivors auras are revealed for X seconds every Y seconds" with X getting higher and Y getting lower as time passes, with Distortion and lockers not working on it.

Yeah thats not bad. I'd sign off on that.

Blasmeister posted:

STBFL isn't nerfed don't believe the pig mainer lies. The good killer users of this didn't mess around with m2 options they just ignored the obsession.

Not so fast, my Nemmy, Pig, Demo gameplay may be changed because of this. We'll see.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 9, 2024

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Bleh

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Comfortador posted:

Not so fast, my Nemmy, Pig, Demo gameplay may be changed because of this. We'll see.

Finally Nemmy gets what he really needed. A new reason to get mad at zombies for actually hitting a survivor.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

rydiafan posted:

Huh?

Edit: Do you mean that even though the series is set in the 80s it doesn't count because it wasn't made in the 80s, or am I missing something?

It's set in the 80s but was made recently, right. I'm just pointing out that the 80s were big for slasher killers but we don't really have any survivor representation from that era. The closest is the Nightmare but it's from the bad remake and Stranger Things. Ash IS a survivor from the 80s but he falls into the same category as the killers from the 80s where he has no equivalent on the opposite side.

I really would like to have Behavior visit the older chapters and maybe add a map and another person to represent the different 80s era licenses.

Kirstie / Frank/ Julia maybe from Hellraiser and Leviathan realm map. Andy from Child's Play. Any of the characters from Texas Chainsaw. Robert Englund skin with Nancy.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

just realised that the wording on the stbfl nerf means that if the survivor in question is running that one nic cage perk to play dead, that they can completely nosell stbfl

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

tithin posted:

just realised that the wording on the stbfl nerf means that if the survivor in question is running that one nic cage perk to play dead, that they can completely nosell stbfl

Does this currently happen when person running plot twist is the obssession and the killer has dark devotion that they suddenly have a terror radius?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Yes, for the purposes of perks, Plot Twist counts as putting an injured survivor into the dying state (therefore losing a health state). Additionally, perks that allow a survivor to place themselves from healthy to injured on command will also trigger STBFL to lose 2 stacks: Blood Rush, and For the People.
I think that's a really niche interaction, though (especially since FTP makes you less likely to be the initial obsession, Plot Twist can only be used three times realistically, and nobody runs blood rush) and is acceptable collateral.

The argument can be made that there are killer powers that would allow for abuse of this interaction:
  • A survivor could intentionally step into Trapper beartraps and get healed by a friend to drain stacks.
  • A survivor could intentionally infect themselves and cleanse against Plague
  • A survivor could allow themselves to get hit by zombies against Nemesis
  • A survivor could allow crossmap birds to hit them against Artist
  • A survivor could allow guards to hit them against Knight

But in my opinion all of these are either insanely difficult to do, require a time investment worse than the fifth of a second that you deny the killer (2.7 seconds * 8% reduction in cooldown = .216 seconds per 2 stacks), or actively feed into the killer's playstyle.
  • Trapper requires you to know where his open traps are, and have a friend nearby for rescue.
  • Plague requires you to give her fountains over and over, the exact opposite thing you want to do against plague.
  • Nemesis requires you to be infected, a bad idea once he's at T3 or you're on death hook.
  • Artist requires you to intentionally gently caress up dodging and stand still
  • Knight requires ignoring the built-in bonus that disabligh a guard can give you, and can be hosed up by other survivors

ALL of these require either entering the dying state or being healed to do a second time, an interaction that is 16 seconds, or 7+ hits at full STBFL stacks.

Basically, this nerf puts STBFL in a similar state as it was in prior to the generalized killer action buff (8 stacks at 5% before = 1.8 second cooldown/8 stacks at 4% upcoming = 1.84 second cooldown) but without the ability for hybrid M1/M2 killers to use it for crazy chase pressure, unless survivors are willing to spend the whole loving game deleting stacks.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Survivor abuse of stacks is cute in theory but won't come up. What will come up is killers who can no longer use their powers to bypass stack loss choosing instead to ignore the obsession at all costs, including tunneling a non-obsession off the hook.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

rydiafan posted:

What will come up is killers who can no longer use their powers to bypass stack loss choosing instead to ignore the obsession at all costs, including tunneling a non-obsession off the hook.

Yep! This is hitting the nail on the head. Dbd's last main playstyle issue to tackle is tunneling, and I think they're moving in the right direction by making perks that encourage hooks spreading really strong (Friends Till The End, Grim Embrace on this PTB, Pain Res to an extent) but no perk is ever as strong as a 3v1. STBFL as-is encourages a 3V1 from the start, and all the number/stack tweaks in the world won't change that.

I think, myself, that they should add a "recently unhooked" status effect that makes some perks, addons, and powers ineffective, in addition to making the survivor immune to damage entirely (a la Mettle of Man, and not endurance), as well as provide the current haste benefits in addition to stealth. Basically: Basekit mettle, lucky break, and babysitter for 15 seconds, in addition to turning off things like tombstones and oni blood orbs (to name things at complete opposite sides of the bullshit spectrum)

If an unhooked survivor wants to disappear, let them. Require effort to tunnel. Make consecutive hooks within a time frame grant killer debuffs while chasing that survivor. STBFL feels like its being targeted for pickrate because of tunneling and these nerfs don't address the problem at all.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1744751802942099588

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1744751802942099588?s=20

New Survivor - Alan Wake
Dead by Daylight welcomes a new famous survivor into the fog - Alan Wake!

Perks
Champion of Light
While you are holding a flashlight, this perk activates. When you are shining a flashlight, you have 50% Haste. When you successfully blind the Killer, they also gain 20% Hindered for 6 seconds. This effect cannot stack with itself. Then, this perk goes on cool-down for 80/70/60 seconds.

Boon: Illumination
Press and hold the Ability button 1 near a Dull or Hex Totem to bless it and create a Boon Totem. Soft chimes ring out in a 24 meter range. Survivors inside your boon totem’s range see the aura of all chests and all generators in blue. If you have a lit boon totem, you cleanse or bless totems 6/8/10% faster. You can only bless one Totem at a time. All equipped boon perks are active on your Boon Totem.

Deadline
This perk activates when you are injured. Skill Checks appear 6/8/10% more frequently when repairing or healing and appear in random places. The penalty for missing skill checks is reduced by 50%.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Dead line is weird. I guess it potentially has synergy with hyper focus/stakeout. Otherwise you're just giving yourself madness and hoping you can hit more greats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Background Player + Champion of Light means you’re getting blinded by the loving Flash and then he’s completely gone by the time you recover.

What a terrible perk to put out before BGP is addressed.