Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Dingbat Family/The Family Upstairs(July 11, 1910)

Baron Bean(January 10, 1916)

Positive Polly/Polly and Her Pals(December 9, 1912)

Gasoline Alley(August 29, 1919)

Us Boys(August 9, 1911)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pancho Jueves posted:

Pluggers

Pluggers have not yet discovered stretchy pants.

You're a 5-year old if Homosassa makes you giggle

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

rannum posted:

So I guess the idea is get Cooper so mad at Grumbels he wants to leave

New levels of spite here

At that level of retail he’s courting a punch on the face or being stuffed in the bailer.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

:kimchi:

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

So I've been reading the thread for a while now, and there's still one question that hasn't been answered for me: what exactly are the pluggers plugging?

edit: actually, two questions, is it "On the Fast Rack" or "On the Fas Track" or does Holbrook just have an extremely tenuous grasp of the English language?

okay I have many questions but most of the rest are "what is wrong with this cartoonist's brain"

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They are plugging along

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MockingQuantum posted:

So I've been reading the thread for a while now, and there's still one question that hasn't been answered for me: what exactly are the pluggers plugging?

Away, I think.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Remora's address to the UN, apparently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0DWShK9a-o&t=46s

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

edit: actually, two questions, is it "On the Fast Rack" or "On the Fas Track" or does Holbrook just have an extremely tenuous grasp of the English language?

it's "fast rack", i think they're supposed to be a data storage company (so like, server racks or whatever?)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zereth posted:

Away, I think.
specifically, at their absolutely mundane lives.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

specifically, at their absolutely mundane lives.

Distressingly relatable.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/drawbrandondraw/status/1744475815264333887

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

someone awful. posted:

it's "fast rack", i think they're supposed to be a data storage company (so like, server racks or whatever?)

I never noticed the missing T

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

MockingQuantum posted:

I think it's just supposed to be a portmanteau of "fast track."

Pogo 2/14-16/52

Archie 3/17-19/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 11/7/76

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
It's a pun on fast track

Like in "Sally Forth"

It's just dumb because he's not that clever

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:byodood: KAAAALLLLLE

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Just eat the goddam muffin, Ed.

F Minus

:lol:

Mark Trail

I would just leave the bat alone.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

I hope this goes for a few days.

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Aparrtment 3-G

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Rene Belluso amnesia plot let's go

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

[my brain every single time I see S.E.C. in the context of this asinine gardening sport] Securities & Exchange Commission What The Hell?

I need to never see them using their tongues from this point on.

DO NOT FIND A loving ALIEN I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL DO SOMETHING INADVISABLE BUT CATHARTIC

Would Love To See The Jury Box On This

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Stevie Wonder plays the piano, Keith.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I AM GRANDO posted:

Stevie Wonder plays the piano, Keith.

He plays everything.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Hostile V posted:

DO NOT FIND A loving ALIEN I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL DO SOMETHING INADVISABLE BUT CATHARTIC
Worse: Safe Havens/Hellworld crossover :unsmigghh: (i'm joking but also kinda hoping it's that)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (January 11-13, 2004)

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

So, I guess the goon who predicted that Brad eating meat was supposed to be the twist was right all along. Keith really is just going to get what he wants, red flags be damned. :barf:

Hostile V posted:

[my brain every single time I see S.E.C. in the context of this asinine gardening sport] Securities & Exchange Commission What The Hell?

I need to never see them using their tongues from this point on.

"What did they THINK would happen?" Uh, that people like you would act like utter assholes out of spite???

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Worse: Safe Havens/Hellworld crossover :unsmigghh: (i'm joking but also kinda hoping it's that)

It's going to be those loving dodos, huh? Didn't those things completely overrun Mars like a loving infestation and now laying waste to the dangerous, cannibalistic ecosystem that DNA Wizard created?

Can't wait for Lindesfarne to kickstart the apocalypse.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

amigolupus posted:

Can't wait for Lindesfarne to kickstart the apocalypse.

A consummation devoutly to be wished

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Nah it's fine, stuff'll be back to status quo by Saturday's strip. No consequences. Nothing interesting.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDt-wNaeiWM

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Yeah, I'm still curious enough to see where Mousetrapped goes, so here we are again.

Julius was the cat in Disney's Alice Comedies, Walt's breakout series. If you're not familiar, the gimmick was combining the live-action Alice with a fully animated everything else. Alice was nominally the star, but in the middle of 1920s Felix-mania, Julius ran off with the show every chance he got. Which brings us back to this...

"The Winkler Street Orphans" is a reference to Margaret Winkler, the first female film distributor in the United States and the distributor of the Alice Comedies. Winkler and Disney had a solid working relationship--in fact, she was the one who suggested that Alice team "use a cat wherever possible and don’t be afraid to let him do ridiculous things"-- but then she married Charles Mintz, who took over the company and named it after himself. Mintz demanded more product on lower budgets, and when they brought Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to Universal, it was a little over a year before Mintz set up his own animation studio and signed all of Disney's animators up for it except Ub Iwerks, who knew what kind of underbellied scheme was in progress. And as legend goes, on the train trip back from the meeting where he walked away from all of the Mintz nonsense, Walt Disney started thinking about cartoon mice.

A lot of :words: (and that's the intensely boiled-down version), but if you learn nothing else from this, always remember that Mickey was Walt's rebound guy.

Anyway, moving on to Our Boarding House (February 9-11, 1925)

Out Our Way: Wes Begins (February 10, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (April 24-26, 1922)

IN THE VACANT LOT BASE BALL LEAGUE: The game between the "Little-Potatoes-Hard-to-Peel" ball team and the Junior Giants was enlivened by a scrap between two spectators just like a regular big league game.

THE TOONERVILLE TROLLEY THAT MEETS ALL THE TRAINS: The boys up to the depot just about laughted themselves sick when that stranger came up to the Trolley Skipper and asked; "DOES SHE EVER JUMP THE TRACK?"

PATHETIC FIGURES: The fat man who gave the youngster 50¢ to show him the neew best place to fish.

Dok's Dippy Horse Trader (January 27, 1915)

Little Lefty (September 25-27, 1939)

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Selachian posted:

I think it's just supposed to be a portmanteau of "fast track."

Oh I assumed as much, I just wanted to take the opportunity to imply/assume that Holbrook might just be inept

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Just eat the goddam muffin, Ed.

I assure you, Ed, it will have at least as much sugar and fat as any other muffin, if not more.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Basically the opposite advice that any bat or wildlife expert gives on what to do if you find a sick bat. Cool educational strip, Jules!

Luann

Ah, I see. The week of Bernice being an rear end in a top hat was so that when Gunther inevitably returned to stink up the place again the emotion we'd feel was relief.

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

It's fine to go into a cave and gently pick a bat off the wall as long as you have gloves.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tired: touch grass
wired: touch bats

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Hwurmp posted:

tired: touch grass
wired: touch bats
Inspired: touch bugs.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

loving hell, that news about Wallace the Brave.

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hostile V posted:

Inspired: touch bugs.
Hwurmp already said 'touch bats' though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

hug bugs
pat bats

keep far away from the ducks you sick freaks