Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ullerrm posted:

you know beef has them spreadsheets for T2 production

always low key complaining about trit and iso prices

Better than creating a whole fleet reimbursement system for an alliance. I'm so glad I won 13 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Better than creating a whole fleet reimbursement system for an alliance. I'm so glad I won 13 years ago.

As someone who currently runs a reimbursement system for an alliance, please loving kill me I yearn for the sweet release of death

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That dude freaking out over the mint expired tax forms going,"I'm gonna get it right this time, man" tells a whole, weird, and very hosed up story all on its own.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

That dude freaking out over the mint expired tax forms going,"I'm gonna get it right this time, man" tells a whole, weird, and very hosed up story all on its own.

I think Achewood’s biggest strength isn’t its distinctive voice as much as the way Onstad was able to create stories like that so easily. There’s so many times where one or two sentences is a novel.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

What IS a commodore?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_of_Purpose-Driven_Commodores

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Achewood is a lot of things, but I think it might also have the record for Most Funniest Redirects on Wikipedia

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I wonder if there's a way to get a more comprehensive list than this

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&titles=achewood&prop=redirects&format=jsonfm

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Safety Dance posted:

Achewood Thread 12: Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
also would be a sick thread gang tag

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Zefiel posted:

What IS a commodore?

I'm prepared to educate you that the affected regions are distinct from cardio-pulmonary.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Scags McDouglas posted:

I'm prepared to educate you that the affected regions are distinct from cardio-pulmonary.

GOOD TIMES

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

There's no way that's even remotely comprehensive, it doesn't even have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray%27s_urine

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Remembered this one today and lmao

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pattonesque posted:

Remembered this one today and lmao

Quite possibly the worst men's discount apology e-service on the market today.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

The little touches that really speak to their personalities, like the doormat that just says "Hi" with no punctuation and Ray signing his apology letter RAY!, are some of my favorite things about Achewood.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

You just know THAT PLACE BY THE INTERSECTION THAT I CALL EL GLOPPO has the best tortas in human history

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You want your tortas to be from an all-metal corner stall, all stainless and with a hand-painted torta on the back, cook all making the milanesa by laying steak on a pile of breadcrumbs and rolling an empty caguama on it

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Zefiel posted:

You want your tortas to be from an all-metal corner stall, all stainless and with a hand-painted torta on the back, cook all making the milanesa by laying steak on a pile of breadcrumbs and rolling an empty caguama on it

I only know half these words but it sounds great

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Pershing posted:

I only know half these words but it sounds great

I called that one service Ray used to find the exact photo of Steely Dan he needed, and they provided me with the exact video I described in my post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYSevIBi9dU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Zefiel posted:

I called that one service Ray used to find the exact photo of Steely Dan he needed, and they provided me with the exact video I described in my post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYSevIBi9dU

Hispanic weiner schnitzel...I'll be damned

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
There's actually a sizable amount of people of German descent in Mexico so not surprising

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

drrockso20 posted:

There's actually a sizable amount of people of German descent in Mexico so not surprising

The Mexican beer industry was kick-started by German immigrants as well.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

would it be morally acceptable to adopt a shy little cat and name him roast beef

because I am considering it

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not

Kazinsal posted:

would it be morally acceptable to adopt a shy little cat and name him roast beef

Just keep him away from electrical outlets

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Kazinsal posted:

This is my Roast Beef. He comes from Circumstances.

He started hanging around my wife in our garden a few years ago, thin enough to be transparent and rather obviously (and impressively) a fully intact male. No collar, no chip. We decided to do the right thing and get him neutered and release him. So, one day in July I grabbed a heavy winter jacket, my grinding face shield, welding apron, and leather gloves and a carrier and picked him up, whereupon he flopped in my arms and started purring.

Go for it.

DkHelmet fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 12, 2024

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

He loves the little cat Roast Beef

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DkHelmet posted:

He started hanging around my wife in our garden a few years ago, thin enough to be transparent and rather obviously (and impressively) a fully intact male.

He wasn't clipped, so he looked like a grey watermelon with nuts. Did the chick cats want him? Yeah, they wanted him. But he had wine to taste. Expensive-rear end wine from the Asian steppes.

He paused, and turned to look at his nuts in the mirror. "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout" he said.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I named my first cat Molly. A plausibly deniable webcomic name.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Kazinsal posted:

I just said goodbye to my Roast Beef after ten years
He had depression

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Onstad dragging this out for another week, he is the devil, he is the worst

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

I named my first cat Molly. A plausibly deniable webcomic name.

I hope Molly has never experienced:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Deathlove posted:

Onstad dragging this out for another week, he is the devil, he is the worst

Well, we all knew this was going to fall apart. Tina overinflated the value of her business, Teodor is self-defeating as always.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Poasting on an Internet forum in 2024 to say im feeling just a little called out here over the "lol, a website?" dig

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Someone in the thread a while ago brought up how Teodor used to scam Ray and I thought that was kind of harsh for what I vaguely remembered it being. But I've been re-reading the blogs and it's just indefensibly scummy: Teodor straight up bilks his bro out of his money. Now Ray is rich enough to probably not care or even notice, but I think it says a lot about Teodor that he feels the need to get one over on his friend because he sees an opening.

Anyway, I am mad at the teddy bear and I hope he gets his comeuppance in this arc!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

moot the hopple posted:

Someone in the thread a while ago brought up how Teodor used to scam Ray and I thought that was kind of harsh for what I vaguely remembered it being. But I've been re-reading the blogs and it's just indefensibly scummy: Teodor straight up bilks his bro out of his money. Now Ray is rich enough to probably not care or even notice, but I think it says a lot about Teodor that he feels the need to get one over on his friend because he sees an opening.

Anyway, I am mad at the teddy bear and I hope he gets his comeuppance in this arc!
Teodor has to scam what he could probably get for nothing, and that does not say good things about Mr. Orezcu here.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Teodor is a knob. There are more overtly evil characters like Nice Pete and The Mexican Health Crisis but Teodor is bad in a banality of evil kind of way

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
teodor is the guy who sucks (although the depression he got does not manifest in a manner such as t shirts)

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
He does seem to be the one who takes care of Philippe the most so he's not all bad, but he will never be in a band/Tina's creative director

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
teodor's usually a decent enough guy who utterly implodes every time he sees a chance to rise above mediocrity. almost existentially incapable of self-improvement