Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

mr. villain's day off is about a hot guy doing mundane things.

if you wanted that, follow me around with a camera. wham bam thank you ma'am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
honestly was surprised that didn't get an anime right after monster musume did.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They only recently found enough animators willing to draw thicc elves.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Sign of Affection was great, can't wait for the next one. It's so cosy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Seems kind of odd to keep palming the head of someone you just met but I guess she's into it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Head pats by chads is an OP move

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ill post in Doodles stead: Awwww hellll yeaaaaaaaa

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

My one-episode opinion of Sign of Affection is that it will be exactly as good as Yamada lv 999 and whether that’s good or bad is up to you.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
No offense meant to fans of the comic, but does it ever stop being the same handful of jokes about misadventures in elf weight control?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

OnimaruXLR posted:

No offense meant to fans of the comic, but does it ever stop being the same handful of jokes about misadventures in elf weight control?

They introduce other characters with their own unique body issues but the main thrust is still about exercise and portion control.

They also add some horny for MC guy jokes with some of the characters.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
gently caress that poo poo. Horny for MC guy? I'm only gonna read about fat rear end elves if they're all gay.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

OnimaruXLR posted:

Its a cheesecake show about girls bending over and thier pants splitting and then they go "Kyaaa I better eat cognac noodles instead of potatoes" and the gimmick is theyre all mythical creatures with (Apu Voice) Gigantic Asses

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

gonna check out "Mr.Villains Day Off"

I see how the jokes are, but its gonna have a high ceiling, if its not half as good as 100 GF humor, its a drop.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hell yeah.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i don't think you can go any higher for eating/exercise anime than "How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GateOfD posted:

i don't think you can go any higher for eating/exercise anime than "How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift"

It’s basically the same kind of format except more focused on the dieting part and with fantasy races

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

GateOfD posted:

We need another season of that one

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

GateOfD posted:

gonna check out "Mr.Villains Day Off"

I see how the jokes are, but its gonna have a high ceiling, if its not half as good as 100 GF humor, its a drop.

It's not bad, but fairly dry. Think "Love After World Domination" minus the romance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

its also horny art of chubby elves. personally, i support the artist who is horny for fat ladies, but i will not be watching

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Seems kind of odd to keep palming the head of someone you just met but I guess she's into it

Seemed weird to me as well, but I guess as long as she doesn't mind. Also seemed to be progressing way too quickly but maybe that's just my expectations set by the glacial pace of a lot of anime/manga romances lol

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
tis time for torture actually looked pretty good. lots of fun animation

https://i.imgur.com/h1VLRjh.mp4

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! Quick! Edit your quote or the other one might happen!

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
In other developments, I've decided to drop a couple of shows:

Pon no Michi didn't interest me after the first episode, but if you like cute girls doing things cutely, and are willing to wade through the rules of Mah Jong, you might like it.

Mr. Villain's Day Off was repeating the same gags in the first episode, and Miss Kuroitsu from The Monster Development Department did it far better.

In turn, I'm going to pick up The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic after trying the first episode on the recommendation of a few folks I trust and finding it to be a good start. All three of my holdovers from last season continue to be excellent, whoever said Fluffy Paradise's protag isn't OP really needs to roll that back, and I'm sticking with Sasaki & Peeps, but right now if feels like multiple personality syndrome with all the different plotlines going on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hokkaido Gals is exactly what you'd expect, going from the OP it might end up being more haremy than I'd like though.

E: there sure are two shows about a dude being a slave this season. Which is not that many but it's weird it happened twice.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 8, 2024

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Hokkaido Gals is exactly what you'd expect, going from the OP it might end up being more haremy than I'd like though.

it's kind of a frustrating manga but it's course corrected recently, hopefully for good

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Big Leg posted:

tis time for torture actually looked pretty good. lots of fun animation

https://i.imgur.com/h1VLRjh.mp4

yeah i was pleasantly surprised by the animation, i only know Pine Jam for Do It Yourself!!, which wasn't badly animated aside from the attempts at CGI but it was definitely a whole different ballgame here and they executed it pretty well. some good gags, i really liked how cute the art style for the ED was, as long as they vary up the formula enough i think i'll be sticking with it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

also as an aside the misnomer title also got me flamed into starting HxH which absolutely rules so far so thank you, Pine Jam

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

yeah first ep of torture was good but how i feel about it really depends on where they go outside of the bit, if anywhere

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Thirding that. Fun episode but it runs the risk of the joke wearing out fast if they aren't creative with it.

Entertaining in a shitpost kinda way, so worth a look. I did like the scribbles art in the ED.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 8, 2024

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fluffy paradise features the most OP three year old I've ever seen in anime, and she basically still has the mind of a child aside from the occasional moment of clarity when she realizes just how over her head she's in. No real adult would be this obsessed with petting animals, she has no fear. She's also not taking her job as arbiter of mankind very seriously, it's almost like the author continually forgets this is an isekai story and their editor is reminding them.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Southern Cassowary posted:

yeah first ep of torture was good but how i feel about it really depends on where they go outside of the bit, if anywhere

Ive got people telling me Torture is still good as a manga 150 chapters later so I guess they managed to keep it going. I never read it for the same apprehension you have though

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

made a thread for Metallic Rouge btw, & added to the OP

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051393

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Meme Emulator posted:

Ive got people telling me Torture is still good as a manga 150 chapters later so I guess they managed to keep it going. I never read it for the same apprehension you have though

Yeah, they find a lot of ways to switch up the bit. It's maybe starting to flag a little bit in chapter (checks notes) 215, but there's easily enough gas in the tank to zip through one cour.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's hard to stop reading TTFTP because almost every chapter is exactly 11 pages. It's so bite-sized it never feels like a bit overstays its welcome.

Also, Hell Lord is the best.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 8, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Kwyndig posted:

Fluffy paradise features the most OP three year old I've ever seen in anime, and she basically still has the mind of a child aside from the occasional moment of clarity when she realizes just how over her head she's in. No real adult would be this obsessed with petting animals, she has no fear. She's also not taking her job as arbiter of mankind very seriously, it's almost like the author continually forgets this is an isekai story and their editor is reminding them.

But petting giant fluffy dogs!
The god kind of just pushed the job onto her anyway

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

It's hard to stop reading TTFTP because almost every chapter is exactly 11 pages. It's so bite-sized it never feels like a bit overstays its welcome.

Also, Hell Lord is the best.

He's a good dad.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 9, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I think ‘Time for Torture’ manga is really boring now that she’s all in on it. But the anime probably won’t get there so it just live on with the good chapters

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Time for Torture has exactly one joke and it runs it into the ground. That said this premiere was weirdly amazingly well animated and acted, so I'll watch it until I get bored with its shtick.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Time for Torture has exactly one joke and it runs it into the ground. That said this premiere was weirdly amazingly well animated and acted, so I'll watch it until I get bored with its shtick.

It does mix it up a little (but obviously not enough) with side tangents in the lives of the other demons, but yeah, the majority of the series is built around this one thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

GateOfD posted:

you don't know how badly I wanted this to be more of a battle anime than what we got