Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

turn off the TV posted:

I've seen weird spawning behavior in other missions on the new tileset. Usually my Effervo runs end with around 500-600 kills spread across the party, but I had one earlier today where I'm not sure if we even broke 150. Almost nothing spawned for the entire duration of the mission.
Was it a switch host? I've seen some struggling hosts starve spawns significantly, to the point where survivals become actually incredibly easy to fail and some missions (like exterm or defense) take much much longer.

Doesn't seem to correlate to any tile or tileset, but of course doing reliable testing of it is tricky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I had two netracells fail before we could even start when I was the host. It wouldn't let us hack the computer to start

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gnoma posted:

Something is definitely busted with the spawns in multiplayer. Even with teammates who bring useful stuff, I see it regularly take 3+ minutes longer to get the same number of kills compared to playing solo.

I've seen this, but it's not consistent. About 50/50 on weird low spawns. Solo always works and I usually can't find players anyway so meh.

Another consistent thing is that I just take every curse out of habit because people outright refuse to take them. On my first netracell run I thought two people were afk but it turned out they were just sitting there for a minute waiting for someone else to take enough to start the mission. I just attribute that to pubstove.txt but drat people we're going to spend more time waiting for spawns to get in the circle than we are trying to kill them so maybe don't worry about losing a tiny amount of health or whatever.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I definitely see people waiting for someone else to take the 'energy drain per nearby enemy' curse in netracells. Fair enough, if you're on the lower end of energy income and just have a r2 energize and no primed flow or something like that, but I have no way of judging that in game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Captainicus posted:

I definitely see people waiting for someone else to take the 'energy drain per nearby enemy' curse in netracells. Fair enough, if you're on the lower end of energy income and just have a r2 energize and no primed flow or something like that, but I have no way of judging that in game.

I guess that's a perk of being a tryhard, I just take all 4 and run Wisp. If you have good energy support (Archon Stretch + Nourish) and the health regen up, the only once that's even kinda noticable is the eximus one.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I take all 4 on a status-immune Octavia.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Was it a switch host? I've seen some struggling hosts starve spawns significantly, to the point where survivals become actually incredibly easy to fail and some missions (like exterm or defense) take much much longer.

Doesn't seem to correlate to any tile or tileset, but of course doing reliable testing of it is tricky.

How do you know what console someone is on? I just see the crossplay icon.

Captainicus posted:

The real pro way of dealing with the energy loss one is to just be Titania. Also works pretty well for the one that makes you take damage by walking.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

turn off the TV posted:

The real pro way of dealing with the energy loss one is to just be Titania. Also works pretty well for the one that makes you take damage by walking.

I thought Titania would be useful too, since I could speed along the drone pixel hunting without having to involve the Steves of the world playing a slow corridor shooter. That part worked, but overall the pubstove runs were way faster with Pillage Citrine stripping everything and making people invulnerable.

turn off the TV posted:

How do you know what console someone is on? I just see the crossplay icon.

You'd have to ask or be playing with someone you knew was using a switch. In early crossplay there were platform-specific ones but now you just see your platform or the crossplay symbol. I'm sure there were some compliance situations to deal with across different platforms, but also it's a good idea to not broadcast that stuff because PC players are awful.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Shoehead posted:

I literally havent played since closed Beta, what in the hell is all of this? Why is the DJ from the Warriors here??

So you'll come out to playiay at least once a week.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Will arcane prices go back up or will they likely stabilize/decline further after the event? I know we don't have a crystal ball to know what de will do.

Trying to decide if I should pick up a few now or just chill. I'm going to farm the easily farmable ones but a few of the eidolon/railjack arcanes are at an okay price.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Probably depends on the Arcane. I imagine the non-meta ones will go up in price because people are going to be dissolving them so supply will drop

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Higher demand eidolon arcanes like grace, fury, and avenger have already recovered to their pre-event prices. Low end eidolon arcanes have doubled or tripled in price due to Vosfor turn-ins drastically lowering their supply. Arcanes from other sources have increased as well, but by lower amounts. If the meta continues to be players dumping all Vosfor into eidolon packs it's hard to imagine arcanes from other sources getting any cheaper.

As for Enegerize, who knows. When it's scarce, its heavily manipulated by market PvPers. If there's not another event shop next winter it could spike back to 2k easily.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I really like all the new mods and arcanes they’ve added recently. I’ve been able to put together a fun caster frost.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Khorne posted:

Will arcane prices go back up or will they likely stabilize/decline further after the event? I know we don't have a crystal ball to know what de will do.

Trying to decide if I should pick up a few now or just chill. I'm going to farm the easily farmable ones but a few of the eidolon/railjack arcanes are at an okay price.

Energize has stabilized pretty hard in the mid 40's, not even the event changed this by much.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also, those mods are 100% useless. it's great.

Just as an FYI shock collar on viral quills(panzer) triggers energy regen from archon stretch. It has its uses! (the ability keys off elemental mods; and its an ability)

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Nalesh posted:

Energize has stabilized pretty hard in the mid 40's, not even the event changed this by much.

It was going for 90-100 pre-event, so that certainly had an impact.

Here, after wondering if it was worth it, I decided to go all-in and max most of those arcanes with a mix of splinter-grind/plat-spend. Now I'm just stocking up on extra Energize to recover some of the funds. If it shoots up again, I'll have made a profit. And if it doesn't, even at 40p a pop I'll still recover a fair bit of the ~800p I ended up splashing on all those 5-15p arcanes, so whatever...

It's cool to have all those extra toys now, as niche as some may be. Glad I asked for advice here too, as I otherwise would have slept on Arachne.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

FishMcCool posted:

It was going for 90-100 pre-event, so that certainly had an impact.

Not really, last it was around there was pre whispers in the walls where as soon as that released it fell off a cliff within a single day to 45-50

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Nalesh posted:

Not really, last it was around there was pre whispers in the walls where as soon as that released it fell off a cliff within a single day to 45-50

Yeah you're right indeed, it started crashing on the 11th of December from the looks of it. Were patch/event and rewards announced/leaked? At any rate, the arcane packs will have done a hell of a job considering all the unused SP arcanes that were in circulation.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Isn't that when energize getting executed by cross play memes started happening?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Nah pc prices wouldn't get nuked by crossplay too much, largest playerbase and iirc some of the consoles can't even do 6x3 runs.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

What actually happened is that Whispers introduced the ability to melt extra arcanes and gave legendaries favorable weighting in the packs you can buy, which drove the price of Energize down significantly.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Arcanes rise + fractalized reset sure are cool on the tenet plasmor or exergis.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I don't think I quite get why Aegis is better than Barrier. I only use Barrier on Hildryn, so maybe that's why? I also haven't pivoted to the shield-gate meta, I still like EHP and/or Adaptation.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Barrier has a cooldown while Aegis doesn't. Weirdly Barrier's cooldown goes lower the lower rank it is, so it goes from 1% full restore on 1s cooldown to 6% with 6s.

Aegis can also fire whenever you take shield damage, so you can bypass recharge delay and essentially recharge your shields before you're supposed to. It also stacks with existing shield recharge rate, too. Given a lot of incoming damage tends to be in frequent hits, the activation rate is more generous than it appears.

Estel
May 4, 2010
Barrier is good on Hyldrin.

Aegis is considered superior because it procs more consistently and Barrier only restores shield so if you continue receiving damage the shield just disappears. Aegis gives shield regeneration so even if you keep receiving damage the shield keeps regenerating so it's like shieldgating. This means Aegis even at R0 gives 12+ seconds of invincibility when it procs and you can only die to toxin damage.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
If you've got 4000 shields on Hildryn:

Barrier can give you 4k shields once every 6 seconds, resetting your shieldgate once.

Aegis can give you 1200 shields per second every second for 12 seconds, which is 14,400 shields with no cooldown, resetting your shieldgate potentially 12 times

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah, the real Hildryn combo is Aegis plus Molt Augmented. Barrier is kind of a trap (it's not really bad, just not as good as it looks on first glance).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Makes sense, I'll have to pick up an Aegis. Wish I would have picked up an R5 while they were cheap. Thanks for the explanation!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

One nice thing about Aegis is that it's just as effective at keeping you alive unranked as it is at max rank.

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
1.2milion something kuva and 360 rolls later, it is finally done:

(includes the 200 on the second one :ohdear:)

Now I'm actually having a problem where guys are dying so fast to the status I can't get the final hit in to trigger Primary Deadhead or Galvanized Scope :O (If they don't die to the first hit at least)

Faxanadus fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 9, 2024

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I thought the 70 rolls I put into my Felarx riven fishing for -CritC was a lot, jeez.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Faxanadus posted:

Now I'm actually having a problem where guys are dying so fast to the status I can't get the final hit in to trigger Primary Deadhead or Galvanized Scope :O (If they don't die to the first hit at least)

Yep, if you're utilizing procs as a major source of damage then the "on headshot kill" condition starts getting real bad. If you can kill things before the first tick then the proc and conditionals do mostly nothing. If it takes longer than one second then you're probably not getting a headshot kill because the damage tics will land the final hit.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Merciless isn't proc'd by status kills either, is it?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Dexterity wins again.

Zombeef
Feb 15, 2014

free hubcaps posted:

Merciless isn't proc'd by status kills either, is it?

It is

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The headshot kill conditional requires the actual source of damage that puts an enemy at 0 to originate from an attack landing on a head or whatever equivalent. As far as the game is concerned a slash tic that was proc'd by your gun is your gun's damage and will count as its kill so that satisfies merciless's condition.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I was in the mood for a fast firing secondary so I built out some Kuva Twin Stubbas using Secondary Encumber and it kinda rules just dumping 70 statuses on someone in like 2 seconds

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

turn off the TV posted:

The headshot kill conditional requires the actual source of damage that puts an enemy at 0 to originate from an attack landing on a head or whatever equivalent. As far as the game is concerned a slash tic that was proc'd by your gun is your gun's damage and will count as its kill so that satisfies merciless's condition.

Unless it changed recently, Deadhead mods 100% didn't trigger if a heat proc from a headshot killed. Was a problem with my Knell Prime.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Zero VGS posted:

Unless it changed recently, Deadhead mods 100% didn't trigger if a heat proc from a headshot killed. Was a problem with my Knell Prime.

The hit that procs a status effect determines what status effect activates and how much damage its tics will do but that's their only relation, so a slash tic that was proc'd off a headshot isn't a headshot even if it's effectively receiving a headshot damage miltiplier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I was in the mood for a fast firing secondary so I built out some Kuva Twin Stubbas using Secondary Encumber and it kinda rules just dumping 70 statuses on someone in like 2 seconds

Hell yeah fellow dubba stubba enthusiast