Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i know nothing about him so what weird stuff does JJ actually do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Parallax posted:

i know nothing about him so what weird stuff does JJ actually do

Cured his depression via Google searches and doing his own research

Engages in a very public “mindfulness moment” barefoot at the goalpost as part of the pregame

Brushes his teeth left handed to stimulate alpha brainwaves

Throws for 150 per game with 100 of that being receiver generated YAC

To his credit he does all this while being sucked off by ESPN so there’s a certain degree of difficulty to it all.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Every single QB in the history of ever sets aside some time to center himself pregame, most just do it in a corner of the locker room instead of being a fluffy haired white guy doing it barefoot in front of a goalpost where all the cameras can see.

Any QB that wears his eye black like he’s the Ultimate Warrior is a ding dong

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Well better to be into that stuff when you're twenty than celebrity brain poisoned in his thirties

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Parallax posted:

Well better to be into that stuff when you're twenty than celebrity brain poisoned in his thirties

https://x.com/StuartFeiner/status/1744530645034955033?s=20

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
drat JJ McCarthy sucks rear end

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Doltos posted:

drat JJ McCarthy sucks rear end

I want him to declare just so we can get it over with. He’s Jake Locker with less reps.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He doesn't even have Lockers size or arm strength though. The dudes a 4th rounder who bounces around as a 3rd QB until he fucks off to be an offensive assistant in a high school or sell insurance.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Brushes his teeth left handed to stimulate alpha brainwaves

That was the stupidest poo poo I've ever heard announcers gush about.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Henchman of Santa posted:

You should have heard Scott Hanson announce Bill Belichick's accolades and skip over them to talk about how Belichick has read every Harry Potter book

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Henchman of Santa posted:

I’m sure Penix brushes his teeth left handed too but you won’t hear him bragging about it

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
McCarthy is highly unlikely to bust out as a pro, and you would have to be a complete idiot to take him in the first round (but the Raiders might lol).

But he does have a good (not great) arm, good accuracy, good legs, good judgment, and completed 73 percent of his passes with a good YPA. At worst he's going to carry a clipboard for years and not embarrass himself when he occasionally gets to play.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I guess JJ could do well as the QB of a team with an offense similar to Michigan’s or the Lions

Watch the Falcons draft him somehow is what I’m saying

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I guess JJ could do well as the QB of a team with an offense similar to Michigan’s or the Lions

Watch the Falcons draft him somehow is what I’m saying

There’s no team in the NFL that’s similar to Michigan’s because you simply can’t get away with only passing the ball 40% of the time in the NFL.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope MHJ goes to a team with a good QB because it would rock seeing bombs thrown and whatnot. Like Herbert to Harrison.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Gatts posted:

I hope MHJ goes to a team with a good QB because it would rock seeing bombs thrown and whatnot. Like Herbert to Harrison.

If MHJ slides to the Chargers I'll cut my dick off.*

* This doesn't count if they trade up to get him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait brushes his teeth with his left hand for alpha waves? What in the hell? Lmao

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait brushes his teeth with his left hand for alpha waves? What in the hell? Lmao

yea can anyone explain what this even means? it just sounds like crazy person style "bleach will cure covid" poo poo to me

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I'm gonna take a guess and say it's using your non predominant hand for repetitive actions unlocks your brain potential

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

he is a right-handed quarterback. he gets up in the morning and brushes his teeth with his left hand because it changes his neural patterns and it gives him alpha brain waves

don't forget his envisioning exercises!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s awesome.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It was a stupid fluff piece said during the NCG when they were talking about McCarthy's sports psychologist. I'm not sure about the left handed toothbrushing but sports psychology is real and effective for athletes.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Doltos posted:

It was a stupid fluff piece said during the NCG when they were talking about McCarthy's sports psychologist. I'm not sure about the left handed toothbrushing but sports psychology is real and effective for athletes.

Can’t imagine how bad JJ would suck without a sports psychologist if he’s this bad with one.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Doltos posted:

GMs no: "Was your mother a prostitute?"
GMs yes: "Do you unlock alpha waves when jerking it?"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

biceps crimes posted:

he is a right-handed quarterback. he gets up in the morning and brushes his teeth with his left hand because it changes his neural patterns and it gives him alpha brain waves

don't forget his envisioning exercises!

Hey, he manifested, holding the trophy. That's a first round worthy intangible

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The toothbrush thing seems like some One Weird Trick to practice mindfulness and hey I guess using your non-dominant arm is one way to work on that

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Can’t imagine how bad JJ would suck without a sports psychologist if he’s this bad with one.

Probably not a real difference since most sports psychology is like if you can envision it you can achieve it and how to calm down and not tilt in the middle of a game. Really it's great advice for a MOBA.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So if I’m ambi does that mean I have natural alpha wave stimulation

Brb gonna write Norwegian with my left and German with my right while reciting the pledge of allegiance in English

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

A significant number of pro athletes wore hologram bracelets to improve their balance and energy flows. Sports people are very superstitious.

Patrick Mahomes wears the same underwear every game.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Patrick Mahomes keeps the same brother every game too. REALLY superstitious

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Google MLB Phiten Necklace

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Patrick Mahomes keeps the same brother every game too. REALLY superstitious

It's a down year for him so perhaps he should consider sending his brother to a farm upstate and giving him the Tony B treatment

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

a neat cape posted:

Denver sitting there at 12 is gonna pull the trigger

Washington will take him at 11 after the Vikings trade up to 2 to take Daniels

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Google MLB Phiten Necklace

Why would Google draft a linebacker when they need so much help in the secondary?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

A significant number of pro athletes wore hologram bracelets to improve their balance and energy flows. Sports people are very superstitious.

Patrick Mahomes wears the same underwear every game.

I've seen and heard the dumbest superstitions tbh walking around the end zone barefoot and brushing your teeth left handed is just par for the course.

Magic handkerchiefs, lucky underwear, must have a certain breakfast, must listen to the same song. I've seen and heard a whole mess of weird poo poo athletes do.

Of all people Conor McGregor had the best take when once he said in an interview its just a way of dealing with fear and nerves and he doesn't bother with any of it because he knows he's prepared etc.

Jj has a bunch of issues as a prospect but his game day or bed time routine isn't a big deal. I mean half the draft chat last year was people getting weirdly obsessed about how someone takes their coffee.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

any quarterback in danger of getting drafted by the bears should just go back to school instead of ending their career.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Someone to keep an eye on for 2025's draft:

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1745143845967233175

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
WR1

https://twitter.com/keithpricetrut1/status/1745311910592163936?t=XnwaZ8AV0Wrj3izCfQEUVA&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Love him but seems a bit thin. Get some more meet on them bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

https://twitter.com/keithpricetrut1/status/1745315263267139865?t=WQmqaQlH60vrflXfgZWN2g&s=19

Amazing that folks are generating content from this water cooler rear end conversation.