Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

feedmyleg posted:

They... probably should have led with that
What, you don't care about the extremely popular Madame Web???

(also this is the newer version of the character and not the more widely known one, which is the old blind woman version)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

feedmyleg posted:

They... probably should have led with that

But a lot of people are scared of spiders... and women, you might scare them off!!!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I still need to watch Venom 2, but the first one was at least watchable

It is not HORRIBLE but it is a pretty big letdown.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Sony you cowards give us Turn Out The Dark: The Movie with buttholes everywhere! Songs by Bono and The Edge! A new villain named Swiss Miss! A Kraven that's implied to gently caress animals! Greek mythology! A shockingly high body count!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sony needs to nut up and give us a faithful film version of the Clone Saga

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sony's very much in a 'throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks' from a modern executive perspective that literally has no concept that movies can be 'good' or 'bad', just assembled incorrectly from the parts available to them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

This movie is supposed to have a Spider Woman in it

It has three of them

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's directed by someone who has directed a bunch of episodes of British TV, a GoT prequel series pilot that got buried, and literally no movies. Also written by the Morbius screenwriters. Apparently it takes place in the Venom/Morbius/Kraven universe where Spider Man hypothetically exists but can't show up.

Wouldn't it be a prequel to Spider-Man since Michael Scott is supposed to be Uncle Ben?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Wouldn't it be a prequel to Spider-Man since Michael Scott is supposed to be Uncle Ben?

You mean Ben Wyatt

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

feedmyleg posted:

Don't Sony have the rights to all of the Spider-Man characters? Aren't there any characters they can pull that are basically Spider-Man but not technically Spider-Man that they can stick in there just so there's an analog with big spider-eyes that looks close enough for audiences to buy? Surely they have access to, say, Silk or Spider Woman or something.

*taps the E*

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
E for Exploded!

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Sony you cowards give us Turn Out The Dark: The Movie with buttholes everywhere! Songs by Bono and The Edge! A new villain named Swiss Miss! A Kraven that's implied to gently caress animals! Greek mythology! A shockingly high body count!

Whoa, now. CATS already threatened me with a good time, what's this about more buttholes?

And yes, I'd be there opening weekend. God drat, Madame Web, what a trailer to threaten me with.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

What if Madame Web was also a musical that marketing was ashamed of being a musical?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

GrandpaPants posted:

What if Madame Web was also a musical that marketing was ashamed of being a musical?

I mean I don't think anyone's actually expecting it to be any good. I guess a few people might be sort of annoyed it's crap but crap in a different way their expecting?

Like if you went to the theater to watch a Neil Breen film and they just played a few episodes of Jerry Springer instead.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FlamingLiberal posted:

This movie is going to bomb so hard

*spider explodes*

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

There's no way all those shots of the Spider Women in the Madame Web promos aren't from a flash forward/side tease. They reuse the same shot in that loving twitter promo twice for gently caress sakes, that's all that exist of those characters in costume.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mierenneuker posted:

Whomst Greenlighted 2024: More Spider-Man Movies Without Spider-Man

And let's not forget what we could have nearly gotten, but they denied us: https://www.ign.com/articles/bad-bunny-is-seemingly-out-of-spider-man-spinoff-el-muerto-but-film-still-in-the-works

You know, uh, this guy!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

For maximum authenticity it needs people in charge of set safety on Rust.

Speaking of Spider-People, LOL.

Jeremy Allen White was also in this.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

over ten years ago :shepicide:

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Chemtrailologist posted:

Was his movie about horny nuns any good? I remember seeing previews but then forgot all about it.

Had the best pussy noises to ever come out of a theatrical 7.1 surround presentation.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Had the best pussy noises to ever come out of a theatrical 7.1 surround presentation.

Well I know what I'll be using to test my future sound system purchases.

Throw it on the floor units and watch the sales roll in.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Spider-People, LOL.

Jeremy Allen White was also in this.

I have been 100% convinced since seeing it that movie 43 exists entirely for the Halle Berry extreme plastic surgery bit.

Maybe my brain is just ruined by the internet, but that sketch gave off extreme "whoever wrote this was jerking it" energy.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I enjoyed the first but the second is a turd. Lots of CGI racket and wasted Woody Harrelson. I barely remember the plot.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Don't Sony have the rights to all of the Spider-Man characters? Aren't there any characters they can pull that are basically Spider-Man but not technically Spider-Man that they can stick in there just so there's an analog with big spider-eyes that looks close enough for audiences to buy? Surely they have access to, say, Silk or Spider Woman or something.

They literally have another Spider-Man.

Or is that the joke?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The MSJ posted:

I already said it would have a shockingly high body count.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
All three Pirates are great and excellent adventure movies. It’s a good trilogy.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Gatts posted:

All three Pirates are great and excellent adventure movies. It’s a good trilogy.

I am glad you’re happy with it, and that isn’t goon snark leading to a FOR MY BUTTHOLE punchline, I just don’t agree with you. And that’s cool.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

One thing I would say about those PIrate movies is that they never got lazy or half-rear end. They went all-out for all of 'em; Davy Jones is still one of the greatest CGI characters ever made and he's coming up on 20 years old.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Hasturtium posted:

I am glad you’re happy with it, and that isn’t goon snark leading to a FOR MY BUTTHOLE punchline, I just don’t agree with you. And that’s cool.

Gatts posted:

FOR ME TO POOP ON

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The third Pirates is bloated but I do watch them when they are on cable

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Looking forward to the healthy discussion to follow https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1744766243976929506?s=46&t=lbKxPpxJyMeDN0i-nFAg4A

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

These guys are afraid of big muscular women.

Like I just looked her up and she's an inch taller than Bella Ramsey.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I ain't gonna read this poo poo but I'm stoked. Abby rules. I had a lot of fun with tlou2 and it's little narrative shanagins.

ghastly
Nov 10, 2023

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Name/post combo much?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Nightmare Cinema posted:

lmfao

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
PotC 2 is enjoyable in the way a lot of the old serials are in that the plot is going all over the goddamn place and throwing out all sorts of things just to keep the story moving, whereas PotC 3 has to tie all that up and that's a tall loving order.

and why the gently caress is it only two ships fighting at the end is this where Disney drew the budget lines or what

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Don't Sony have the rights to all of the Spider-Man characters? Aren't there any characters they can pull that are basically Spider-Man but not technically Spider-Man

Venom

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yes Sony has characters that premiered in Spider-Man comics, basically. Go look at Morbius , he premiered in Amazing Spider-Man #101. Kraven, Madame Web, Venom, same story.

Interestingly enough, the Punisher also premiered in Amazing Spider-Man, but I assume that he was specifically exempted when the rights were sold because he has value on his own. Basically any character that Sony has access to is a primary Spider-Man villain or was not considered important enough to carve out of the agreement.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

PotC 2 is enjoyable in the way a lot of the old serials are in that the plot is going all over the goddamn place and throwing out all sorts of things just to keep the story moving, whereas PotC 3 has to tie all that up and that's a tall loving order.

Sadly, very few serials are actually like this. I can name maybe 4 which keep the story moving and don't feel absolutely languid. Actual pirate serials are are boring as gently caress. I was hoping that there was a good one that was all just low-stakes swordfights and buried treasure and swashbuckling, but they're just slow terrible dramas with an occasional slapdash fistfight :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Had good parts but plenty of bad ones. Ending up with me never wanting to see it again.