Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
in light of Habeck being chased back on his ferry lets recall how he let this dude go because media (bild) got mad he was his trauzeuge or something:

https://x.com/Laserbrille/status/1743419531584835585?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

chadbear posted:

Germans have proved to be utterly incapable of being critical of Israel without it being either a fig leaf for Nazi antisemitism or accompanied by left-wing antisemitism. For the latter Entebbe looms large. German pro-Palestinian terrorists hijacked an airplane, released all non-Jewish passengers and kept all the Jewish ones, no matter if they were Israeli or not, including a Holocaust survivor. Supposedly that person even showed his KZ number tattoo to his German captor who just said lol I’m not a Nazi.

poo poo like this has led to a total taboo on the issue, supported by politicians, the media and the education system. It’s not just the Holocaust itself, it’s how Post-war Germans have dealt with Jews and Israel when they had the chance.

Germany should just drop Israel like a hot potato. It's just another Gottesstaat im Nahen Osten, deal with it (or not) like you would with Saudi Arabia or Iran or something.

Or if pearl clutching MdBs and talking heads are in any way honest about their depth of feeling, introduce legislation to give away Schleswig-Holstein as territory for the Jewish homeland instead of foisting half assed blood and soil poo poo on the people of the Levant.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
There was another Palestine solidarity demo here today btw, and I don't know what kind of PA they had but I could hear FREE PALESTINE!!! FREE PALESTINE!!!!! FREE PALESTINE!!!! far and wide lol

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

suck my woke dick posted:

deal with it (or not) like you would with Saudi Arabia

So sell them more weapons for Lisa to have money for Kindergrundsicherung?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Randler posted:

So sell them more weapons for Lisa to have money for Kindergrundsicherung?

One step up from giving the weapons away free :shrug:

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
So can we take bets on how much chaos there'll be tomorrow? Volksaufstand or Nothingburger? Anyone preemptively taking a day off? I vorankündigd i might not make it in and have been hanging out in the telegram groups trying to get a read on the situation. But probably a lot of Gelaber.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Grendels Dad posted:

Als ansonsten von Bahnstreiks Betroffener kann ich nur sagen: lol, lmao

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I commute via bicycle. :smuggo:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I doubt there will be tractors on the subway track...

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Hopper posted:

Lasche Streikkultur.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hopper posted:

Idk those things can drive p much anywhere.

When we had the farmers protests here in The Netherlands they drove down to The Hague over the beach.

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 8, 2024

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Alle in den Knast prügeln, meiner Meinung nach. Die Traktorfa gehört mit aller Härte des Gesetzes verfolgt und bestraft!!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

Alle in den Knast prügeln, meiner Meinung nach. Die Traktorfa gehört mit aller Härte des Gesetzes verfolgt und bestraft!!

Yeah it's funny how Gemany is now doing a repeat of what we had last year with the farmers protests and klimakleber. Only the order os reversed. Many of the same poo poo on social media (and irl) of people supporting the farmers (who were blocking highways and being fairly aggressive with their massive tractors while doing so) and clutching their pearls about anyone saying the farmers should be dealt with harshly "so much for the tolerant left" "left are the real fascists" etc etc.

Only to turn on a dime when extinction rebellion was blocking the very same highways a couple of months later saying these people should be beaten, dragged through the streets, locked up, shot, etc.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

spankmeister posted:

Yeah it's funny how Gemany is now doing a repeat of what we had last year with the farmers protests and klimakleber. Only the order os reversed. Many of the same poo poo on social media (and irl) of people supporting the farmers (who were blocking highways and being fairly aggressive with their massive tractors while doing so) and clutching their pearls about anyone saying the farmers should be dealt with harshly "so much for the tolerant left" "left are the real fascists" etc etc.

Only to turn on a dime when extinction rebellion was blocking the very same highways a couple of months later saying these people should be beaten, dragged through the streets, locked up, shot, etc.

It wasn't about the Rettungsgasse, was it?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

spankmeister posted:

Makes sense when you consider that it was Trsktorfahrer saying those things.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The answer as to why that is is easy:

You support the poor farmers because what if you cant get one of your treats anymore or they become more expensive? Imagine not having your Früshtücksei or your rinderbraten or milk becoming even more expensive because of politicians? Farmers are just like all of us, the poor downtrodden people under the heel of EU and local politicians.

On the other hand, Klimakleber? Letzte Generation? They just want you to verzicht auf your treats like that yearly flight to Mallorca, driving real fast in your BMW or eating Strawberries in winter. You EARNED those things.
And give them up for what? A future you wont see anyway because you are old and dead by then? Those lazy rear end students should get a job instead of protesting.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Having now decided to stay home and switch my off-day at work this week, boy I am glad to live in a part of Germany where the Traktoren can not only block all the Autobahnauffahrten, but also all the ferries crossing the Nord-Ostsee-Kanal, thus making it literally impossible for me to get to work. Love it when that happens.

But hey, let's not blame it all on the Trekkers, let's also blame it on the Truckers, because today is apparently also the perfect day to demonstrate against the increase of the LKW-Maut.

And the best thing is, next time the Discounters force the Bauern to lower the milk price by 10 cent, or the next time some of the industry giants forceably lower cargo rates, will all the protesters today react even remotely the same as today? Of course not, we will get a couple dozen protestors on isolated Marktplätzen and lots of whining on social media, because clearly going against the government is soo much easier than going against Capitalism.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

niethan posted:

So can we take bets on how much chaos there'll be tomorrow? Volksaufstand or Nothingburger? Anyone preemptively taking a day off? I vorankündigd i might not make it in and have been hanging out in the telegram groups trying to get a read on the situation. But probably a lot of Gelaber.

All bark no bite, I had less traffic than usual. Seems like everyone is loving Systemlinge

niethan fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jan 8, 2024

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Bunch of tractors meandering their way through the one main arterial street here in Flensburg and being loud as gently caress with their horns. You'd think it would be expensive on the diesel to run these things from all over the north without any subsidies but hey.

Also just assuming they're doing it here because it's Habeck's direktmandat or something, idk, it's annoying af tho.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

lol

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I hope that, like in the netherlands, the german farmers also organise themselves into rightwing militias with names like FARMERS DEFENCE FORCE

nawilo_420 fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jan 8, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Already have.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landvolkbewegung_(Schleswig-Holstein)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Not that you need to see them to know, but I like the use of the flags as a helpful indication who you are actually dealing with at these "Bauernproteste"

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Lmao, I just learned that the Freie Bauern currently doing their thing in Berlin are unironically demanding that no more new residential areas be created anymore. How dare people want to live somewhere, won't somebody think about unsere schönen Acker?! :qq:

These fuckers are no different from the average CEO claiming that the entire economy will crater if we don't bend over backwards for his profits, but because they're driving tractors instead of a Mercedes people suddenly believe they're just humble workers toiling in the fields.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
More like aggroheute...

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://web.archive.org/web/20240108074751/https://old.reddit.com/r/Finanzen/comments/1911fwt/landwirte_sind_reich/

Dude gets torn to shreds in the comments.

:discourse:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

It's from the CDU Sachsen:

https://www.facebook.com/cdulandtagsfraktionsachsen/posts/pfbid0RNgZ2dAeMu1xt2GGwkYraXyop9j4s7bUEThjbp5mRs4x4kZeCmkfBfty2XhefsNol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

holymoly was ein otto

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

kein faschismus leude bidde

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Very illustrative. I have no doubt the dude managed to convince himself that they are not that well-off too. Reminds me of people on $300K+ income thinking they’re middle class at best.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Drone posted:

kein faschismus leude bidde

bad news, dr

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or is using the word "Volk" on a sign or banner a surefire sign someone needs to be locked up for being a Nazi?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Guter Artikel imo

https://slakner.wordpress.com/2024/01/04/streit-um-den-agrardiesel-der-versuch-einer-einordnung/

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008
I saw too many gallows with traffic lights on them on my way home from work today.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Hopper posted:

Is it just me or is using the word "Volk" on a sign or banner a surefire sign someone needs to be locked up for being a Nazi?

If it's a weird-rear end compound noun, for sure.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

:thunk:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Me, nodding sagely: Man muss die Sorgen und Nöte der Menschen ernst nehmen.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Ah yes, the propaganda that farmers are poor workers who are feeding the nation and just trying to get by is another thing that happened in the netherlands, when in fact they are actually hugely wealthy enterprises who export 80% of their product lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019
But guys, we have now BSW as an official party, surely this will solve everything?

*looks up their stance on Bauernproteste*

oh. okay. forget it :shrek:

yeah I know it was not that surprising...