Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

AARD VARKMAN posted:

hey you cunts whats a good brand of chicken salt to acquire

If you're on friendly terms with your bbq chook joint they'll probably give / sell you some of theirs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedes
Aug 30, 2002

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I've been buying from Shanez for a while and highly recommend the original and the superior:

https://www.shanez.com.au/salt-chicken-salt-varieties

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
The original and the best

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Mitani, who use Peter Brinkworths original recipe from the 70s

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Elissimpark posted:

My ex had a Datsun 1600 that she got as her first car back in the mid 90's. She was gifted it by her granddad who had bought it new. She sold it a few years back, so hopefully it's either with a collector or getting hot rodded somewhere. It was a pretty sweet car.

1600's were collector cars 20 years ago, it's pretty certain it got looked after.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Did they call them Datsun instead of Nissan because of the war or something?

Datsun was a brand of Nissan.

Like how a Lincoln is not called a Ford.

Well, moreso an Edsel or a Mercury not being called a Ford. Developed in-house by the parent company., Lincoln was a different company acquired by Ford.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 9, 2024

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Caedes posted:

I've been buying from Shanez for a while and highly recommend the original and the superior:

https://www.shanez.com.au/salt-chicken-salt-varieties

Is their kentucky salt what i think it is?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Non Compos Mentis posted:

It's not made of real Kentucky.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I hate chicken salt but couldn't you just ask for a portion of that salt for like a buck from your local chippy guys

Doesn't cost them poo poo, its msg with a sprinkle of vague chicken seasoning

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 9, 2024

Caedes
Aug 30, 2002

Regret to inform its a pale comparison.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
that sucks

The Peccadillo posted:

I hate chicken salt but couldn't you just ask for a portion of that salt for like a buck from your local chippy guys

aard is a seppo, they dont have chippies

ili
Jul 26, 2003

They have fryies or freedomies or some dumb poo poo like that surely.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

1600's were collector cars 20 years ago, it's pretty certain it got looked after.

That's good to know!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
yeah but they dont have access to chicken salt because they are godless heathens

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

yeah but they dont have access to chicken salt because they are godless heathens

We don't have to send missionaries over their to convert the godless seppo heathens or anything do we?

Seems like a lot of effort.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I've noted that you often get the option of Season All as well as chicken salt down here. Is that a Tassie thing, or do other states do that? I don't remember ever seeing it in Victoria in my pre-outlaw life.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

dr_rat posted:

We don't have to send missionaries over their to convert the godless seppo heathens or anything do we?

Seems like a lot of effort.

no, we just judge them from afar

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
It's pretty gross the way they make the chickens sweat just for our tastebuds though

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

no, we just judge them from afar

Ah sweet. Well cheers to all for a job well done then.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

19 yo with suspended P's hit with 50 charges after crashing car and cops finding his dashcam my_crimes.mp4

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
130 in a 60 zone. Faaark

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Noooo plead no contest you li'l dummy you're gonna be so liable for stuff

If you plead guilty it makes you so much easier to sue

E: I looked it up and we don't do that here. I learnt about it in law class in high school and I guess we were doing an American case

I remember another wild case where a dude was charged with smuggling heroin from China to Sydney and he had a pretty undisprovable defensive of "i got no idea how that poo poo got there someone stooged my rear end", but the language in the law accidentally omits "knowingly" from smuggling when it comes to heroin. You can accidentally smuggle anything else, but he got life in prison

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 10, 2024

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Peccadillo posted:

I remember another wild case where a dude was charged with smuggling heroin from China to Sydney and he had a pretty undisprovable defensive of "i got no idea how that poo poo got there someone stooged my rear end", but the language in the law accidentally omits "knowingly" from smuggling when it comes to heroin. You can accidentally smuggle anything else, but he got life in prison

I wouldn't be surprised if that was on purpose to close an abused loophole.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

ROFLBOT posted:

The original and the best

Do NOT believe these Western Australian LIES

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/chicken-salt-inventor-peter-brinkworth-salt-of-earth-film/101456656

...also, this is the most cursed thing I've seen in a while

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 10, 2024

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

dsriggs posted:

Do NOT believe these Western Australian LIES

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/chicken-salt-inventor-peter-brinkworth-salt-of-earth-film/101456656

...also, this is the most cursed thing I've seen in a while

QFT. I'd give that beer a red hot gose but

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Its the right colour at least

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

The Peccadillo posted:

Mate of mine got caught trying to smuggle from Hong Kong to Qld, did not pretend he didn't know it was there, got a 13 year sentence and made parole after five and a half. Life sentence seems full on, I would assume the dude who got life might have had a bit of a track record with other shady poo poo. Or he tried to smuggle an absolute fuckton of h.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Oh they changed it hard and fast

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It might also depend on whether you rat out everyone else involved.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Oh they changed it hard and fast

Royal commission defense:

'I don't recall'

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I wonder which charges he's pleading guilty to.

Jan 11, 2024
The one where he stays alive

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

My favourite auslaw story is Tony Abbot getting headbutted by a dude and saying "the homesexuals are attacking me because of the vote for gay marriage" and then some news outlet found the guy. DJ Funcknuckle, and asked him if he was doing hate crime, and he was like "i saw Tony Abbott and headbutted the oval office, might have had a gay rights pin or something"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M5hbSPwnBc

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 11, 2024

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

The Peccadillo posted:

My favourite auslaw story is Tony Abbot getting headbutted by a dude and saying "the homesexuals are attacking me because of the vote for gay marriage" and then some news outlet found the guy. DJ Funcknuckle, and asked him if he was doing hate crime, and he was like "i saw Tony Abbott and headbutted the oval office, might have had a gay rights pin or something"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M5hbSPwnBc

Wonder if he's had to buy his own beers since then.

Seriously, best news out of Hobart in years that was

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Can we all agree that the Bunnings website is a slow old piece of poo poo?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Oh no we're at war again. Albanese agreed to join Operation Prosperetiy Gaurdian to do murder on Yemen because the Houthies been too good at loving with Isreali shipping routes

Being a client state RULES

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 12, 2024

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

The Peccadillo posted:

Oh no we're at war again. Albanese agreed to join Operation Prosperetiy Gaurdian to do murder on Yemen because the Houthies been too good at loving with Isreali shipping routes

Being a client state RULES

We're in a "non operational support role" which I assume is sending a laundry ship and doing Starbucks runs for the seppo troops.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Also onshore med to repatriate people

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just found out one of my Aussie friends died last year from cancer. Good bloke, a navy man. Any of you know a proper toast to his memory?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
shoey