Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I have a circa 2016 Yamaha RX-A760. I only have one setup in my living room that pulls double duty as both the TV and music listening station, so I'm "stuck" with newer models with all the bells and whistles for TV viewing. As much as I'd love to have a nice vintage setup for the heck of it, it'd take up more physical space than I have and trying to share speakers would be a PITA. Sounds great either way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

i'm committing felonies by running my player through a bluetooth speaker. i used to have a receiver and speaker set up i swear.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the only wrong setup/eq curve/gear is the stuff that

a) actively destroys your records, or
b) you don't actually listen to

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."
I was running my main TT through my beloved Kenwood KA-7100 until it died. Thankfully, I have more yard/church sale amplifiers in the basement and downgraded to a Pioneer SA-7500. Been using it for the past five or six years. It's fine. But Imma get my Kenwood fixed some day.

My backup TT (ie, the one that gets used more) is being listened to via headphones through a lovely Radio Shack amp because it fits in the limited space I have. I need to upgrade to something with less hum, but it works for now.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Restock alert for the MFSL edition of the only worthwhile Weezer album: https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/w...fsaAmisEALw_wcB

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Restock alert for the MFSL edition of the only worthwhile Weezer album: https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/w...fsaAmisEALw_wcB

this isn’t raditude

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jail for Rivers Cuomo

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Anyone in here have multiple setups? I have my one single turntable up in my living room hooked up to my tv receiver, but i feel like I want to stick another one back in my office/gamer zone too, because I'd absolutely listen to more records that way. Is this total stupidity? I mean it is, but like, I'm sure people have done it. It's nice right?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I think multiple people have talked about it. I want to get my vintage player serviced and set it up in the living room.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

Anyone in here have multiple setups? I have my one single turntable up in my living room hooked up to my tv receiver, but i feel like I want to stick another one back in my office/gamer zone too, because I'd absolutely listen to more records that way. Is this total stupidity? I mean it is, but like, I'm sure people have done it. It's nice right?

Absolutely! I've got my main setup out in the front room:

But I picked up a Sound Burger and do probably 80% of my listening on my little office setup now:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Stan Taylor posted:

I have my vintage system in the basement - actually two systems. One has a Pioneer SX680 and my turntable, the other has a bunch of 90s stuff with a CD player and tape deck connected. I have a third system in my basement for my TV and videogames - that's a modern 5.1 setup.

In my bedroom I have a modern turntable with built-in amp and a couple of Edifier bookshelf speakers. It doesn't have the punch that my basement system has, but it still sounds good.

So technically four systems, two of which can play vinyl.

Oh, and I bought that copy of Pinkerton posted recently. It's a good album.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive seriously considered it and probably will some day soon. i have most of what i need already except for a second turntable

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I moved into a house this year and took the opportunity to set up multiple turntables. The main system is in the basement:

Then I hooked one up to the main TV sound system upstairs:

And on the basement TV sound system, I've got my tape and CD players (hoping to replace this with a cheap 5.1 amp some day):

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I have 3 stereos with turntables and one that just has a tape deck and a Walkman.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I do kinda want a SoundBurger.

SoundBurger.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
SoundBurger

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Mad props for still having Rockband hooked up in 2024.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

Enos Cabell posted:

Absolutely! I've got my main setup out in the front room:

Where did you get your shelving? I’ve seen Kallax-alikes and have some but not with the narrower top shelf

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

Where did you get your shelving? I’ve seen Kallax-alikes and have some but not with the narrower top shelf

It's actually from Ikea, part of the Obegränsad collection. It's basically a Kallax with that extra shelf on top. Sadly, looks like it was a limited time run. Hopefully they bring it back, because it's pretty much perfect.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Stan Taylor posted:

I have one in the living room as part of my stereo/tv set up and two tables for the dj poo poo in my record room. Thinking about hooking up a third in the basement to my music computer for sampling but seems a bit much. No pictures because my house is a mess right now haha.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Stan Taylor posted:

nah ive got one in my living room and one in my office. its nice. I miss having one in the bedroom though. it was always pleasant putting one on in the morning on the weekends.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Anyone had any luck getting Sound of Vinyl to respond to return requests? One of my records came with two very noticeable scratches that have audible pops as well as some warping. Not happy.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
https://www.davidbowie.com/blog/2024/1/7/waiting-in-the-sky-vinyl-lp-for-rsd-2024

The David Bowie camp has been getting pretty tacky with their releases, I must say. And now, we’re getting another version of Ziggy Stardust, but with a few of the songs replaced with other readily available songs. Because you know, you have to hear this album with Holy Holy instead of Suffragette City.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/OmegaAuctions/status/1744381036656468458 linking through to https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/auction/details/a219c-the-bbc-collection---sale-one/?au=149

BBC auctioning off lots of duplicate records and some equipment including "On Air" signs and the like.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yeah yeah that's cool, but you could own a (possibly magic) sword

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

King Giz collection nearly complete!! :xd:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

pwn posted:

Those are just the Polygondwanaland variants!

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Cemetry Gator posted:

https://www.davidbowie.com/blog/2024/1/7/waiting-in-the-sky-vinyl-lp-for-rsd-2024

The David Bowie camp has been getting pretty tacky with their releases, I must say. And now, we’re getting another version of Ziggy Stardust, but with a few of the songs replaced with other readily available songs. Because you know, you have to hear this album with Holy Holy instead of Suffragette City.

Yeah, that... seems pointless. I'd rather have a nice vinyl version of the anniversary edition they released a few years ago with all those other songs on a second LP. They're quite decent for B-sides, but there's no need for an off-the-cuff 'alternate" Ziggy album.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

pwn posted:

Ha, you joke but I gave up on King Gizz a while ago because of too much output. That and Butterfly 3000 wasn't as cool to me on the second listen. I'm sure I'll hear about it next time they put out an outstanding album.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The secret is that not everything they put out is stellar quality by a shot of some length. Quite a bit of it is but I've quite more than one album halfway through with a general feeling of "what are you even going for lads".

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

Yeah, that... seems pointless. I'd rather have a nice vinyl version of the anniversary edition they released a few years ago with all those other songs on a second LP. They're quite decent for B-sides, but there's no need for an off-the-cuff 'alternate" Ziggy album.

I probably won’t pay for it, but I’d listen to an alternate ziggy with a different mix and different track list. Sounds cool to me.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

My Lovely Horse posted:

The secret is that not everything they put out is stellar quality by a shot of some length. Quite a bit of it is but I've quite more than one album halfway through with a general feeling of "what are you even going for lads".

I had to learn this the hard way. My biggest mistake was blind buying Chunky Shrapnel because it was the latest. It's not a particularly wonderful live album.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

An update to my Sound of Vinyl journey. They've sent me an email regarding my order but are saying that a another record in my order (not the defetive one) is out of stock so they are refunding me. It was more expensive so I guess I'll just take the refund.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Got this in yesterday and was pretty excited to see "For promo use only" stamped on the back. That makes two promo records I own. Come get me record companies! :getin:

It's a 12inch single with a couple of tracks on side B because God drat "Eloise" wasn't on the vinyl version of "Anything".

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Not a ton of stuff there but Urban Outfitters is doing 50% off sale prices online (discount at checkout)

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/vinyl-records-for-sale

I got Phoenix and Kimbra for $7.50 each so why not.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Schremp Howard posted:

Not a ton of stuff there but Urban Outfitters is doing 50% off sale prices online (discount at checkout)

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/vinyl-records-for-sale

I got Phoenix and Kimbra for $7.50 each so why not.

drat I feel like I'm looking at that roster of made up baseball players

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Forgive me if I'm asking in the wrong thread but does Discogs have no way of adding upcoming releases to the want list?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

It has to be in the database to add, so if it hasn't been released, and there's no data there yet, you can't add it.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

You're not allowed to submit a release until you have it in hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Ah so that explains why it can take a day or so to have new releases added to discogs. I don't have time to learn their style guide to make new entries myself so I just wait until some one else does it.