Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The pointy things are called "Tines"

Filing this in alongside "aglets" in the "concepts that do not deserve dedicated words" drawer. The fact that both are footwear-related is also making me suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If there's anything unethical about an attorney general dating having a romantic relationship with a prosecutor I need to rewrite this Edgeworth/Francizca von Karma fiction

Yes? If they were dating they didn't disclose it and it gives the appearance, real or not, of preferential treatment.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
im surprised there's only 94 official hats. thought it would be in the hundreds

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

PokeDon! Gotta catch 'em all!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Escape From Noise posted:

No crocks but crock charms on Etsy (that's why price is in yen)

Stick a lovely 3d print of Trump's fat head in your zoomer boots to own the libs

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

PhazonLink posted:

im surprised there's only 94 official hats. thought it would be in the hundreds

So they want over $250 per hat? that's insanity!

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

kazil posted:

Yes? If they were dating they didn't disclose it and it gives the appearance, real or not, of preferential treatment.

More objectionably, hand-wringing over Edgeworth having a conflict of interest seems questionable in of itself.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The monkey's paw of inevitability and large leads is that if you don't win by a huge amount you lose. If Trump doesn't win Iowa or New Hampshire by at least 20 points each (or even loses one), the narrative is going to be that he doesn't have as strong a grip on the party as everyone thought and that's going to lead to a free for all

I hope so, but find that unlikely. NH can always be seen as an oddball. And when does Trump care about appearances?

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Nobody wants to buy my collection of 94 Nazi hats for $250,000?

THANKS BIDENOMICS!!!!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

tek79 posted:

Nobody wants to buy my collection of 94 Nazi hats for $250,000?

THANKS BIDENOMICS!!!!

Everyone's gone woke and now I'm going broke!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

live broadcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEQ1aToavl8

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

mobby_6kl posted:

My feet aren't hosed up at all, which is how I can tell that flip lops are horrible. Just wear real shoes.

Please don't put in the paper that my feet are hosed up

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I prefer to wear fake shoes.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I prefer to wear fake shoes.

I only wear spray on shoes.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I wrap my feet in rags.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

In Sweden, and most constitutional monarchies, it's right there in the constitution that the Monarch is excempt from all prosecution.

Just one of the reasons I am a lowercase republican.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1744732822445957583

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Fabricated posted:

The lawyer for the defendant that entered this is a good lawyer known for being able to dig up stuff like this- Trump may be down to hiring Lionel Hutz but some of the other defendants have hired actually skilled representation (because they actually pay them and keep their mouths shut). It is looking increasingly likely that this is a real thing, and it could absolutely derail the case in a major manner.

Username/ post on point

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

That's not correct. The lawyer did make a passing comment to that, but their main arguments are all precedent-based.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Propaganda Hour posted:

Does this help?

https://www.newsweek.com/multiple-state-republican-parties-going-broke-1858680

In Arizona and Michigan, two states where the GOP presidential candidate will likely have to win a majority of suburban voters to get back in the White House, the state Republican parties are running critically short on money. In Arizona, the state GOP has just $14,800 left in the bank at the end of August, as reported by the Arizona Mirror.

very interesting amount of money left

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

DaveWoo posted:

Tucker and the Turd, coming this Fall on CBS!

I hope they license ACDC's TNT song for their theme

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Accipiter posted:

No he isn't and no he doesn't.

Water and Diet Coke consist of 99% of his liquid intake. If there's anything dairy within that remaining 1% it's loving milkshakes.

It would be so bizarre to be a chud symbol. Just a blank canvas for them to project their opinions and pet causes to, irrespective of anything I say or observable reality.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The two most recent CNN chyrons right now:

TRUMP LAWYER SAYS PRES. CAN’T BE PROSECUTED FOR ASSASSINATING A POLITICAL RIVAL IF HE ISN’T IMPEACHED AND CONVICTED FIRST

followed by

TRUMP ATTY. SUGGESTS BIDEN COULD BE PROSECUTED FOR “MISMANAGING” BORDER IF COURT DOESN’T ESTABLISH CRIMINAL IMMUNITY FOR PRESIDENTS

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It’s all so dumb and gay!!!!!!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Aramis posted:

Filing this in alongside "aglets" in the "concepts that do not deserve dedicated words" drawer. The fact that both are footwear-related is also making me suspicious.

"Tines" is a useful word, and forks are not footwear

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1744735820601553053?t=4VINbvQLrwDhHlUkNCM-_w&s=19

The best people

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Chief McHeath posted:

TRUMP LAWYER SAYS PRES. CAN’T BE PROSECUTED FOR ASSASSINATING A POLITICAL RIVAL IF HE ISN’T IMPEACHED AND CONVICTED FIRST

followed by

TRUMP ATTY. SUGGESTS BIDEN COULD BE PROSECUTED FOR “MISMANAGING” BORDER IF COURT DOESN’T ESTABLISH CRIMINAL IMMUNITY FOR PRESIDENTS

Ah, the old "If the President does it, it's not illegal" argument.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Can’t prosecute a TRUMP because no impeachment and conviction!

Can prosecute a BIDEN at any time for anything!

Prestigious universities, please grant me my JD now please, I am a lawyer.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Time_pants posted:

It would be so bizarre to be a chud symbol. Just a blank canvas for them to project their opinions and pet causes to, irrespective of anything I say or observable reality.

If you can grift and con and have no sense of shame, it's a great way to make money!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1744504937537556982?s=20

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Accipiter posted:

Someone's looking for a way to pay for some legal medical bills methinks.

fixed

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It is time.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The full text, for anyone who doesn't want to click over to the hellsite that is X:

quote:

In the Trump immunity case, Judge Pan says Trump lawyer Dean Sauer has conceded that there's no "absolute Immunity" because Sauer's actually arguing prosecution after impeachment and conviction is permissible.

This concession, Judge Pan notes, invalidates one of the main arguments Sauer raised in favor of immunity before the hearing: that the doctrine of separation of powers means the judicial branch can never sit in judgment of the executive branch.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

quote:

This concession, Judge Pan notes, invalidates one of the main arguments Sauer raised in favor of immunity before the hearing: that the doctrine of separation of powers means the judicial branch can never sit in judgment of the executive branch.

Which is ridiculous in and of itself because each of the three branches exist as a system of checks and balances against the others.

We all learned that poo poo in elementary school and this fuckhead lawyer doesn't seem to know that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

followed by

A nice summary of the standards Republicans and Democrats are held too, resepctively.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I thought one of the defense lines was that he couldn’t be charged out in real-world court if he had been convicted by Congress following impeachment because that would be double jeopardy…which applies whether he’s found guilty or not

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Strong Sauce posted:

watch this video

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7313670836416777502

and see if you think you watched the same video as matt walsh.

I was a consistent 49-50s 400m runner in high school. After four years without sprint training and instead focusing on half to full marathon distance, I could still run about a 5 min mile but would have struggled to hold a 57s 400m even though I was by all accounts young and in pretty incredible shape. You can’t just roll off the couch and sprint after you’re no longer a teenager much less keep up with a D1 athlete of any gender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

redshirt posted:

A nice summary of the standards Republicans and Democrats are held too, resepctively.

I mean, both statements are basically saying the exact same thing. As much as they are assholes, there is nothing inconsistent here.