Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

priznat posted:

Hey that’s IP theft!

Oh, I’m sorry, did that offend you? Are you melting, fragile snowflake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

priznat posted:

The funny thing is that he’s now getting trounced in the offensive rear end in a top hat comedian category by Chappelle, who is actually an extremely talented standup when he’s not being a complete prick to marginalized groups.

Was

He is a hack, he was talented

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

kdrudy posted:

Is Sofia Boutella any good in anything? I haven't seen enough other stuff with her to know but she's just awful in this.

She's a fun henchwoman in Kingsman.

PostNouveau posted:

Ricky Gervais calling all the Hollywood people Epstein-loving sickos at the Golden Globes was the only funny thing he's ever done besides The Office

I'll defend Extras and nothing else.
E: the opening scene of Life's Too Short

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It was cool that stewart lee annihilated chapelle in his last show in such an arcane stewart lee way that no outsider could even comprehend what had happened

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Was

He is a hack, he was talented

Yes, true, I guess I hold out hope he could be good again. But I haven’t watched his stuff since Equanimity when it was clear the direction he was going.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Cacator posted:

She's a fun henchwoman in Kingsman.

I'll defend Extras and nothing else.
E: the opening scene of Life's Too Short

all his work with merchant holds up, but the office is really in a league of its own

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Weird Al got an Emmy

https://twitter.com/weirdaldaily/status/1744131890766843981

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

L O L

(I wouldn't have guessed the show was shot for 4:3 originally)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

PostNouveau posted:

Ricky Gervais calling all the Hollywood people Epstein-loving sickos at the Golden Globes was the only funny thing he's ever done besides The Office

It owns that the worst part of the Ricky Gervais Show was Ricky Gervais. :pray: thank god for Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington (will not be checking their twitter accounts to see what kind of cool opinions they have/which small island they were regular guests at)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched ai: artificial intelligence at the alamo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

DaysBefore posted:

It owns that the worst part of the Ricky Gervais Show was Ricky Gervais. :pray: thank god for Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington (will not be checking their twitter accounts to see what kind of cool opinions they have/which small island they were regular guests at)

IDK about Karl, but Steve's fine.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Sir Lemming posted:

I didn't even know they were on, but I'm enjoying the schadenfreude from some clips of this apparently disastrous monologue from some comedian I've never heard of:

https://twitter.com/taylorslavender/status/1744170521883770941

https://twitter.com/SpencerAlthouse/status/1744164455775096860

Like they're not even the worst jokes in the genre of lame award show humor, but the delivery puts them in the realm of negative comedy. No idea how this guy got this or any other gig.

he looks like the golden globes bosses wished on a lamp for a monologue, and the only way the genie could think to make the wish go ironically wrong was to do a poo poo job himself

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Does mikes amusement at old people extend to people in old people makeup or do they need to be genuine old people?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Does mikes amusement at old people extend to people in old people makeup or do they need to be genuine old people?

The appearance and makeup can be fake, but the old people problems and physical deterioration must be genuine.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

trilobite terror posted:

IDK about Karl, but Steve's fine.

Karl was calling Rosa Parks a lazy criminal and Anne Frank a selfish squatter back in the day. Any cancelling of him will be retroactive.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

Karl was calling Rosa Parks a lazy criminal and Anne Frank a selfish squatter back in the day. Any cancelling of him will be retroactive.

There is no proof that Karl is actually self aware and he’s just following his manc monkey programming

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endless Trash posted:

:lmao: yeah for real

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watching "Rome" for the first time since it aired and my god does this whip rear end

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Rinkles posted:

L O L

(I wouldn't have guessed the show was shot for 4:3 originally)

Outta my way, I gotta jerk it!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

juggalo baby coffin posted:

he looks like the golden globes bosses wished on a lamp for a monologue, and the only way the genie could think to make the wish go ironically wrong was to do a poo poo job himself

It was weird they decided to go with a standup at the last minute, but if they were going to go with a standup, why Jo Koy of all people. He's not a terrible comedian, but just the absolute middle of the road, nothing unique to say, maybe get a few chuckles at best out of his set type of comedian. Of course they would go with a "safe" pick, but they picked the safest snoozefest of a comedian possible.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

dreezy posted:

even adam eget would do better

Even in these times you can’t have a holocaust denier on hosting duties.

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
Or someone who used to jerk off punks under the Queensboro bridge...

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

sure okay posted:

The Ebert review of AI is one of the first of his I'd ever read and I came upon it shortly after my first watch. This has always stuck with me

I see movies like the Creator and I go, "That's just an advanced toaster." I would kick that kid like a Boston Dynamics robot, and really how can anyone claim the two are all that different?

It's also why I like Ex Machina quite a lot. That movie gets AI - how the average rube will get their lives changed (ruined) by it, but also how it's still just code with code bugs.

I really liked how balanced the ambiguity of Ava's personhood was. Even though I accepted her as a person by the end, there's still that "is she really?" question lingering.
AI on the other hand has no ambiguity. Haley Joel Osment is the POV character and he consistently acts like a human child. If you cut out the few scenes where we see he's not physically flesh and blood (like falling in the pool), you would have no reason to think he wasn't a human kid in an appalling situation. What kind of monster would kick little Haley Joel Osment?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
one of the transformer movies has john malkovich try to fight bumblebee

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kdrudy posted:

Is Sofia Boutella any good in anything?

No, she's dire

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
During my SVU rewatch Ezra Miller's name popped up during the opening credits like a jump scare

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Dijkstracula posted:

couldn't sleep last night so I rewatched Best of the Worst: LA Wars, Unmasking the Idol, and Robowoman and between "people turned into moist-rear end cakes" and "what if... each ninja's style... is bred to theve a different ore" it's safe to say that Drunk Tim let out some certifiable bangers in his day

also lol at Robowoman being set in the dystopian nightmare future of 2024 A.D.

He always cracks me up with the "Maybe these are said ~La Wars~"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

billymumphrey posted:

Or someone who used to jerk off punks under the Queensboro bridge...

Decent price for the service though, good head for business

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1744361128220627273?s=46&t=wNf75G2WiIjbMjBMYW-m7Q

I don't loving know what to say.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

At least I know what to keep an eye out for and keep out of my algorithm.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Good ideas for a 25th anniversary:

An amazing 4k restoration digital/disc release
New cast and crew interviews and commentary tracks
Heavy promotion on HBO/Max

Zaslav's idea: thousands of tiktok videos

gently caress that guy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jose Oquendo posted:

Good ideas for a 25th anniversary:

An amazing 4k restoration digital/disc release
New cast and crew interviews and commentary tracks
Heavy promotion on HBO/Max

Zaslav's idea: thousands of tiktok videos

gently caress that guy.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvpZx7eLD3o

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Peacock’s Polyamorous Dating Show ‘Couple to Throuple’ Teases Threesomes and ‘Uncontrollable Boners’ in Steamy Trailer

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/couple-to-throuple-dating-show-peacock-trailer-1235865917/

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Peacock living up to the promise of its name

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

the way you know all reality tv is fake is that all the people in that poly show appear to be attractive people.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Jose Oquendo posted:

the way you know all reality tv is fake is that all the people in that poly show appear to be attractive people.

lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Brutal and accurate

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I truly think zaslav is one of the most evil people to ever live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
with a name like a batman villain you would hope so!