Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

nawilo_420 posted:

Ah yes, the propaganda that farmers are poor workers who are feeding the nation and just trying to get by is another thing that happened in the netherlands, when in fact they are actually hugely wealthy enterprises who export 80% of their product lol

In general, I am pro labour organizing. If you do a job that is essential enough that you can collectively withhold production for better pay and conditions and have a massive impact, good for you. If you're not earning 300k€+ clacking away at your keyboard job and you're upset that farmers are, then maybe you should think about organizing yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

breadshaped posted:

In general, I am pro labour organizing. If you do a job that is essential enough that you can collectively withhold production for better pay and conditions and have a massive impact, good for you. If you're not earning 300k€+ clacking away at your keyboard job and you're upset that farmers are, then maybe you should think about organizing yourself.

In the case of these protests it's more small business owners and maybe larger corporations but I'm not actually sure if these are involved directly or just pushing stuff in the background. No idea if the actual farm workers are taking part in this tbh.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
https://x.com/punicaDE/status/1744407719707103490?s=20

Zwille fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 9, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Multi-millionaire land-owners are not labour. The labour they exploit does not own much and was entirely unrepresented.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Antigravitas posted:

Multi-millionaire land-owners are not labour. The labour they exploit does not own much and was entirely unrepresented.

~75% of the farm labour force are holders of land and the family of holders. If you break down the actual work units then the expended hours of holders and family drops closer to ~66%.

So yeah screw the landowners and agribusiness giants that exploit unlanded workers for profits that aren't shared but I think characterizing most farmers as some managerial layabout who does nothing on the backs of an exploited underclass is probably also not accurate.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

breadshaped posted:

They are not withholding production though cause nobody would care about that. There are massive overcapacities/overproduction of landwirtschaftliche Produkte(hence the extreme Preiskampf and Kleinbetriebe closing left and right and the government literally begging and paying Betriebe to produce less). At some point we gotta be able to have a discussion, as a society, whether we really still need to have two Kohleschaufler positions on each Elektrolock or if we can maybe get rid of at least one of them. But even broaching this topic gets so much vitriol. It's insane how much ~der edle Kleinbauer~ is idealized in this country.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I hope they keep going for a while because taz has been on a roll: "Bauernopfer" (when Habeck got chased back on the Fähre) and "Bauer to the people" (about the protests)

lmfao https://taz.de/static/pdf/seite1.pdf

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

:yeshaha:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/FalkoRoesch/status/1744562340593348785

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

They are not withholding production though cause nobody would care about that. There are massive overcapacities/overproduction of landwirtschaftliche Produkte(hence the extreme Preiskampf and Kleinbetriebe closing left and right and the government literally begging and paying Betriebe to produce less). At some point we gotta be able to have a discussion, as a society, whether we really still need to have two Kohleschaufler positions on each Elektrolock or if we can maybe get rid of at least one of them. But even broaching this topic gets so much vitriol. It's insane how much ~der edle Kleinbauer~ is idealized in this country.

Yeah, one fundamental issue is that agriculture just doesn't work very well in a (first-world) market economy these days. Agricultural products are not meaningfully scarce (which is generally a good thing), so it's fairly difficult to make a profit the "normal" way. But it's still probably a good idea to maintain a decent agricultural capacity locally rather than relying on imports, which is why the sector is getting pumped full of subsidies so it can continue to exist.

So yeah, one conversation should be about whether we should just loving nationalise the whole thing. But that's not gonna happen in the foreseeable future, so they'll keep trying to hammer that square peg into a round hole.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Zwille posted:

I hope they keep going for a while because taz has been on a roll: "Bauernopfer" (when Habeck got chased back on the Fähre) and "Bauer to the people" (about the protests)

lmfao https://taz.de/static/pdf/seite1.pdf

Postillon covered that angle already. Plagiarism. Many such cases.

Bonus:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Did anyone come up with Stall-kaida yet?

I'd like to claim that one.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did anyone come up with Stall-kaida yet?

I'd like to claim that one.

Nett.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Trekkkerfahrer/Trekkkies

there’s been online posts about the Kartoffel-Kalifat, Dinkel-dschihad, Hafer-Hamas and uhhhh Gülle-Guerilla as well

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

German Linke decided to go for the feeling smug victory only it turns out that there's no such thing and now every single position of physical and cultural power in this country is held by some flavor of right winger and all even broadly speaking leftist parties combined stand at 30% of the vote in polls and all the left can do is make a clever TAZ headline about it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I thought we had 2 to 3 Legislaturperioden left until the nazis openly ruled again. Not so sure anymore after the last year.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

aphid_licker posted:

German Linke decided to go for the feeling smug victory only it turns out that there's no such thing and now every single position of physical and cultural power in this country is held by some flavor of right winger and all even broadly speaking leftist parties combined stand at 30% of the vote in polls and all the left can do is make a clever TAZ headline about it.

yeah speaking very broadly here. are you including bündnis 90 die grüne in those 30%

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Hopper posted:

Yeah, I thought we had 2 to 3 Legislaturperioden left until the nazis openly ruled again. Not so sure anymore after the last year.

I'm sure time travelers will arrive any day now and prevent the worst from happening

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Looking forward to a repeat of the 1930's and 1940's in the next decades. Only this time America and Russia will be fascist too. Cool.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

yeah getting kind of on the nose here

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/...n-11026519.html

quote:

Die bundesweite Rechtsfront trifft sich in Potsdam: Villa mit Seezugang – wo AfD, Maaßen, Identitäre und Compact Pläne aushecken
In Brandenburg hat sich ein Hotspot für Prominenz von Rechtsaußen und deren Geldgeber etabliert. Jetzt sollen sie bei einem Geheimtreffen am Lehnitzsee die Vertreibung von Millionen Migranten aus Deutschland beraten haben.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

good haul to be had in my street right now, pm for details

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

nawilo_420 posted:

Where's the Faxgerät?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

nawilo_420 posted:

Why is your school throwing out a perfectly good overhead projector?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

genericnick posted:

Where's the Faxgerät?

still in use 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👌

a OHP would be kinda cool but the lamp is probably shot. funny how the most valuable thing right now is the palette

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Snag up the Overhead Projektor to beam dicks on your neigbour's wall and claim it is some kind of hipster art installation about the profanity of landlordship

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Hopper posted:

Snag up the Overhead Projektor to beam dicks on your neigbour's wall and claim it is some kind of hipster art installation about the profanity of landlordship

You need Klarsichtfolien for that and nobody knows where to get those

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

modulor duhhhhh

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Grendels Dad posted:

work?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

Since it will be a one use application, might as well save the environment at the same time and just draw the dick on the projector surface with an Edding.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Grendels Dad posted:

Some 30 years ago we had a 800x600x256c color panel that you put on top of the OHP.
High tech made by Pelikan, I think.
I might even have its case sitting in the basement somewhere.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Aix posted:

yeah speaking very broadly here. are you including bündnis 90 die grüne in those 30%

Ngl it's kinda hilarious that the party that is the number one Feindbild and punching bag of all chuds still fails the purity test for you.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

Ngl it's kinda hilarious that the party that is the number one Feindbild and punching bag of all chuds still fails the purity test for you.

Hartz aber wahr

genericnick fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 10, 2024

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
yeah the grünen are about as leftist as the spd, i.e not in any meaningful sense of the word. they are equally embarrassing centrists

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

:byodood: DiE GrÜnEn :byodood: are the closest to a functional left party Germany has, and that's depressing.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Mit dem Angriff Wagenknechts wird das alles in Ordnung kommen

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

aphid_licker posted:

Mit dem Angriff Wagenknechts wird das alles in Ordnung kommen

Literally, for the Nazis, considering the first sound bite plastered everywhere out of her new party was "only 1 % of all so called refugees get granted asylum status due to German law [ignoring that 69% or so are receiving protection status under EU law] , cut all of the money and give it to real germans".

I am so looking forward to the pogroms after the Bundestagswahl! At least we will still stand for Israels right to genocide whomever they please!

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Related:

https://correctiv.org/aktuelles/neue-rechte/2024/01/10/geheimplan-remigration-vertreibung-afd-rechtsextreme-november-treffen/

Sounds like bad news for unpatriotic posters in this here thread, they'll be losing their citizenship (at the very least nawilo is going to lose his Hollandrad according to historical precedence)

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Leitkultur.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Spice World War II posted:

Related:

https://correctiv.org/aktuelles/neue-rechte/2024/01/10/geheimplan-remigration-vertreibung-afd-rechtsextreme-november-treffen/

Sounds like bad news for unpatriotic posters in this here thread, they'll be losing their citizenship (at the very least nawilo is going to lose his Hollandrad according to historical precedence)

The only surprising thing about this is the involvement of Hans im Glück and Pottsalat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Nazis will see this and just think "Heil Yeah!".