Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Today in "things it would be impossible to explain you saw on the way home without coming off as an insane antisemite":

https://twitter.com/FrumTikTok/status/1744521634826854482?s=20

And context? (Still inexplicable)

https://twitter.com/FrumTikTok/status/1744495536462328078?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

wait so those Jewish religious schools that NYC funds that make students stupider also have secret tunnels underneath them?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Today in "things it would be impossible to explain you saw on the way home without coming off as an insane antisemite":

https://twitter.com/FrumTikTok/status/1744521634826854482?s=20

https://twitter.com/FrumTikTok/status/1744495536462328078?s=20

A religious community attempted a cheeky illegal building expansion by digging a tunnel? I don't think it's a particularly insane and/or anti-Semitic thing to report on and explain. There are legitimate insane anti-Semites in replies, though, lol.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

It's not inexplicable: https://forward.com/fast-forward/575528/arrests-at-chabad-770-secret-tunnel/

Basically a small offset of Jews who believe this one particular dead rebbe is the messiah (if you're in NYC you might have seen the stickers that are posted everywhere about how Menachem Mendel Schneerson is coming back) have been kind of squatting at the Chabad and secretly digging tunnels to expand it out under and around the block and destabilized a bunch of buildings above in the process. They're not actually the same group that runs the Chabad and are mainly from Israel so no one knows how the gently caress this happened (but they'll probably get off scott free, lol). That's probably why they were fine with destroying everything to keep the NYPD out, it's not their house so gently caress it

change my name has issued a correction as of 15:54 on Jan 9, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Paladinus posted:

A religious community attempted a cheeky illegal building expansion by digging a tunnel? I don't think it's a particularly insane and/or anti-Semitic thing to report on and explain. There are legitimate insane anti-Semites in replies, though, lol.

I think they meant if you came home and said you saw a Hasidic guy climb out of a sewer grate like a ninja turtle, people might think you were being anti-semitic

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

The thing thats impossible to explain would be "An extremely obvious Hasidic Jew popped up out of a sewer tunnel and scurried away, wordlessly"

Imagine explaining that to people without video proof.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I think they meant if you came home and said you saw a Hasidic guy climb out of a sewer grate like a ninja turtle, people might think you were being anti-semitic

that xfiles episode where the men in black are setting up deliberately absurd scenarios to prevent anyone talking about them

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zodium posted:

that xfiles episode where the men in black are setting up deliberately absurd scenarios to prevent anyone talking about them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzEVRappRC0

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Zodium posted:

I just started replaying Control and had forgotten that as soon as you get to the comms department you find a voice memo that's like "haha yeah of course Havana Syndrome isn't real, what a great cover story", hope that poo poo gets ramped up 10x for the sequel

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Do you watch a lot of snuff videos op

it's not snuff, she was rescued and was even happily celebrating at the end

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gripweed posted:

I don't know, out of context I would have thought he dropped his phone there or something.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://x.com/ClassicStrips/status/1744737961680511168?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mantis42 posted:

it's not snuff, she was rescued and was even happily celebrating at the end

it's just the way you specified "non-fatal stuck video" as if your default stuck videos were fatal so you needed to specify this is one where the girl doesn't die

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I've watched this a dozen times and it's wild how quickly this trapped man swings from nearly losing his loving mind in front of a group of mostly strangers to realizing that he cannot lose his mind because he's being filmed by six different people.

the only reason this video is as funny as it is is because it's at a wedding where nobody wants to make a bigger scene than is already being made.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You also said she got stuck behind the lockers while trying to twerk, as if that explained how she got stuck behind the lockers when it really doesn't at all. If anything it raises more questions.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I've watched this a dozen times and it's wild how quickly this trapped man swings from nearly losing his loving mind in front of a group of mostly strangers to realizing that he cannot lose his mind because he's being filmed by six different people.

the only reason this video is as funny as it is is because it's at a wedding where nobody wants to make a bigger scene than is already being made.

Someone keeps saying "it's an HR issue" so this is probably a company Christmas party.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Jose Chung's Havana Syndrome

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

sewer hasids, cracker urns, stripper lockers - there's a real theme going on here

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Speleothing posted:

Someone keeps saying "it's an HR issue" so this is probably a company Christmas party.

oh yeah that makes sense too. same vibe where nobody is going to risk looking like a bigger dipshit than the guy in the urn.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I would LOVE to have something like that happen at my wedding.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Gripweed posted:

it's just the way you specified "non-fatal stuck video" as if your default stuck videos were fatal so you needed to specify this is one where the girl doesn't die

because the moment i mention someone getting stuck i know some goon will bring up nutty putty cave and that's a tired conversation

as for the twerking origin story, that's all the context provided by the original video description, i don't actually understand how the gently caress she got back there

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

y'all ever seen a Mario 64 speedrun? she was doing that thing on the Bowser stairs

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
ha! ha! ha-a-a-a-a-a-aa-a-a-a-a-a-a-aa

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Gripweed posted:

archaelogists gonna find that mf still stuck in the urn like one of those Buddhist mummies

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

ha! ha! ha-a-a-a-a-a-aa-a-a-a-a-a-a-aa

mercedes: wah! ho-ho!! yahoooo!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
when I was playing Mario 64 recently I like to pretend that Mario was screaming "YAKUB" instead "YAHOO"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

archaelogists gonna find that mf still stuck in the urn like one of those Buddhist mummies

"ah, he must have been for the pharoah's pleasure"

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Buck Wildman posted:

"We have determined that this Getting Over It cosplayer sacrificed himself in tribute to Bennett Foddy"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mantis42 posted:

because the moment i mention someone getting stuck i know some goon will bring up nutty putty cave and that's a tired conversation

as for the twerking origin story, that's all the context provided by the original video description, i don't actually understand how the gently caress she got back there

I don’t know what nutty putty cave is

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

my solution is to not get into urns while you're still alive

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

brother i got one foot in the urn

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/dunksdeux/status/1744740531647947029?s=20

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

haha I love Dr Seuss style nonsense words

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gripweed posted:

I don’t know what nutty putty cave is

It's an anus.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

change my name posted:

It's not inexplicable: https://forward.com/fast-forward/575528/arrests-at-chabad-770-secret-tunnel/

Basically a small offset of Jews who believe this one particular dead rebbe is the messiah (if you're in NYC you might have seen the stickers that are posted everywhere about how Menachem Mendel Schneerson is coming back) have been kind of squatting at the Chabad and secretly digging tunnels to expand it out under and around the block and destabilized a bunch of buildings above in the process. They're not actually the same group that runs the Chabad and are mainly from Israel so no one knows how the gently caress this happened (but they'll probably get off scott free, lol). That's probably why they were fine with destroying everything to keep the NYPD out, it's not their house so gently caress it

huh, side with these guys living out every 10 year old boy's dream or the property owners?

tough call

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i was expecting the musical artist macklemore instead of the joker

e: pic thread, may as well post the pic of maklemore

Eat This Glob has issued a correction as of 18:57 on Jan 9, 2024

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Today in "things it would be impossible to explain you saw on the way home without coming off as an insane antisemite"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Eat This Glob posted:

i was expecting the musical artist macklemore instead of the joker

e: pic thread, may as well post the pic of maklemore

if like me you're confused why ETG is posting what looks like a photoshop, it's real

https://www.thedailybeast.com/macklemore-the-grammy-winning-rapper-is-a-911-truther-who-likes-to-play-anti-semitic-dress-up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Macklemohel