Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I can't imagine Vrabel doesn't get hired somewhere else very easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://x.com/RomeovilleKid/status/1744736807236026402?s=20

Views:
Cocaine can cause a respiratory illness if you snort enough of it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm not the biggest Vrabel respecter but it kinda seems like he just...never got a very good roster? And the roster he did have for those playoff runs had mostly just atrophied and bled out the way a roster does?

Weird, weird choice. Don't see the Titans improving from that.

Also didn't Vrabel win a power struggle relatively recently? Weird to go from that to fired in like one or two years.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Titans don't seem like a very stable organization tbh.

Bears should really consider upgrading from the henchman to Vrabel.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kalli posted:

Hey, here's a new thing NFL's putting on highlights that sucks poo poo:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1744765987894006193

I dabble in the DFS stuff but would trade it in a heartbeat to never see a Kevin Hart Draft Kings commercial again

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

maybe they're making a play for Bobby Slowik or Ben Johnson

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Things went to poo poo in Tennessee when they traded away AJ Brown.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AndrewP posted:

maybe they're making a play for Bobby Slowik or Ben Johnson

I guess but what's attractive about that situation compared to Atlanta or LAC?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The best thing about the Titans situation was a stable and competent head coach. Why would a candidate with options choose Tennessee over Atlanta, Washington, or LAC?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

MJeff posted:

I guess but what's attractive about that situation compared to Atlanta or LAC?

Nashville seems like a great place to live.

And I'd say their QB situation is more promising than Atlanta's

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like, without Vrabel and with Henry seemingly moving on, how much better is Tennessee than Carolina?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
No surprise, but TJ Watt is out this weekend. Unfortunate since the Steelers front 7 could've probably uglied the game up enough to give them a chance with the rejuvenated offense. Not sure they can get enough pressure on Allen without TJ and the secondary definitely won't hold up for 60 minutes unless the shittiest version of Josh Allen shows up.

MJeff posted:

Like, without Vrabel and with Henry seemingly moving on, how much better is Tennessee than Carolina?

Definitely angling for a top 5 pick, but their second-year QB can throw the ball down the field and Tyjae Spears is a better play-maker than anyone Carolina has on offense.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 9, 2024

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

lol

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1744783081247047870

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

MJeff posted:

Also didn't Vrabel win a power struggle relatively recently? Weird to go from that to fired in like one or two years.

Not saying it's the case, but it's possible that even in winning a power struggle, it puts a bad taste in the ultimate decision maker's mouth where if further issues come up, they are more inclined to think "hmm, maybe I picked the wrong guy". Or even had the boss already decide "I'd rather not deal with either of these assholes, but I need to keep one for continuity" and they are just waiting for a good opportunityto pull the trigger.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Only now learning there's an owner named Strunk. I am loving this offseason

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

HC Vacancy QB power rankings:

1. Chargers - you have a franchise QB
2. Commanders - you have a top 2 pick
3. Titans - Will Levis isn't a surefire starter... but maybe?
4. Panthers - Bryce was bad but some HC might believe they can fix him. You still have Andy on contract
5. Falcons - Ridder isn't the dude
6. Raiders - *crickets*

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:hai:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:
https://x.com/RomeovilleKid/status/1744736807236026402?s=20

Views:
Cocaine can cause a respiratory illness if you snort enough of it.

I love how we're so far in denial that we can't even say Covid anymore

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Black Lighter posted:

I love how we're so far in denial that we can't even say Covid anymore

Covid's cured! It's no worse than the common cold! :pseudo:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I was out at breakfast and ESPN was on and the pac mcafee show. At least I think it was ESPN. Whatever. They had Aarod on and I was reading some of the subtitles and it hit me:

There are a lot of sportswriters that won't even vote for him for anything now. He's just so far gone. Spouting conspiracy theories and all sorts of poo poo. I know this is old news but man. What a way to burn your own good name to the ground.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

AndrewP posted:

6. Raiders - *crickets*

Davis is going to interview some people, but I think Pierce has the locker room, and actually won games, so he's a strong candidate to keep the job.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Titans don't seem like a very stable organization tbh.

Bears should really consider upgrading from the henchman to Vrabel.

didnt the owner step in and throw a shitfit when they discovered the FO was trying to trade henry? weird to stand behind the FO after that, unless it turns out it was vrabel that was trying to push the trade (which would itself be odd)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wandler20 posted:

Things went to poo poo in Tennessee when they traded away AJ Brown.

absolutely

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Better for the other thread

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

News: Andrew Catalon just reminded me via commercial that the Super Bowl will also be telecast on Nickelodeon this year.

Views: :hellyeah: gimme those Super Bowl Slime Cannons

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Cthulu Carl posted:

News: Andrew Catalon just reminded me via commercial that the Super Bowl will also be telecast on Nickelodeon this year.

Views: :hellyeah: gimme those Super Bowl Slime Cannons

This is the important news I come to TFF for.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

davecrazy posted:

Advanced stat talk is my favorite stat talk.

Actually your find that per Adjusted Average Expected Ground and Air Yards Per Attempt Deliniated Per Game Average that Daniel Jones is actually a good quarterback and Tom Brady kind of sucks.

I'm gonna call you out on this - I demand you to find stats that invariably prove that Daniel Jones is a better quarterback than Tom Brady.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

AndrewP posted:

6. Raiders - *crickets*

Their defense seemed pretty good the times I paid attention to the team? Which admittedly is not a ton but anyway. Also Crosby is incredible. But I have no idea if lots of dudes on that defense are FAs next year or something

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Also I don't know how much is due to rivalry but I dreaded the Ravens playing the Titans all the time Vrabel was there, not sure it will be the case moving forward

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Oh I was specifically ranking each team’s QB situation. I’d probably put the Panthers last in terms of overall situation. Especially considering Tepper will probably hire someone based on how loudly they promise they can fix Bryce Young,

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

AndrewP posted:

Oh I was specifically ranking each team’s QB situation.

Then I'd still rate the Raiders higher. O'Connell shows a lot of promise. Give him a starter's reps in the offseason under a competent offensive staff and he should turn out to be at least competent if not actually good.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

AndrewP posted:

Oh I was specifically ranking each team’s QB situation. I’d probably put the Panthers last in terms of overall situation. Especially considering Tepper will probably hire someone based on how loudly they promise they can fix Bryce Young,

I'm loving blind and didn't see the "QB" right at the start of the post, or noticed all teams mentioned their QB. good lord

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Grittybeard posted:

I know no one who isn't a Chiefs fan is cheering for this but it's still not impossible it seems.

Almost every single game they lost they hosed up real bad, like more than normal just 'poo poo happens' stuff. But there is no reason to believe they will stop doing this with the offensive players on the roster is the thing, so...yeah, just a roll of the dice it seems to me. And I don't even know if we have an idea yet of who will be playing OT on either side against the Dolphins at the moment.

The Pats lost I believe 8 one score games this year. They were all “competitive” because most of the league is competitive. But that’s what bad teams do, they are competitive and yet still lose.

What I’m saying is the Chiefs are a suck bag team just not as much as the Pats. Congrats.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/NFLonFOX/status/1744837492879040741?s=20

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kirios posted:

I'm gonna call you out on this - I demand you to find stats that invariably prove that Daniel Jones is a better quarterback than Tom Brady.

If you're a good quarterback but you're alone eating strawberries in the forest and no one can see you, are you truly a good quarterback or just some guy eating strawberries?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

At least we won our last one :911:

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i literally never would have guessed that the Washington Footballs have been to the playoffs way more recently than the Broncos

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

epic bacon posted:

i literally never would have guessed that the Washington Footballs have been to the playoffs way more recently than the Broncos

They were 7-9 and won the NFC East, so pretty easy to forget :v:

They put up a modest fight but were stomped out by Brady

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kalli posted:

They were 7-9 and won the NFC East :v:

Is that the year the Eagles pulled their QB to screw someone else over and it became a whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

epic bacon posted:

How soon we forget the Tom Brady - Taylor Heinicke dual.