Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drax and Peter's conversation is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

site posted:

the guardians of the galaxy game is free on epic for today only
Small note: It's free for a week - till the 11th! No excuse not to get it. I played it on gamepass and really loved it too.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I really, really hated Peter’s voice actor. He sounded way to Canadian

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

He didn't bother me, but the voice for Tony Stark in the other Marvel games just bugs me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Meanwhile I never want Michael Jai White to not voice Blade

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
That photoshoot they did of MJW in the costume made me want that movie so badly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But Black Dynamite, I suck blood from the community!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:eyepop:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The one thing I don't like about Midnight Suns is when it says you unlocked an outfit but you didn't actually, you still have to buy it with Gloss.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I remember people being very upset indeed about Carol's hair being too short when it was taken from McKelvie's original revamp design. Also Nico's hair because sidecuts are political, I guess.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

But Black Dynamite, I suck blood from the community!

:perfect:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

the sound i made

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Civil War two should’ve been an argument instead of an event

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Waffleman_ posted:

the sound i made

yeah magik really photobombed you there

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It might just be the period of Runaways I was was most familiar with but Nico came across as a bit more hard in the game than I remembered

She must've gone through some real poo poo in the post-Vaughn runs

Although part of that might just be the difficulty in rendering really elaborate multi-textured mall goth outfits in the X-Com engine or something

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

It might just be the period of Runaways I was was most familiar with but Nico came across as a bit more hard in the game than I remembered

She must've gone through some real poo poo in the post-Vaughn runs

Although part of that might just be the difficulty in rendering really elaborate multi-textured mall goth outfits in the X-Com engine or something

She feels about right for the Rowell run.

Codependent Poster posted:

Drax and Peter's conversation is so good

The game's version of Quill is so much better than the MCU version it's not funny. Like, they both start with the same LOL-manchild base, but Pratt never really grows beyond that. Game Peter definitely is more than that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

The game's version of Quill is so much better than the MCU version it's not funny. Like, they both start with the same LOL-manchild base, but Pratt never really grows beyond that. Game Peter definitely is more than that.

Yeah, Peter gets to struggle with psuedo-fatherhood (or at least the potential) and making Gamora his best friend instead of his love interest is also a great move.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
God I miss the comic book version of Star Lord we had before they basically turned him into the Chris Pratt version. I think Ewing did a lot to fix that in the second most recent Guardians of the Galaxy series, we'll see if it sticks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
IGN has a hands-on preview of Suicide Squad, but this screenshot tells me everyting I need

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1744757003829068031

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Riddler puzzles too?

This game is so dead on release

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I read the Game Informer preview this morning and it started with a whole paragraph about how the game has just not been looking good, then ends with "I'm still kinda worried about the live service poo poo but it functions"

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah even previews for it, which are usually universally positive, are couching their coverage with a sort of "I dunno guys" tint.

One I read had the director of the game saying "we know the initial response to the game wasn't as positive as we'd hoped it'd be. Tbh we kinda expected it because it's not Batman" and obviously, he can't say the real reason the response was bad, cause the type of game they've decided to make has basically been revealed to be mostly guaranteed to be an utter failure. It's just striking that he's feeling the need to even address that the response to the game reveal was bad when he's showing it to places AND that outlets are choosing to quote that because usually they just wouldn't.

With how bloodthirsty Warner Bros have been of late, I'd be a bit worried if I was a Rocksteady employee. If this game doesn't hit the way a lot of these live service games also haven't hit, it could be on the chopping block very quickly and it's not like they'll be able to pivot onto another project quickly unless they've secretly got a whole other game quietly chugging along.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/GreatCheshire/status/1744754250498920473?t=oc4kOXVdeLelsftvVLiW_A&s=19

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
OK I'm glad I wasn't just out of touch and forgetting a bunch of times where similar things have happened. I'm sure it has but never this universally I feel.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

lol Riddler puzzles too?

This game is so dead on release

The riddler puzzle is a fake out. he was sent in with a different squad and is dead.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Mr Hootington posted:

The riddler puzzle is a fake out. he was sent in with a different squad and is dead.

Wow they are really burning the arkham series to ashes and pissing on them

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wow they are really burning the arkham series to ashes and pissing on them

There are a bunch of "leaks" that have been claimed to be true and false for months now. This preview showed that a number of them were true and a bunch labeled as "false" are still up in the air.

Lmao at the ign video revealing Luthor gets ganked almost immediately. this is one of the leaks that was claimed to be false.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
ngl as someone who binged the Arkham games years after the series had finished they had the exact same tone. Dark to the point of being absolutely ridiculous but also completely serious about itself.

mycot fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 9, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Lmao at the weapons having sets based on heroes and villains because you are scavenging from their equipment that was left behind when they died.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Seems thr ign video was taken down and reuploaded. I can't find the Lex being killed part. they showed a cinematic that had lex in his green battlesuit talking to the squad when suddenly some hits him blowing off his head and left side of his torso. cuts to the squad looking on in shock.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao at the weapons having sets based on heroes and villains because you are scavenging from their equipment that was left behind when they died.

Man I don't like that.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
This is some Tales From the Dark Multiverse bullshit. Is Tempus Fugenaught going to show up at the end to recruit whatever surviving SS member there is onto his Dark (Not) Justice League?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh the IGN preview said they were in so along with that screenshot I imagined they were keeping terrible parts in.

So it's all new terrible stuff.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man I don't like that.

It may or may not be true, but if you pause the videos on the mod chip screen you can see icons that are related to various heroes and villains

Oh the IGN preview said they were in so along with that screenshot I imagined they were keeping terrible parts in.

one of the leaks said it is 1 riddler trophy and you find him dead next to it. it could be wrong. :shrug:

Edit: I really want to know how much of the leaks are true or not at this point.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 9, 2024

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He said they were in, but that he didn't do any of them.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Didn't a bunch of the Rocksteady leads quit a while ago? I wonder if they're actually actively working on a new game or if they're waiting to see what heads roll at the studio to see if they can hoover up some ex-coworkers at a discounted price

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The two co-founders left I believe, at the end of 2022 which at the time would have been a few months before launch.

Don't think I recall seeing any "we've set up a new company and are seeking funding" kind of announcements. They may actually have just ducked out of the industry for a bit.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I thought the game was bad, but it's just going down the hill and rolling in a tire fire.

Just wow. How many years we waited for Rocksteady's next game?

And it's this?

yeah.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just looked at that failed Avengers game and went

"Yes, that's it, we should do that but with the Suicide Squad!"
"But better?"
"Did I stutter?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU