Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Poppers posted:

human being: the Gathering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Poppers posted:

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Poppers posted:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

I believe that blackpantslegion is SomethingAwful allumni (at least j4g) therefore I will not go jihad against trad games. But lmao it's full of crazies. Magic The Gathering thread was a TOXIC hive that should have gotten the Blizlols treatment.

Oh really? Cool, that one guy makes chill videos and one of these days I'll sit down and let him redpill me on Battletech lore

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

how did the blizzlols thread get so bad

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

goon

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

same way as every mockthread, I assume

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I am sure that, following the trajectory of every mockthread, they got wound up into a hyperbolic tizzy over everything and if someone said they were going overboard they were accused of being a blizzard-loving chud

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

*spartacus voice* I am a Blizzard loving chud

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Srice posted:

same way as every mockthread, I assume

The thing is that it didn't run out of terrible things to hate. New mock worthy release came out one after another. But doing that for so long fried brains. There was a hypocritical paypig vibe because people went to the thread to hear about the games they hate while having WoW on the second monitor.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

At some point you need to stop playing the game or else the mocking just becomes sad. They never stopped

speng31b
May 8, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

The thing is that it didn't run out of terrible things to hate. New mock worthy release came out one after another. But doing that for so long fried brains. There was a hypocritical paypig vibe because people went to the thread to hear about the games they hate while having WoW on the second monitor.

long lived mock threads always find a way to run the content well dry even if the content itself doesnt run out...its a sort of reverse miracle

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

i tried to gas it years ago homie

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

speng31b posted:

long lived mock threads always find a way to run the content well dry even if the content itself doesnt run out...its a sort of reverse miracle

aye

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
blizzlol ik apparently begged jeff to close the cspam ukraine thread lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gumball Gumption posted:

At some point you need to stop playing the game or else the mocking just becomes sad. They never stopped

Yeah, exactly. Like I had grievances with D3, Hearthstone, and Classic WoW. Everyone should have. So I just didn't buy Diablo Immortal or D4.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

tristeham posted:

yeah he was one of the ones that rolled in to tell everyone in the thread they needed to die

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tristeham posted:

Lmaooooooooi

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

I remember seeing folks have strong takes on Diablo 4 patch notes and at that point it's like, whining about stuff that only matters if you're super into the game.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

tristeham posted:

lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
idk when it was but i was trying to wrangle a really stupid / annoying qcs thread with a bunch of the stupidest mother fuckers in the world. going thru it i thoughjt "who the gently caress are these peop[le?? where do they come from???" and they were blizzlolz people. then i read the thread and was sickened by what i saw....

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

KirbyKhan posted:

Yeah, exactly. Like I had grievances with D3, Hearthstone, and Classic WoW. Everyone should have. So I just didn't buy Diablo Immortal or D4.

Srice posted:

I remember seeing folks have strong takes on Diablo 4 patch notes and at that point it's like, whining about stuff that only matters if you're super into the game.

I saw quite a few people bitching nonstop about D4 pre-release and then immediately shifted to talking about playing the game once it was out

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
blillzlolz WOKES "hate reading" this thread, i see you, and this is what i have to say 2 u: 🖕

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I liked playing as a witch doctor and throwing jars of spiders at people

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

my_custom_username posted:

I saw quite a few people bitching nonstop about D4 pre-release and then immediately shifted to talking about playing the game once it was out

yea, I remember seeing someone brag about how they had over 100 hours in the game just so that they could properly talk about how bad the game is (definitely an excuse, they were loving every minute of it)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Buck Wildman posted:

I liked playing as a witch doctor and throwing jars of spiders at people

d3 was bad and d4 was mid cept the cinematics were tight. d3 had some cool cutscenes too i guess, the heaven ones were cool - very shiny

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

speng31b posted:

yeah he was one of the ones that rolled in to tell everyone in the thread they needed to die

He was right

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm a normal gamer so I bought D4 at launch to play with some friends. Had a decent time of it, will return to it someday when they've made it better just like how D3 became so much better a year or two after launch.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont understand why the stupid numbers are so big in d4. OH LOOK I HIT FOR ONE TRILLION. stupid.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Srice posted:

yea, I remember seeing someone brag about how they had over 100 hours in the game just so that they could properly talk about how bad the game is (definitely an excuse, they were loving every minute of it)

I hate it when people do that, why invest that much time in something you think is a bad product?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this is from the FIRST 1.10 D2 ladder in 2003:

READ IT N WEEP

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I hate it when people do that, why invest that much time in something you think is a bad product?

agreed. it's one thing if it's not immediately apparent but a bunch of folks were definitely going into it convinced it'd be the worst thing ever.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Smythe posted:

i dont understand why the stupid numbers are so big in d4. OH LOOK I HIT FOR ONE TRILLION. stupid.

This was a big thing in WoW, the power levels got so ridiculous over the expansions till about Warlords of Draenor where they had to squish all the stats because the numbers were getting comically huge. A lot of people got mad when it happened

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sometimes i remember & lol @ this post:

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

OP, mewling]: "im concerned about a violent radicalized culture festering in CSPAM, somewhere probably"

extremely badass Games poster]: The owner of Something Awful should be executed

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i remember one time trying to find a lets play of starcraft to watch because i wanted to remember the story but all of the ones i could find were just guys bitching about the game (while spending untold hours making completionist LP videos). very strange behavior.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

This was a big thing in WoW, the power levels got so ridiculous over the expansions till about Warlords of Draenor where they had to squish all the stats because the numbers were getting comically huge. A lot of people got mad when it happened

its so stupid

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

speng31b posted:

remember that one guy who got permabanned for swooping into the ukraine therad to brag about his kill count and wish death on all the children of cspam posters

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Smythe posted:

sometimes i remember & lol @ this post:

the edit to the op of that thread really is something else

copy
Jul 26, 2007

tristeham posted:

speng31b posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

ukraine war style of poster was epic