Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

I find it difficult to not see Trump's 24/7 lashing out and desperate attacks against everyone and everything to NOT be a portent of doom for America as a whole. You really can't walk back from this. When your country elects someone who refuses to even pretend that he's not above the law, whose sole goal in life is enriching himself to the detriment of other people, the concept of law, and the institution of American politics, and (most of) them are screaming, raging, pounding on windows demanding to be allowed to do so again, I think it's pretty bleak.

Where do we go from here?

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hazo posted:

If presidents aren’t immune to crimes, they might hesitate to commit crimes!!!

If presidents aren't immune to crimes, how is Trump supposed to be the crime president

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TRUMP: The AI photoshopped me onto Epstein's island.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

nine-gear crow posted:

Thank god AI isn't there yet, no way Trump could pull this claim off currently.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Trump swore an Oath to defend, protect and support his own rear end

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Grey Cat posted:

Thank god AI isn't there yet, no way Trump could pull this claim off currently.

about that...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Shishkahuben posted:

Well, we probably shouldn't elect him for one. He's currently facing 91 felony charges, so convicting him for some of those is probably step two.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Trump swore an Oath to defend, protect and support his own rear end

Isn't that what the diaper is for?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

OMFG FURRY posted:

about that...

Nah it still sucks, perspective and scale makes no sense and suddenly changes for no reason, shadows are inconsistent as hell, they could easily be debunked current year.

Unless you had a different point but I wouldn't be surprised to see them try in court at least.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Asterite34 posted:

Isn't that what the diaper is for?

So those are the Oathkeepers I've been hearing so much about

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Whatever happened to the trump in a diaper balloon?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is he really going with "those flight logs that show me on Epstein's plane are AI generated"?
Jesus loving christ

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Is he really going with "those flight logs that show me on Epstein's plane are AI generated"?
Jesus loving christ

This is the least surprising development.

Him taking over the emerging concept of Fake News as his own was one of his greatest success. Of course he was going to jump on the AI blame train sooner or later.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Jesus loving christ

It's getting harder and harder to discern what's real and what's AI, frank. The future is now. For all you know, I could be AI.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
people don't even understand what 'AI generated' really means, they just think the AI can make anything. I work in VFX, we had a client two years ago give us footage of a guy speaking at an event, and then audio of a second speech at a totally different event, and wanting us to take the footage of the first speech and make him saying the second speech. So basically, no one had shot footage of him making the second speech, and they wanted us to retrofit this earlier footage into looking like they'd filmed it as the second speech. They figured based on what they'd seen of deepfakes, this would be a piece of cake, cheap and easy. Just deepfake it then 'clean up' the deepfake, how hard could it be???

Lol they were not ready for what the price tag of that was actually going to be lol they ended up going with an edit of random footage over the speech

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol: It's also something he knows the chuds wont even attempt to understand for themselves. The Truth is whatever Donny says. Fake News otherwise!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

2024's "This is AI" just not as catchy as 2016's "FAKE NEWS"

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Shishkahuben posted:

I find it difficult to not see Trump's lashing out and desperate attacks against everyone and everything to NOT be a portent of doom for America as a whole. You really can't walk back from this. When your country elects someone who refuses to even pretend that he's not above the law, whose sole goal in life is enriching himself to the detriment of other people, the concept of law, and the institution of American politics, and (most of) them are screaming, raging, pounding on windows demanding to be allowed to do so again, I think it's pretty bleak.

I'm just kinda waiting patiently for him to poo poo himself to death

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Frank Frank posted:

Jesus loving christ

Nah, it's specifically about Mark Ruffalo posting obvious AI pictures of Trump with underage girls, and then publicly apologizing for posting it. The right are using it as a gotcha.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Why would you need AI to generate a text document? :lol:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bottom Liner posted:

Why would you need AI to generate a text document? :lol:

I thought the point was pictures of him on location.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Shishkahuben posted:

I find it difficult to not see Trump's lashing out and desperate attacks against everyone and everything to NOT be a portent of doom for America as a whole. You really can't walk back from this. When your country elects someone who refuses to even pretend that he's not above the law, whose sole goal in life is enriching himself to the detriment of other people, the concept of law, and the institution of American politics, and (most of) them are screaming, raging, pounding on windows demanding to be allowed to do so again, I think it's pretty bleak.

yeah, for those reasons and the fact that the republican party is 100% white/christian-grievance-based, I'm very pessimistic.

A shockingly large chunk of the country would rather inflict pain than elevate even themselves. There are about a million canaries in the coal mine at this point. the various state-level trans and lgbtq+ persecution bills, the criminalization of pregnancy -- this poo poo isn't a goofy hypothetical. It's now.

People need to loving vote cuz we're teetering

sorry for doomering

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If someone else a little different than me is suffering more, it’s like I’m not suffering at all

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Grey Cat posted:

Nah it still sucks, perspective and scale makes no sense and suddenly changes for no reason, shadows are inconsistent as hell, they could easily be debunked current year.

Unless you had a different point but I wouldn't be surprised to see them try in court at least.

its the same trick with bodycam footage video games, which have an expected loss in quality that is very easy for image generators to mimic

video at the moment, yeah, no shot, but static images are getting very refined

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only news I trust is Cheddar News at the gas station and Nicole Kidman's op-ed column that plays before movies at AMC

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I wouldn’t hire someone with as many cases as Trump has to now my lawn or wash my car and these dipshits want him to be president lol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

bobjr posted:

If someone else a little different than me is suffering more, it’s like I’m not suffering at all

you have spoken the actual truth

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1744784178741145904

I am almost certain there is going to be a media campaign this fall that just casually refers to Trump as a rapist over and over again.

“Estoppel”? Well, I’ve learned a new word today.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Buce posted:

yeah, for those reasons and the fact that the republican party is 100% white/christian-grievance-based, I'm very pessimistic.

A shockingly large chunk of the country would rather inflict pain than elevate even themselves. There are about a million canaries in the coal mine at this point. the various state-level trans and lgbtq+ persecution bills, the criminalization of pregnancy -- this poo poo isn't a goofy hypothetical. It's now.

People need to loving vote cuz we're teetering

sorry for doomering

to be fair. I think most people will and will many will vote against trump. its just most people dont follow politics that much and its not real until it is. much like with roe.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
i hope the court agrees w/ don that presidents are 100% immune from anything and then joe biden immediately drone strikes mar-a-lago from orbit

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm sorry your honor, but the only camera on scene at the time was a tintype and all the subjects weren't sitting still so there's no way to prove that is Trump sitting with epstein.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

nine-gear crow posted:

Post ITT every time you LOL the AI photoshopped Trump onto Epstein's island

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Escape From Noise posted:

Uhoh! This guy is breaking the case wide open!

Ah yes, the legal expertise of KanokoatheGreat on XXX.cum

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Shishkahuben posted:

That's why this year is going to suck, news-wise. I think the obvious hope is that Biden not only wins, but handily enough that "normal" Republicans take pause and try to move on from MAGA. If the win can't be called on or shortly after the election, it's gonna suck because J6 is already a thing that happened and all Trump is going to be doing is screaming conspiracy nonsense on all of his propaganda outlets so that if Biden gets a narrow victory called a week or two later things could get ugly for a bit. A Trump win is thoroughly uncharted territory, and all bets are off. I can get really doomer here but I'll stop because I think Biden wins.

tek79 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 9, 2024

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My great friend Jeffrey Epstein never once invited me to his "stupid" island, he only let me go to the "smart guy" island (because I am so smart!). I remember the many, many days I spent with Steve Hawking who, despite his insistence on sitting down, was a great guy. Very smart, but not as much as me!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Shishkahuben posted:

Honestly? Nothing can even begin repairing until Trump is dead in the ground. He's a charismatic tyrant who will keep trying for power until his last breath, and he sees returning to the Presidency as a goal to be conquered. You can't begin to repair the damage a tyrant has done until he's dead and rotting and you're able to finally make headway.

Right now, all we can do is batten down the hatches each election season to prevent him from gaining any more power and doing further damage. Seriously that's it, it's a war of attrition with hoping he dies before he's able to do any further damage. It's keeping the enemy at bay and surviving beyond him.

And any leftist or progressive who tries to claim nothing has changed under Biden, is being intentionally obtuse because each day since 2021 has felt different, and I never want to go back to living under a President who was that horrific.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 9, 2024

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

Ah yes, the legal expertise of KanokoatheGreat on XXX.cum
BREAKING: Political person meets with another political person a couple of times

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I am looking forward to his lawyers doing so anyway and winding up with a minor court fee as punishment

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Lets be real here. Even if these pictures were real, it wouldn't change a drat thing.

I used to be really worried about AI pictures, and in particular how the mere possibility would be used a means to undercut actual photo and video evidence, but it turns out that people at large are readily willing to dismiss them just based on whether or not what is shown aligns with whatever narrative they want. It'll still come into play in court, I'm sure, but the boat has sailed a long time ago as far as public perception goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Honestly? Nothing can even begin repairing until Trump is dead in the ground. He's a charismatic tyrant who will keep trying for power until his last breath, and he sees returning to the Presidency as a goal to be conquered. You can't begin to repair the damage a tyrant is gone until he's dead and rotting and you're able to fix the damage he's done.

Right now, all we can do is batten down the hatches each election season to prevent him from gaining any more power and doing further damage. And any leftist or progressive who tries to claim nothing has changed under Trump, is being intentionally obtuse because each day since 2020 has felt different, and I never want to go back to living under a President who was that horrific.
Yeah, I thought once he was demonstrably proven a rapist, a tyrant, and a huge loser that his supporters would fall off, especially now that he's a rambling old physically failing re:re:re: boomer.

But his cultists continue to rave about his mental and physical acumen as if he's some kind of golden god so you really just have to throw your hands up at this point and realize those people will never in our lives see rehabilitation. Even decades after that sack of poo poo dies they'll still be jack and jilling themselves off to his orange visage every night. I legitimately will not be surprised if they rewrite the Bible with him replacing Jesus.