Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I was going to call it AI art but held off considering it is signed by someone and they did actually use it in the press release, it's not just some disbussingfilm poo poo. If it is something someone sincerely tried to make, probably not a good sign

To be fair when AI steals it doesn’t always know to not steal the signature. And if anyone is going to a use AI in a press release it’s Disney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Mandalorian will never recover from this

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gutcruncher posted:

To be fair when AI steals it doesn’t always know to not steal the signature. And if anyone is going to a use AI in a press release it’s Disney.

I have a friend who makes a living doing art for book covers and tv/movie promotional art. I haven't talked to him in a while but I imagine he's legit scared shitless he's going to be replaced by AI art in the not too distant future. It loving sucks.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

I have a friend who makes a living doing art for book covers and tv/movie promotional art. I haven't talked to him in a while but I imagine he's legit scared shitless he's going to be replaced by AI art in the not too distant future. It loving sucks.

The funniest development in the AI debacle is the chatgpt guys begging lawmakers to please please please please make IP theft legal, otherwise AI advancement will be severely stunted.

Just full on pants down admission that it’s all theft and without theft they’re hosed.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Wow

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Hell fast food workers are already being replaced with kiosks. We're finally entering the post-work automated utopia we were promised but with the caveat that we don't get any money, food, housing or healthcare.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

A whole world of nothing but AIs buying and selling from each other while all the homeless humans starve because the AI figured it’s cheaper to just halt all food production and continue wash trading the same monkey jpg forever.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Jose Oquendo posted:

He's probably adopted it like all the other working professionals. ~AI~ is in the bubble phase and full of everyone that sucks from crypto and NFTs and all that garbage so it's real easy to dismiss and I don't blame anyone for doing so, but it is just a tool. So much of a tool it is literally built into Photoshop and Illustrator, right now. It's in the professional space and you are looking at tons of AI all the time and you don't notice.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Gutcruncher posted:

A whole world of nothing but AIs buying and selling from each other while all the homeless humans starve because the AI figured it’s cheaper to just halt all food production and continue wash trading the same monkey jpg forever.

pipe down will ya! I'm watching my thousand pound nephew on max: the place for hbo

Vakal
May 11, 2008

KakerMix posted:

He's probably adopted it like all the other working professionals. ~AI~ is in the bubble phase and full of everyone that sucks from crypto and NFTs and all that garbage so it's real easy to dismiss and I don't blame anyone for doing so, but it is just a tool. So much of a tool it is literally built into Photoshop and Illustrator, right now. It's in the professional space and you are looking at tons of AI all the time and you don't notice.

I guess from now on I'll be forced to only buy art that is hand painted with human feces.

Let's see you take that away from us computers!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i started listening to quinten tarrintino's audiobook cinema speculation and it has a lot of good insight, but they loving tricked me by having QT read the first chapter and then never come back again. the guy that's reading it is so dull it sounds like AI. just awkward hearing QT's words comin out of this guy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Speaking of AI, ain't it great when the union stabs their members in the back after months of striking to keep their jobs protected?

https://twitter.com/sagaftranews/status/1744789298543829066?t=kEVuWos8nSyjFK8l0bsKmg&s=19

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

:lmao:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:master:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Sunk Dunk posted:

i started listening to quinten tarrintino's audiobook cinema speculation and it has a lot of good insight, but they loving tricked me by having QT read the first chapter and then never come back again. the guy that's reading it is so dull it sounds like AI. just awkward hearing QT's words comin out of this guy.

poo poo, that's a dirty trick to pull

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

priznat posted:

poo poo, that's a dirty trick to pull

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Sunk Dunk posted:

yeah if you're going to use ai, at least train it on QT

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I didn't see it posted yet but this was from yesterday

It happened again!

Everyone's favorite bearded elderly aunt is back! But what is she wearing? Is that a loving one of a kind Star Trek The Next Generation costume?!? YES!!! Part two of the battle for Eternia is on you freaks! If you're worried about that Data uniform you should be. Mike is nearby with a bottle of beer and a not so pleasant disposition after possibly being beaten by Rich Evans again? Will the drunken, rage-filled moron take out his frustrations on a one of a kind screen used Star Trek costume (and his aunt) ?!? Part two of ten of Star Trek TNG trivia is coming soon!!!!!!!!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Lister posted:

It happened again!

Everyone's favorite bearded elderly aunt is back! But what is she wearing? Is that a loving one of a kind Star Trek The Next Generation costume?!? YES!!! Part two of the battle for Eternia is on you freaks! If you're worried about that Data uniform you should be. Mike is nearby with a bottle of beer and a not so pleasant disposition after possibly being beaten by Rich Evans again? Will the drunken, rage-filled moron take out his frustrations on a one of a kind screen used Star Trek costume (and his aunt) ?!? Part two of ten of Star Trek TNG trivia is coming soon!!!!!!!!

If Mike loses again it’s probably a wrap on RLM

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Lister posted:

It happened again!

really cannot express how much im enjoying the rlm trivia arc. i've always liked playing trivia games, jeopardy, pub quizzes, etc with my friends, so this is a good replacement now that they are all dead

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Lister posted:

It happened again!

Mike’s gonna cheat, chess grandmaster style.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Jay is everyones aunt

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Speaking of AI, ain't it great when the union stabs their members in the back after months of striking to keep their jobs protected?

https://twitter.com/sagaftranews/status/1744789298543829066?t=kEVuWos8nSyjFK8l0bsKmg&s=19

sorry, I'm not sure if you read the press release, but it's "groundbreaking" and "fair and ethical" to voice talent. you're supposed to applaud them for deigning to not let actors starve

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

gently caress YOU, IT'S JANUARY

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

kalel posted:

sorry, I'm not sure if you read the press release, but it's "groundbreaking" and "fair and ethical" to voice talent. you're supposed to applaud them for deigning to not let actors starve

In one way, I can see how this could be a great thing for voice actors that are able to license a deepfake of their voice so that can make money without having to personally work. In another way, I can see how a lot of actors doing this would mean that new voice actors would never need to be hired for roles in the future.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7sEx-xIBDM

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

dreezy posted:

i've always liked... my friends, so this is a good replacement now that they are all dead

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Endless Trash posted:

If Mike loses again it’s probably a wrap on RLM

Oh thank god

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Lister posted:

In one way, I can see how this could be a great thing for voice actors that are able to license a deepfake of their voice so that can make money without having to personally work. In another way, I can see how a lot of actors doing this would mean that new voice actors would never need to be hired for roles in the future.

We're also going to hear the same drat actors for the rest of eternity.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Thank god there's still a content creator out there with some integrity.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just watched Napoleon.... did this movie shoehorn in a reference to the "succulent chinese meal" video?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arc Hammer posted:

This is about video game VAs specifically, not that that explains their decision.

If I understand correctly, this’ll make a few people a lot money, it might be okay for prominent VAs, but potentially seriously screw over new talent.

“AI technology is not something we can block. It’s not something we can stop. That’s not a tactic or a strategy that’s ever worked for labor in the past.” Duncan Crabtree-Ireland, the union’s executive director

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Look up how valve treated the guy they facescanned for eli vance

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Echo trip report:

Episode 1: literally a compressed version of the Echo scenes from Hawkeye (remember that show?)
Episode 2: she's out in the country doing nothing and then something happens on a poor CGI/green screen train.

some really poorly done fight scenes and awful fake blood

edit: oh yeah and now she has super powers and her hands glow or some poo poo.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
They've got a real thing for deciding characters have entirely different powers for the tv shows

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

They've got a real thing for deciding characters have entirely different powers for the tv shows

"What after fx templates are on sale this week?"

"Fire mostly".

"Ok cool Iceman has fire based powers now".

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man Fargo S5 rips. Jon Hamm is just fantastic. Possibly my new favourite season?

Ole Munch being an enormous weirdo is the best.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Now I would watch this show if they made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mogSbMD6EcY

im going to forget about this before march