Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

JamesBont posted:

I don't get it

if you had the cup you would :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

JamesBont posted:

I don't get it

Lubchansky's cartoons aren't as directly political as they used to be, I don't think they have anything specific they're talking about here other than like, the way trends are

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JamesBont posted:

I don't get it

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THING THEREFORE THING BAD

She's doing the annoying old person thing of bitching about how a :latestfad: is stupid and dumb instead of doing what cool old people like me do and ignore it entirely because it's just people buying some brand of thermos and not, y'know, committing a fancy new kind of hate crime.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 9, 2024

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Pretty sure this has been proved to not be the case by multiple charity orgs and agencies.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Gonna be up all night wondering why Kirschen drew that guy shooting the ground.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

M.c.P posted:

Gonna be up all night wondering why Kirschen drew that guy shooting the ground.

"drew"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Walt Handelsman

Unironically AGC.
A clear visual metaphor that makes the cartoonist's point without beating you over the head with it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

the_steve posted:

Unironically AGC.
A clear visual metaphor that makes the cartoonist's point without beating you over the head with it.
Really? Even with the giant newspaper in the car and the backwards facing headline?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vib Rib posted:

Really? Even with the giant newspaper in the car and the backwards facing headline?

Honestly, yeah, at least I thought so.
"Louisiana went from blue to red. How did this happen? Ah, because that guy got sworn in."

Bing, bong, done.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
:latestfad:

I can't even be bothered with the rest of these lovely cartoons.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Angepain posted:

Lubchansky's cartoons aren't as directly political as they used to be, I don't think they have anything specific they're talking about here other than like, the way trends are

When I first saw people complaining about these online, they were calling it "the Stanley cup" and I was just about to contact my Hockey Explainer friend to find out what the gently caress they were talking about before I saw someone else use the term "mug" (and showed the pricetag) and it made... well, not SENSE, but at least I had a reference point.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Oh so there's literally an actual specific mug? I guess I'm living under a rock but I liked the comic more when it was boldly taking an anti-skub position against an inscrutable trend.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

wizzardstaff posted:

Oh so there's literally an actual specific mug? I guess I'm living under a rock but I liked the comic more when it was boldly taking an anti-skub position against an inscrutable trend.

:latestfad:

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
China Daily

US Foreign Policy by.... Michael Ramirez?

(Apologies to 100YrsofAttitude)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
That's not a China Daily cartoon. I can tell because there's no anthropomorphised globe looking on with a worried/sad expression

Also the spigot isn't wearing a red and blue top hat

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

The Democratic Party blocks illegal ballot boxes even though it helps their opposition. Average person not happy they are helping fascists. AGC

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Gary Markstein

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

logger posted:

The Democratic Party blocks illegal ballot boxes even though it helps their opposition. Average person not happy they are helping fascists. AGC

Polling booth that somehow encourages voters to vote for a specific candidate - in contravention of electioneering rules - has been appropriately cordoned off by democracy-protecting Democrats. AGC

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Ah yes, another timely (ha) reference to Mad magazine, which seized publishing new content six years ago.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I know it's also an Alfred A Neuman thing, but am I totally off base thinking gap-tooth Obama is a bit racist?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The writing in the top left confirms that it is racist.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Older black women, a notable Trump-voting demographic.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Tory prime ministers’ promises of ‘stability’ – Despite all the rhetoric, the UK has not improved under 14 years of Conservative rule"

Telegraph:

Fujitsu could pay compensation for Post Office scandal, minister suggests

Matt:

Snow to cause rush-hour travel chaos across South East

Times:

Rishi Sunak: Labour will take us back to square one

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

The phone will be fine.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

David Pope is cartoonist for the Canberra Times so this combines the Summernats annual Canberra car festival with federal politics with Albanese and Greens leader Adam Bandt who is calling for a rent freeze. Australian capital city rents up 13% over year as further hikes predicted for 2024 amid housing shortage (Guardian).

Le Lievre:

After Gillray's The Plumb-pudding in danger.

Golding:

The only thing jumping at the Lorne trampolines is insurance costs (The Age).

Spooner:

I assume that's Dutton without the glasses about his call for tougher hate speech laws against anti-Semitism and paying the legal costs for Jewish leaders against "radical hate preachers".

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
loving...trump got 91 indictments against him, we're ramping up to election season, skelley all YOU GUYS HEAR ABOUT THE PLANE THING??

thanks skelley. he got halfway through this before he realized there's no way to blame biden or have a child say something like "when trump was president door plugs didn't fall out!" but kept going anyway.
fingers on the pulse

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

PATHETIC POLITICAL STICK FIGURES
Cartoon published 01/09/2024

Biden’s administration is a sham. It’s filled with DEI incompetents. That’s just the way the ruling elite wants it. It’s a humiliation ritual for patriotic Americans.

The election was stolen showed how weak and powerless we are. Those that protested were given long prison sentences.

Now we’re being told that everything is just super while our border remains wide open. We’re funding foreign wars while our military has deteriorated. The cost of living has skyrocketed. Joe and his Biden crime family can thumb their noses at us. They know they will never face justice.

SHARE OUR NEWSLETTER LINK WITH YOUR ULTRA MAGA FRIENDS- SIGN UP TODAY FOR GREAT CARTOONS AND MORE DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! CLICK TO SHARE
Joe and his cabinet failures are mere figureheads—political stick figures. Obama and his crew pull strings, but their strings are pulled by unelected powers behind the curtains. They make the big decisions. The mega billionaires and globalists own most of our politicians and institutions. They are the ones who ordered the climate change nonsense as well as the ‘trans’ insanity. It’s all designed to demoralize us.

Back in 2008 when Joe was running with Barack, he claimed he would make sure the border was closed. He droned on about how important it was to secure our border. Joe is operating from a different script now. He’s a hollow man who reads from a teleprompter. He may be in office, but he spent more time on vacation than any other executive in history. He may as well be on permanent vacation. Nobody’s home upstairs already.

PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO CONSIDER A SMALL DONATION TO GRRRGRAPHICS, WE ARE SUPPORTER FUNDED, CLICK TO DONATE TODAY!
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin went to the hospital and Joe didn’t know about it for nearly a week. It doesn’t matter—nobody will be held accountable if they’re on the blue team. Austin tried to remove ‘white supremacists’ from the military except to his chagrin he didn’t find any. Instead he drove out thousands of competent military men because they refused the dangerous Covid vaccines. He made sure that trannies were welcomed with open-arms, though.

Kamala Harris continues to be an unfunny joke. We’re not laughing, but she is. She cannot make a coherent speech and many times people wonder if she is high. She loves to laugh for no particular reason. Maybe it’s because she knows it’s all a joke. A sham. A freak show.

Looks like we are stuck with the stick figures. For now…

#Trump2024ToSaveAmerica

— Ben Garrison
Kellies nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell
It's still more effort than most cartoons that get nominated for this, but notable for Garrison.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THING THEREFORE THING BAD

She's doing the annoying old person thing of bitching about how a :latestfad: is stupid and dumb instead of doing what cool old people like me do and ignore it entirely because it's just people buying some brand of thermos and not, y'know, committing a fancy new kind of hate crime.

You're kind of telling on yourself here.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Can’t believe these DEI incompetents successfully stole an election and defeated the great omnipotent Trump.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Wow, calling Ukraine a toilet, how racist. Better to just let the Russians kill anyone they please.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

I AM GRANDO posted:

Can’t believe these DEI incompetents successfully stole an election and defeated the great omnipotent Trump.
i can't believe trump is taking credit for the economy while these useless stick figures are currently running the country!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Matt Wuerker

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Carlos Latuff

Dave Whamond

Jeff Koterba

John Darkow

Dick Wright

Bill Bramhall

Amjad Rasmi

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Adam Zyglis

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Walt Handelsman

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

AKA everyone, EVERYONE in gaza
women
children
babies (even the premature)
they all deserve it

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Panel 3 is literally true this time.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ruben Bolling

Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Tom Tomorrow

Keith Knight

Nick Anderson

Jen Sorensen

Brian McFadden

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Technowolf posted:

Nick Anderson

This is why it'd be so funny if Texas seceded.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Hihohe posted:

AKA everyone, EVERYONE in gaza
women
children
babies (even the premature)
they all deserve it
This also ties back to an idea conservatives around the world hate, which is that even if someone is horrible criminal, you have to afford them some basic human rights. Like you can't just do literally anything you want to someone even if they are a murderer, so yes, excessive cruelty by the government would still be worth trying in court.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Technowolf posted:

Nick Anderson

Kellies Nomination: Too Many Words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: It's Democratic If the Constitution Says It

Ted Rall posted:

Democratic-aligned pundits and legal experts argue that removing Donald Trump from the presidential ballot, as the Colorado Supreme Court and Maine’s Secretary of State recently decided to do and 12 other states are considering, is not inherently undemocratic because, even though it takes one major presidential candidate off the ballot in a two-party system it’s permitted under an obscure section of the 14th Amendment. Unfortunately, the Constitution hasn’t always been a charter that upheld the highest ideals of democratic participation.