Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Vrabel fired. Atlanta will quickly hire him to complete the pipeline. Then he can bring in some guy he used to work with as OC who has familiarity with the players and the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Welp, looks like it's happening

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1744774318649733585

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

:sigh: Figured it, but with the Vrabel news today I thought anything is possible.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gahh gently caress this team, I hate them, I despise them, a pox on their house.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Woof. I am dreading seeing this for the Bucs soon too

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Dennis Allen is literally Dave Wannstedt on the Dolphins but 20 years later. everyone knows he isn't the guy despite the previous regime saying he's the guy and we're all gonna just have to wait until it's inevitable that he's fired despite everyone knowing he should have been fired the year prior

edit: also Todd Bowles is exactly the same now that i think about it lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

epic bacon posted:

Dennis Allen is literally Dave Wannstedt on the Dolphins but 20 years later. everyone knows he isn't the guy despite the previous regime saying he's the guy and we're all gonna just have to wait until it's inevitable that he's fired despite everyone knowing he should have been fired the year prior

edit: also Todd Bowles is exactly the same now that i think about it lol

It really does suck when it's obvious your guy isn't the guy and they wait a year too long to rip off the bandaid. How often does a coach turn things around once they're on the hot seat? It doesn't seem like it works out too often.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

It really does suck when it's obvious your guy isn't the guy and they wait a year too long to rip off the bandaid. How often does a coach turn things around once they're on the hot seat? It doesn't seem like it works out too often.

I don't know if I'd consider Sean Payton's seat hot in 2016, but he did have three straight 7-9 seasons before that great draft of 2017. It was probably warm.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Payton had already won a super bowl with a proven QB. Allen has had a miserable tenure with his first ever winning season in a garbage division, with a QB known for mediocrity. I know you're just playing devils advocate but drat, unless Loomis stops the cap kicking then there's no point in Allen staying another year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is worth watching for the Saints-Falcons part. "Sean Payton would've went for 2"

https://x.com/AnnieAgar/status/1744823180676444667?s=20

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

wandler20 posted:

maybe my timeline is wrong but the closest i can remember was...Tom Coughlin with the Giants?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wandler20 posted:

This is worth watching for the Saints-Falcons part. "Sean Payton would've went for 2"

It's true

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Very true.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Not exactly a ringing endorsement from your team leader on your head coach.

https://x.com/BarstoolNOLA/status/1744476770303197377?s=20

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

About 2:30 for anyone who wants to see just that part. It was really wearing on me watching the whole thing. All good jokes but oof "rapid-fire" doesn't even begin to describe that pace.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Silly Burrito posted:

Thanks everyone! DA getting fired would truly be the best gift today 😄

You tanked one too many Blue Shells SB, needed to let Dennis pull ahead for a week

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just eat all the dead money this year. Kick the can no more. Let Dennis Allen fall on the hundred contractual swords.

Because its the NFC South and that still might produce a team good enough to win.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

its rare and i feel like those instances are also ones where you could say they didn't have much talent to work with, had crazy injuries, and/or were in a brutal division. Unfortunately for Bowles and Allen they are in a stupid easy division, have enough talent, and haven't really been whacked by abnormal injuries. Like both guys will get you a mediocre number of wins every year and never look particularly good or smart in any of them

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Barudak posted:

Just eat all the dead money this year. Kick the can no more. Let Dennis Allen fall on the hundred contractual swords.

Because its the NFC South and that still might produce a team good enough to win.

I don’t think it’s actually possible to do that. They basically have to extend some guys to get under the cap which just creates future debts.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Barudak posted:

I can't wait for the Underhill "How Loomis can get under the cap" article to drop.

Cam 9.4
MT 1.6
Ramczyk 11.8
Kamara 8
Davis 8
Carr 23
Hill 6.5
Ruiz 6.5
McCoy 6.7
Tyrann 7.2
Maye 4.3
Juwan 3.6
Shepherd 2.2
Saunders 1.8
Jamaal 1.8
JT Gray 1.4
Total 103.8

Quick look at OTC shows they can restructure everyone and get to a positive $30m in cap space.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
You know as the price tag on these franchises go up and up we're going to get dumber and dumber and more meddlesome billionaire owners.

I can't wait for the one that literally cuts everyone on the roster the day he buys it for a grand Five Year Process

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kalensc posted:

You tanked one too many Blue Shells SB, needed to let Dennis pull ahead for a week

I will throw it myself!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think it’s actually possible to do that. They basically have to extend some guys to get under the cap which just creates future debts.

Trade players. Get rid of the contracts. Sell Dennis Allen for a handful of magic beans.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Barudak posted:

Sell Dennis Allen for a handful of magic beans.

You think he'd go for that much?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

You know as the price tag on these franchises go up and up we're going to get dumber and dumber and more meddlesome billionaire owners.

I can't wait for the one that literally cuts everyone on the roster the day he buys it for a grand Five Year Process

I've been waiting so long for an NFL version of "Trust the Process"

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Barudak posted:

Trade players. Get rid of the contracts. Sell Dennis Allen for a handful of magic beans.

Trading or cutting players accelerates their cap hits for signing bonus into the current year and the Saints have spent the past whatever years turning salary into signing bonus to save cap in current years so trading and cutting those players makes the cap situation worse, not better.

The Saints are currently 70M over the cap and if they cut everyone on the team that they could get positive cap space back by cutting that would only cut that number in half.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

You think he'd go for that much?

Its called an opening position. Of course well accept regular beans if they offer.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Barudak posted:

Its called an opening position. Of course well accept regular beans if they offer.

Carolina has a smol bean they could offer

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Barudak posted:

At least you can make some chili or some red beans out of that.

Black Lighter posted:

Carolina has a smol bean they could offer

Toss in a few year's worth of 1st rounders and it's a deal. We know you're good for it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

So do you think this is the year Loomis finally decides to stop kicking the can, and that's why he kept DA?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

So do you think this is the year Loomis finally decides to stop kicking the can, and that's why he kept DA?

I think he lightly pushes the can, a man can only overcome his nature so much.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GD_American posted:

Yes, but I've thought this for like 3 years now

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Yes, but I've thought this for like 3 years now

I've been thinking it for close to seven.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GD_American posted:

I've been thinking it for close to seven.

They should've ripped off the bandaid after we retired Brees. They'd probably be running away with the division by now if they did.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just wanna say Chark was never going to score on that TD.

He was either going to do what he did or get lit up by Winfield and be out at the one.

I just wanted to put that out there thanks I’ll hang up and listen.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmaoooooo

https://x.com/MissSassbox/status/1744846345599348870?s=20

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

shouldn't have corrected tbh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
New Gen Z anthem slaps

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Thanks Febreze!

Also courtesy of his links section, have Amy "Princess of Darkness" Trask just ripping Allen's skin off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B9ZumBTlPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Redeye Flight posted:

Thanks Febreze!

Also courtesy of his links section, have Amy "Princess of Darkness" Trask just ripping Allen's skin off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B9ZumBTlPA

Lmao