Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

:siren: Mod challenge time :siren:

Person who guesses closest without going over Trump's fine for his NYC civil trial with the RACIST IG Letitia James gets a gift cert.

People who is closest while going over gets a special one-of-a-kind handmade 6er image courtesy of me.

Put me in for $328 million

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Again, not even claiming innocence anymore. Just "I SHOULD BE EXCLUDED FROM CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS AGAINST MY CRIMES BECAUSE I'M ME"

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

Toxic Mental posted:

Person who guesses closest without going over Trump's fine for his NYC civil trial with the RACIST IG Letitia James gets a gift cert.

People who is closest while going over gets a special one-of-a-kind handmade 6er image courtesy of me.

In honor of the late Herman Cain, I'd like to go with $999

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Mental posted:

$420 million

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

$177.6 million

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Put me down for 375 million.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Letitia James wants 370 mil, is there damages associated with that cost or that doesn't exist here?

I want to say 371 million

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I'll cover the pessimist vote and do the price is right $1. If someone else beat me to it, treble to $3.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
$58008

RockWhisperer
Oct 26, 2018

Toxic Mental posted:

279.69 mil

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

Countdown till this fails

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus

loving

Christ

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1744860622024548646?s=20

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
52 milion

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ComfyPants posted:

Some of you may want to up your bids lol

LMAO

oh God Yes

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

HappyHippo posted:

Y'all don't get it

Trump didn't commit any crimes because everything he does is perfect.

But he still needs immunity.

Because he's being prosecuted by the partisan DoJ!

Which is exactly what should happen to Biden.

And if Trump doesn't get immunity, Biden won't either.

But Biden's crimes are real, and he deserves to be prosecuted.

But he should have immunity.

Yeah, he is trying to win both ways because his brain is so hosed up means he can literally never be wrong.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Karma Comedian posted:

South Park sucks

It always did too

Like it's the laziest punch down humor ever, all while telling the audience how smart and edgy they are for laughing at it

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

We're consulting the mystical spiritual numbers! ORB GIVE ME STRENGTH!

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
$148,800,000

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

goddamn this guy is literally cartman

Oh I've thought this for loving years

Hell I think the show groomed chuds to vote for someone "real" like Cartmen/ Trump

mystes
May 31, 2006

I wiish these people would just abandon the whole christianity thing and say that trump is their god

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

$420 million why not

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving :lol:

Countdown till this fails

I'm pretty sure "openly assaulting the Capitol to as you stated "murder congress" and you get shot there after being REPEATEDLY warned by Secret Service is in fact a crime.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Did anyone claim $80,085,000? I can't think of any other funny numbers

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

mystes posted:

I wiish these people would just abandon the whole christianity thing and say that trump is their god

I mean they largely have. There are two major differences that set Qanon apart from its numerous predecessors in American culture:
1. There is no explicit call to action, generally. If anything, there is a call to complacency. "Trust the plan." "The Storm is coming."
2. The addition of Donald Trump as a messianic figure alongside - or instead of - Jesus Christ.

It's what makes it a different beast from the initial Satanic Panic, the John Birchers, the Puritans, etc. The basic story beats and tropes are otherwise identical, but that stuff is new.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

$369,420,800.85

That's the figure I'm going with

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Absolutely in no way a mindless cult.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Did anyone claim $80,085,000? I can't think of any other funny numbers

55378008 works too

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Three-hundred and three million US dollars American

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Guess I'll go for $314,159,265.35

Is there a maximum set by the law? AG is looking for 370 million but can it go higher?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Toxic Mental posted:

$390,575,000

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

66.6 million

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

mystes posted:

Read a kind of interesting article yesterday that most TRUMP Evangelicals aren't really even involved in church and are more like the "well I believe in God and am SpIrItUaL" , but being Christian is part of the trifecta (including white and straight) of being the MOST UNFAIRLY TREATED AND PERSECUTED personality traits so obviously they gotta identify with that which seemed pretty spot on

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I mean they largely have. There are two major differences that set Qanon apart from its numerous predecessors in American culture:
1. There is no explicit call to action, generally. If anything, there is a call to complacency. "Trust the plan." "The Storm is coming."
2. The addition of Donald Trump as a messianic figure alongside - or instead of - Jesus Christ.

It's what makes it a different beast from the initial Satanic Panic, the John Birchers, the Puritans, etc. The basic story beats and tropes are otherwise identical, but that stuff is new.

You would think after 8 loving years of literally nothing happening Qanon would fall apart, but hey American Evangelicalism has been grifting these same dumbfucks for like what 100+ loving years?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nooner posted:

Read a kind of interesting article yesterday that most TRUMP Evangelicals aren't really even involved in church and are more like the "well I believe in God and am SpIrItUaL" , but being Christian is part of the trifecta (including white and straight) of being the MOST UNFAIRLY TREATED AND PERSECUTED personality traits so obviously they gotta identify with that which seemed pretty spot on

That's just being a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN

it's a con artist religion, see all the scumbags that become BORN AGAIN for the instant free victim points

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
doing WHAT for us?
and who asked him too??

Nooner posted:

it's the ultimate "may i see your manager"

"oh??? this coupon is expire is it?? i'll be speaking to god PERSONALLY about this!!"

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TulliusCicero posted:

You would think after 8 loving years of literally nothing happening Qanon would fall apart, but hey American Evangelicalism has been grifting these same dumbfucks for like what 100+ loving years?

I mean that's part of why Qanon and the Trump cult exists. Folding Ideas touches on it, but basically it's an attempt to reconcile the fact that Trump wasn't fascist enough for them. Trump won, did four years, and yet black people still exist.
Hence trust the plan. Just wait. The Day of Retribution is coming. Just wait.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nooner posted:

Lmao at being so God drat fragile that even if you are the most heavily favored and biased for group in the country, and you still feel it's not enough

Just go gently caress yourselves

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Toxic Mental posted:

$112 million

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao at being so God drat fragile that even if you are the most heavily favored and biased for group in the country, and you still feel it's not enough

Just go gently caress yourselves

I mentioned this symptom just today in this thread but:

"In psychology a person who has a martyr complex, sometimes associated with the term "victim complex", desires the feeling of being a martyr for their own sake and seeks out suffering or persecution because it either feeds a physical need or a desire to avoid responsibility."

This also very, extremely heavily applies to Trump.

e: Look, this is textbook behavior: "In some cases, this results from the belief that the martyr has been singled out for persecution because of exceptional ability or integrity."

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

George H.W. oval office posted:

Imma say $215 Million

i already got dibs on that one