Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

It wasn't Cuban it was Mr Wonderful and the Fubu guy.

Cuban did not seem interested in the dumb poo poo the lady was hawking: https://www.round21.com/

Lol she wanted like a $250 million valuation for this

I meant the FTX stuff Cuban was involved with not those particular nft guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shame Boy posted:

I've seen like two eps before I decided I never wanted to watch it ever again and from what I remember there seems to be two categories of people that go on it: already modestly successful businesspeople that need investments to move up a level, and desperate out-of-their-element working/lower-middle class people who are banking their entire futures on this, who will sing and dance while the rich guys clap and laugh and throw pennies at them.

Like I distinctly remember this one bit where the pitch talked about how they were small and self-funded but very proud of the way the product was made and what it was made out of and how it was all sustainable and fair labor and poo poo, and then Kevin O'Leary was like "great I love it and am ready to give you one hundred thousand dollars but you need to move production to china and make it out of the cheapest poo poo possible and I want 50% or I'm out" and they folded on every single key point they were proud of a moment ago almost immediately while he jingled an amount of money that is basically trivial to him in front of their faces. The whole thing felt very uncomfortable to watch and I do not get how people like that loving show.

I've never seen it and I figured this was what it was lol.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I was just looking in to how one goes about filing to get a book banned from schools here in Florida since I think the only way that law will be repealed any time in the near future is if it's used to further the goals of anyone that isn't the white christian assholes it was written for so I wanted to see how easy it would be to spam requests to get filth like atlas shrugged removed. Anyway each school district has their own form and their own set of rules, so after checking the one for where I live now (which did the sensible thing of making you talk to the teachers and librarians and principal first and write down what they said and why that's not good enough for your whiny rear end) I went to check the website of the district I grew up in and... there's loving ads on it.

At least they're local companies and the ads were hand-added pictures put there by the school board staff like it's fuckin' 1997 and not just like adsense (which is why I could see them at all, my adblocker didn't even notice them) but still yikes that's grim.

e: The good news though is they're so dysfunctional they don't seem to have the legally mandated easy to find link to the dispute form anywhere on their website yet and the copyright date is still 2022, now that's the kinda school district I remember :thumbsup:

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 17:07 on Dec 29, 2023

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Demand the ads are censored because they’re against God

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

At least they're local companies and the ads were hand-added pictures put there by the school board staff like it's fuckin' 1997 and not just like adsense (which is why I could see them at all, my adblocker didn't even notice them) but still yikes that's grim.

So are there also AdSense ads?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ah found it, they kinda jankilly injected the link in a weird section I assume their CMS controls so they didn't have to talk to the actual website maintainer. It doesn't require you to bother a teacher first which is nice but it does require you to be "a parent or resident of this county" and I'm not moving back to that hellhole just so I can troll the school district, oh well.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

PerniciousKnid posted:

So are there also AdSense ads?

I did think to check after I saw the ads that made it through and thankfully no. If their tech department is anything like it was back when my mom worked in the school district it's probably just because they literally don't know how to actually do that but I'll take it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

Ah found it, they kinda jankilly injected the link in a weird section I assume their CMS controls so they didn't have to talk to the actual website maintainer. It doesn't require you to bother a teacher first which is nice but it does require you to be "a parent or resident of this county" and I'm not moving back to that hellhole just so I can troll the school district, oh well.

Coward

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

This is the same district that signed a contract with a computer supplier to supply new computers around 2005 with the provision that only that company can provide maintenance and upgrades for the computers and they weren't allowed to replace the computers with newer ones for something like sixteen loving years. Might have been eighteen years actually, I remember asking my mom about it a few years ago because I thought I must have been remembering it wrong and not only did she confirm it was a real thing that happened, she pointed out that the number of years I was thinking was lower than the actual number.

So like, congrats on finally getting your new computers this year I guess.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shame Boy posted:

lmao their policy is better than most school districts where the challenges are occuring. From what I recall most of the challenges are coming from a small group that travels around doing it.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

lmao their policy is better than most school districts where the challenges are occuring. From what I recall most of the challenges are coming from a small group that travels around doing it.

They're called Moms for Liberty and one of the Lead Moms is currently embroiled in a sex scandal because of course she is.

e: lol I never looked up the details before because that whole group is depressing, but

quote:

Some teachers in Sarasota County are struggling to talk to students about the scandal, which could take down its most prominent public official. “The irony is crazy because you have this woman and her husband who are so concerned with preventing children from hearing anything that doesn’t totally align with their values,” substitute teacher Jessica Thomason told Mother Jones. “And then it’s like I’m having to explain a three-way to a 12-year-old this week.”

It's okay though, she swears she only had the gay sex that one time during that threeway. I mean except for that other time that's on the sex tape they found later, only two times, she's still totally straight please stop focusing on her and get back to hating the real queers.

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 21:21 on Dec 29, 2023

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Eating pussy heterosexually (badly)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also when their lady partner on a different day didn't want to gently caress just the husband because she was mostly in it for the ladysex, he allegedly went over to her house and raped her, so that's great. Oh and the husband is the chair of the state GOP. Oh and he's completely refused to resign and even the republicans have had enough of this poo poo so they stripped him of all his duties and are gonna vote to expel him in January, lol.

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 23:47 on Dec 29, 2023

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh my god I hadn't checked his wikipedia yet

quote:

According to a police report, Christian Ziegler also admitted taking part in the sex act, as well as to recording the threesome secretly. However, he claimed to be innocent of the charge of assault and declared the report as an "attack" against him, and that he in fact was the victim being "targeted". However, in a subsequent telephone call it was revealed he had tried to apologize to the woman filing the rape claim, offered financial "help" to resolve the issue, and reassured her that Bridget would be joining him for their next ménage à trois.

Ahaha what a fuckin' dipshit. "Look I'm sorry I raped you, here's some hush money, also uhh if you're still dtf I promise my wife will be there next time so, uh, y'know, hit me up"

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

They're called Moms for Liberty and one of the Lead Moms is currently embroiled in a sex scandal because of course she is.

e: lol I never looked up the details before because that whole group is depressing, but

It's okay though, she swears she only had the gay sex that one time during that threeway. I mean except for that other time that's on the sex tape they found later, only two times, she's still totally straight please stop focusing on her and get back to hating the real queers.

she’s a tremendously awful person, and I don’t mean this abstractly, people I know have had to interact with her for years. she also homeschooled, gotta get on that school board while not sending your kids. she’s also behind the FL don’t say gay and anti trans stuff.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

she’s a tremendously awful person, and I don’t mean this abstractly, people I know have had to interact with her for years. she also homeschooled, gotta get on that school board while not sending your kids.

Delightful.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

she’s also behind the FL don’t say gay and anti trans stuff.

Yeah that's how this conversation started lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shame Boy posted:

This is the same district that signed a contract with a computer supplier to supply new computers around 2005 with the provision that only that company can provide maintenance and upgrades for the computers and they weren't allowed to replace the computers with newer ones for something like sixteen loving years. Might have been eighteen years actually, I remember asking my mom about it a few years ago because I thought I must have been remembering it wrong and not only did she confirm it was a real thing that happened, she pointed out that the number of years I was thinking was lower than the actual number.

So like, congrats on finally getting your new computers this year I guess.

Guarantee they didn't squirrel away any money for new computers during that time either

Jan 10, 2024

the bourgeoisie are finally going on a weight loss program, beginning today

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Last I heard there was still a medicinal botox shortage due to only 3 labs being authorized to handle and breed clostridium botulinum in the US, glad we're prioritizing how we use it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

Last I heard there was still a medicinal botox shortage due to only 3 labs being authorized to handle and breed clostridium botulinum in the US, glad we're prioritizing how we use it.

We'd love to do things differently, but we're kneecapped by the tox clause

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Are treatments for men called Brotox

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

500excf type r posted:

Are treatments for men called Brotox

new name for toxic masculinity spotted

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

Number go up, profits, pain, and death!

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

the switch to passive voice is really distracting

which of these sentences do you think is in the passive voice

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
what the gently caress is a botox party?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

what the gently caress is a botox party?

Oh I learned about this from Penn & Teller's Bullshit back when I was a lovely teenager: you invite over a plastic surgeon and all your middle-age women friends who are terrified of aging, and you all get botox shots while the plastic surgeon creepily whispers sweet nothings to distract you from the pain of the repeated injections.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Verus posted:

which of these sentences do you think is in the passive voice

a few of the claims are in active voice but most are in passive voice. any sentence that isn't just "pronoun verb" (i.e. it includes the word "am") is passive.

thanks for attending this stupid lecture.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

a few of the claims are in active voice but most are in passive voice. any sentence that isn't just "pronoun verb" (i.e. it includes the word "am") is passive.

Well it sure was stupid.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shame Boy posted:

Oh I learned about this from Penn & Teller's Bullshit back when I was a lovely teenager: you invite over a plastic surgeon and all your middle-age women friends who are terrified of aging, and you all get botox shots while the plastic surgeon creepily whispers sweet nothings to distract you from the pain of the repeated injections.

Sounds fun.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

no, “I am” uses a copular verb, and copular verbs don’t have a passive voice at all, like intransitive verbs

stupid lecture indeed

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"I am ANGERY" is passive-agressive.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I am not liking the direction this is taking.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

all copulars are bastulars

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

a thread was derailed earlier in a copular-involved tangent

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Grammer is fascist

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

this would be dumb as poo poo if it was just importing glacier ice to rich people in the desert, but the fact it's laundered as 'green,' so probably getting some subsidies and tax benefits, really adds that extra 'oomph'

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

they're called wasp parties. some joker finds a good sized wasps nest, calls their friends over to take turns hitting it with a stick so they get stung on the face. the buzzing sound of the wasp wings hypes em up as their wrinkles disappear

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Problem: The glaciers are melting because of climate change

Green solution: Chop them things up and sell them at a premium. Bam, no more melting glaciers

Once again Capitalism solves another problem while leftists are on the sidelines seething

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

tokin opposition posted:

Grammer is fascist

I haven't seen the new Frasier but I wouldn't be surprised if the show turned out to be fash prop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

is this new? I remember glacier ice being a gimmick (though I wasn’t in the desert, admittedly) in like the mid-90s