Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Do you want me to call the Governor?"

"No. I'm done loving around. Get me :smugdon:." :aaaaa: :tviv:

e- Boy, this was a bit hamfisted for the Tiger.

E2- I haven't been this excited for 20 minutes of a TV show since Bulletville.

I just hope this ends like at the end of season 2 of Justified where Gator plays the role of Dickie Bennett watching his cop brother die in front of him

E3- THE LOOK ON HIS FACE WHEN THE SAC DOESN'T STAND DOWN. :allbuttons:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The maga/trump poo poo is super cringy but I'm still loving this season. Munch is the loving best.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

If there was a point to you it's gone now

ouch

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ChesterJT posted:

The maga/trump poo poo is super cringy but I'm still loving this season. Munch is the loving best.

They may be leaning into it a smidge hard, but I think it's only cringy because it's still so fresh to the point that it's ongoing.

It doesn't hurt in making everyone involved in this ultra-hateable, though there's a theoretical plot hole in asking why Trump would aid in the takedown of the type of militia he wanted.

I just remembered this show has its dumbass, drawn out cinematic credits sequence, which means this episode is going to end sooner than it should.

E- To watch the trailer or not?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 10, 2024

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Munch is great.

Just really want Dorothy to survive this season, drat.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Munch is great.

Just really want Dorothy to survive this season, drat.

I keep erroneously calling him Lurch, and I'm going to let it roll.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

CBJSprague24 posted:

I just hope this ends like at the end of season 2 of Justified where Gator plays the role of Dickie Bennett watching his cop brother die in front of him
L

Ehh, Gator ain't watching poo poo.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/CeeHawk/status/1744926386257576045?t=A2laVo6SAr_aU-u7oZT0Jw&s=19

:hmmyes:

TraderStav posted:

Ehh, Gator ain't watching poo poo.

At the time, I thought he was only going to do one to send another message.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

If there was a point to you it's gone now

ouch

name a colder line. :drat:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

thehoodie posted:

name a colder line. :drat:

"I don't even think about you."

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I do think the Fargo line is colder given it's coming from a dad to his son and you know he means it.

"I'm a winner" :smith:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

CBJSprague24 posted:

They may be leaning into it a smidge hard, but I think it's only cringy because it's still so fresh to the point that it's ongoing.

It doesn't hurt in making everyone involved in this ultra-hateable, though there's a theoretical plot hole in asking why Trump would aid in the takedown of the type of militia he wanted.

I just remembered this show has its dumbass, drawn out cinematic credits sequence, which means this episode is going to end sooner than it should.

E- To watch the trailer or not?

You had January 6 rioters IRL plead to Trump on Twitter and in court about getting their charges pardoned.

Hamfisted, yes. But totally in line.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
YES

the tiger is out

doubt we'll see Gator again. abandoned in the liminal nowhere space.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I want to mod Dot into The Last of Us as a re-skin of Ellie and also Joel at the same time.

I love how consistent they've been about her traps and schemes only having about a 30% success rate because that's kinda how traps and schemes work. She's just throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Okuteru posted:

You had January 6 rioters IRL plead to Trump on Twitter and in court about getting their charges pardoned.

Hamfisted, yes. But totally in line.

The webcast chat had some fun comments on the side.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

The finale is going to be good. This is definitely competing with seasons 1 and 2 for me.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Still scratching my head why Dot left the gun outside the burial site. I think hiding in there with a lock on the outside (which I thought was absolutely going to be a nightmare scenario with her locked in there forever) was a bad idea on its own, but that one is strange. I suppose chalk it up to human mistakes and characters not being perfect robots, doing everything correctly? Other than that, feels like someone should have gotten fired over that blunder.

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019
I suppose I somehow missed something - where's the boss Linda?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
probably at the bottom of the grave. It was all a dream.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Tillman says he buried her after Dot tells him Linda is coming to save her. Speaking of, a nice awful touch that he doesn't react at all to seeing his current wife knocked unconscious with a head wound. Looks in the room and continues onto the others completely unfazed. He's a good villain, this Tillman.

Still chuckling at the militia driving in to YMCA.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

the needle drops this season have been exceptional

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Still chuckling at the militia driving in to YMCA.

I know the intention behind undercutting the militia with a silly song, but the optics of doing that with a song associated with LGBT communities seemed off to me. Kind of like 'haha these big tough guys coming into a GAY song'.

Didn't sit right with me, one of the few missteps of this season.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Trump has played and danced to YMCA at more than a couple rallies. I saw it a continuation of the idea that it was Jan 6 type guys.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

limp dick calvin posted:

Trump has played and danced to YMCA at more than a couple rallies. I saw it a continuation of the idea that it was Jan 6 type guys.

This was my interpretation as well, especially since he was directly referenced in the episode

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

limp dick calvin posted:

also a dark joke about how these militia fascists are quite literally a Young Men's Christian Association

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Regarding Linda, my read on the situation was that Dot fell asleep at the wheel prior to arriving at the gas station, and the wrapping "wakeup" of the pancake and semi truck crash was in fact still a dream, but I'm still unclear on where she was actually trying to go.

Also worth noting that she was turned onto Camp Utopia by unearthing a box by a windmill, which one episode later is all but confirmed to be where Linda is buried.

My only other quibble with this season so far is that they haven't shown how Dot managed to become such a MacGuyver-esque tiger. I mean I guess it's fine to say "resourcefulness due to traumatic abuse," but I feel there's some justification missing there.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 10, 2024

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Yea Linda dead. Not sure how that could be debated

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

f#a# posted:

Regarding Linda, my read on the situation was that Dot fell asleep at the wheel prior to arriving at the gas station, and the wrapping "wakeup" of the pancake and semi truck crash was in fact still a dream, but I'm still unclear on where she was actually trying to go.

Also worth noting that she was turned onto Camp Utopia by unearthing a box by a windmill, which one episode later is all but confirmed to be where Linda is buried.

My only other quibble with this season so far is that they haven't shown how Dot managed to become such a MacGuyver-esque tiger. I mean I guess it's fine to say "resourcefulness due to traumatic abuse," but I feel there's some justification missing there.

I think it's inferred that those who live on that ranch work on particular sets of unique skills that get you there.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tillman says he buried her after Dot tells him Linda is coming to save her. Speaking of, a nice awful touch that he doesn't react at all to seeing his current wife knocked unconscious with a head wound. Looks in the room and continues onto the others completely unfazed. He's a good villain, this Tillman.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Though it seems kind of dumb of Tillman to look for Dot in the house that she was trying to blow up.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

eke out posted:

also a dark joke about how these militia fascists are quite literally a Young Men's Christian Association

LMAO that completely went over my head at the time.

Amazing season, so glad that I have the new season of True Detective to look forward to as this ties up.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

f#a# posted:

The bulletin board at the diner had a chicken piccata recipe and an ad for puppets. Her dream happens when she doses off for half a second and gets jolted awake by the pancakes.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

this is probs one of the most brutal seasons of fargo imo. that scene jeez

veepfake fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 10, 2024

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Oh and I did enjoy Dot arming herself with a Femur, probably Linda's.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

gently caress!

I need to know what happens!

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

oh jay posted:

The bulletin board at the diner had a chicken piccata recipe and an ad for puppets. Her dream happens hwhen she doses off for half a second and gets jolted awake by the pancakes.

Camp Utopia sign as we walked into the diner too. Keyser-Soze-esque sequence.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

gently caress!

I need to know what happens!

i mean it's not like a crazy scene but just seemed hosed to me

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

teaser for ep 10 (obviously spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37V6zZ-I1HI

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Camp Utopia sign as we walked into the diner too. Keyser-Soze-esque sequence.

MIssed that one! I went back to see and and also caught that the song on her car radio is also "I'm your puppet".

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

thehoodie posted:

teaser for ep 10 (obviously spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37V6zZ-I1HI

Gotta know who Munch is tinking orange soda with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Gotta know who Munch is tinking orange soda with.

looked mostly like they were tinking soda with him