Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
It's really cool to see ISIS condemn Hamas.

lmao forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Cactus Ghost posted:

right wing death squads are good for business as long as they keep it to a dull roar

“Hey, where’d those two towers go?”

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

I said come in! posted:

I didn't know about Blinken's existence until this genocide started, but everything I have learned about him since indicates he is a terrible human being with no redeeming value. Which I mean checks out when you work under Biden, you kinda have to be.

there's also the fun fact that his step-dad was robert maxell's lawyer and probably the last person to see him alive

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1331467499821469696?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Frosted Flake posted:

"EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: The West should seek the further weakening of Islamic State, but not its destruction. A weak but functioning IS can undermine the appeal of the caliphate among radical Muslims; keep bad actors focused on one another rather than on Western targets; and hamper Iran’s quest for regional hegemony."

where's this from and how long ago?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lmfao that last one

hey arabs! don't you hate when you're putting up your bejewelled turban after a long day of swinging your scimitar over your head, seeking treasures beneath the sands or scheming with your talking macaw and go to check your phone only to be shocked by the latest atrocities committed by hamas?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

I merely seeketh the exterminatio of all muggles. BUT NOT EVEN AYE AM THIS EVIL!!!! :qq:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

crepeface posted:

there's also the fun fact that his step-dad was robert maxell's lawyer and probably the last person to see him alive

Blinken also came from the Dalton School - not at the same time as Epstein per se, but still coterminus with Donald Barr as headmaster

crepeface posted:

from The [Menachem] Begin-[Anwar] Sadat Center for Strategic Studies, in August 2016: https://besacenter.org/destruction-islamic-state-strategic-mistake/

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
US Navy and UK Royal Navy shoot down 18 Houthi drones and 3 missiles

Another large (largest?) strike wave from the Houthis.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OhFunny posted:

US Navy and UK Royal Navy shoot down 18 Houthi drones and 3 missiles

Another large (largest?) strike wave from the Houthis.

How many interceptors did it take to shoot them down?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

crepeface posted:

lmfao that last one

hey arabs! don't you hate when you're putting up your bejewelled turban after a long day of swinging your scimitar over your head, seeking treasures beneath the sands or scheming with your talking macaw and go to check your phone only to be shocked by the latest atrocities committed by hamas?

its specifically targeted at disney-americans

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The carrier USS Eisenhower is there. Planes from it shot down some of the drones. I have no idea what the depletion rate is of plane based weaponry.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i know patriots are two missiles per intercept so possibly 36 missiles if sea sparrows have similar guidelines

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...-uk-iran-rebels

The US military’s Central Command (Centcom) said the “complex attack” launched by the Houthis included bomb-carrying drones, anti-ship cruise missiles and one anti-ship ballistic missile.

It said 18 drones, two cruise missiles and the anti-ship missile were downed by F-18s from the USS Eisenhower, as well as by American Arleigh Burke-class destroyers the USS Gravely, the USS Laboon and the USS Mason, as well as the UK’s HMS Diamond.

:stare:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mandel Brotset posted:

The US military’s Central Command (Centcom) said the “complex attack” launched by the Houthis included bomb-carrying drones, anti-ship cruise missiles and one anti-ship ballistic missile.

It said 18 drones, two cruise missiles and the anti-ship missile were downed by F-18s from the USS Eisenhower, as well as by American Arleigh Burke-class destroyers the USS Gravely, the USS Laboon and the USS Mason, as well as the UK’s HMS Diamond.

sounds like the most serious naval skirmish in a long time lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

USS Laboon guarding the Bab el Mandab

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"A day before the hearing in The Hague regarding the lawsuit against Israel: MK Nissim Vaturi calls once again to 'burn Gaza'"

https://twitter.com/newsisrael13/status/1744986386833248257?t=JkW4-zlM7YhAc0iBxwRB1Q&s=19

Literally a gang of thugs too stupid for their own good

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Spergin Morlock posted:

sounds like the most serious naval skirmish in a long time lol

now do the cost analysis

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The Ayatollah was right, our hero’s are cartoon characters, and we’re only capable of seeing the world through Disney films.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

"High Court says Ben Gvir [is] violating ruling not to interfere with policing protests"

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/high-court-says-ben-gvir-violating-ruling-not-to-interfere-with-policing-protests/

quote:

The High Court of Justice issues an interim injunction barring National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir from giving operational orders to police forces regarding how they manage demonstrations and the use of force during protests.

The court ruled in March that the far-right minister was not allowed to issue such orders and today finds that Ben Gvir has violated the ruling.

An appeal was filed by human rights groups after Ben Gvir recently tried to block an anti-war protest in Tel Aviv.

The court ruled that Ben Gvir “must refrain from giving operational instructions and instructions to the police regarding the implementation of his policy regarding the exercise of the right to demonstration and freedom of protest.”

The ultranationalist minister has been accused in the past of trying to repress mass protests against the government — particularly its judicial overhaul plans — by ordering the police to use tougher methods of crowd dispersal.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Mandel Brotset posted:

It's pretty telling that the Houthis aren't just mass-launching lawnmower drones, those are just decoys and missile sponges to cover the actual serious hardware

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Al-Saqr posted:

israel is trying very hard to have its revenge against the journalists who exposed their nazi behavior

https://x.com/qudsnen/status/1744304160915235139?s=46

:smith:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/onlyaworldaway/status/1744904584944812297?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

lmao

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lots of israeli tanks and outposts getting destroyed around gaza city today, those israelis sure are winning

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

dumb israelis begging netanyahu to end the war so they can go back to sderot

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1745030221055611388?s=46

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

crepeface posted:

The Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies seeks to advance a realistic, conservative and Zionist agenda in the search for security and peace for Israel. By Prof. Efraim InbarAugust 2, 2016

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

OhFunny posted:

The carrier USS Eisenhower is there. Planes from it shot down some of the drones. I have no idea what the depletion rate is of plane based weaponry.

Nevermind the weapons. I wonder if simply launching and flying the jets cost more than drones they were sent against.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Fell Mood posted:

Nevermind the weapons. I wonder if simply launching and flying the jets cost more than drones they were sent against.

By an order of magnitude

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Fell Mood posted:

simply being there to intercept is enormously expensive

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/business/status/1745079464390709601?s=20

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I had the uncomfortable experience of bursting out laughing when I saw this book reviewed in a journal just now, because it describes in handwringing terms, more or less what Israel is doing now as a unique historical evil.

The Mediterranean Diaspora in Late Antiquity: What Christianity Cost the Jews

The alliance of the Roman Empire with the emerging orthodox Christian church in the early fourth century had profound consequences for the large population of Greek- (and Latin-)speaking Jews living across the Mediterranean diaspora. No known writings survive from diaspora Jews. Their experiences must be gleaned from unreliable accounts of Christian bishops and historiographers, surviving laws, and limited material evidence—synagogue sites, inscriptions, a few papyrus documents. Long neglected by historians, the diaspora population, together with its distinctive cultural forms, appears in decline by the early seventh century. This book explores why. In part, diaspora Jews suffered from disasters that affected the whole late antique Mediterranean population—continuing warfare, earthquakes, and plague. But, like all other non-orthodox Christians, Jews were subject to extensive pressures to become orthodox Christian, which increased over time. Late Roman laws, sometimes drafted by Christian lobbyists, imposed legal disabilities on Jews that were relieved if they became Christians. Fueled by malicious sermons of Christian bishops, Christian mobs attacked synagogues and sometimes Jews themselves. Significantly, Jews retained many of their earlier legal rights while other non-orthodox Christians lost theirs. In response, some Jews became Christians, voluntarily or under duress. Some probably emigrated to escape orthodox Christian pressures. Some leveraged political and social networks to their advantage. Some violently resisted their Christian antagonists. Jews may occasionally have entertained the possibility of divine messianic intervention or embraced forms of Jewish practice that constructed tighter social boundaries around them—an increased use of Hebrew, and heightened interest, perhaps, in rabbinic practices.

:thunk:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

evilmiera posted:

Remember when the UK kinda had to pretend they weren't picking sides in the conflict like, 40+ years ago or something?

Balfour Declaration :o:

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

"The government's new 'website of horrors', which can't be accessed from Israel"

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1745098171376980127?t=uvvgEHzvqllZMHcerw42TQ&s=19

Long story short, they made another website for October 7th pictures and -

What the hell is this? :psyduck:

(Covering the link since I guess It's technically a gore site)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://x.com/OmaPalestine/status/1744987266076782844?s=20

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Clearly the most disciplined army in the Middle East.

Dukemont
Aug 17, 2005
chocolate microscopes

:owned:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sancho Banana posted:

"The government's new 'website of horrors', which can't be accessed from Israel"

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1745098171376980127?t=uvvgEHzvqllZMHcerw42TQ&s=19

Long story short, they made another website for October 7th pictures and -

What the hell is this? :psyduck:

(Covering the link since I guess It's technically a gore site)

Very confused about what the crime is here? "Those poor non-military soldiers!"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dumbasses couldn't even come up with a website name like Hamassacre that's how you know their propaganda machine sucks rear end.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

FR, why is Israel's strategy here posting their L's?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Seems like a problem that so many mossad agents have been so embedded in centers of American power of the last 6 or 7 decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Frosted Flake posted:

Very confused about what the crime is here? "Those poor non-military soldiers!"

I haven't been to the site and probably don't care to, but I know they were trying to paint shooting female soldiers in the upper torso and pelvic girdle (IE near center mass, the place you aim during a firefight) "sexual violence."