Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Was it only ever live and offline or is there a show up somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Piquai Souban posted:

Was it only ever live and offline or is there a show up somewhere?

They filmed a pilot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSgLuhiAjk

Then they tried the concept again a few years ago as a Twitch show. Didn't last that long but there are recordings still up on the channel.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Wife and I watching it now, thank you!

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

WE NEED MORE BUGMANE

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I just learned today that the day after they shot the What’s Going On? pilot was the day Mitch found out his dad’s cancer was terminal. Big oof.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
talk about unexpected

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
He’s a professional

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Susser declaring he’s there to lower the negativity then playing clips from episode 400, best commissioner.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Susser declaring he’s there to lower the negativity then playing clips from episode 400, best commissioner.

I really enjoyed his bullshit this episode

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This is a fantastic Christmas episode. "Just let Gabrus and is that Fran Gillespie? improv an entire episode" seems like a way better return on the amount of work than "elaborately produced riff on one of the standard Christmas fictions." Make sure not to reflexively skip the ads.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I got thrown for a sec when that first ad came on, it was gud

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
"Bill C. from Chappaqua, New York"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I liked Mitch managing to horrify Gabrus, not an easy task.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The Official Doughboys website has a link to Rudolph’s Roadside

The first responders wall is a v. touching tribute to Are Heroes

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
this is very, very good content

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

root beer posted:

The Official Doughboys website has a link to Rudolph’s Roadside

The first responders wall is a v. touching tribute to Are Heroes

Apparently people are upset about the Doughboys using AI art (according to a comment Mitch made on Instagram).

Furthering a dumb bit for a podcast episode is probably the one appropriate use of AI art. I ain't mad at it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

or pay an artist to do it. rather than relying on an algorithm based on stolen training data, I mean. but AI art is fine too. can't wait too hear them complaining about AI during the next WGA/SAG contract negotiations

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Ad Chad reading through the copy too fast risks becoming a runaway train mowing down Nick’s grandfather

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
From how Nick has told the story, the entrant who took 7 minutes would be the one to do it

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
New 'Being Fat' episode of High and Mighty. Touching as always but also it still feels like Mitch cannot connect the dots that there is a comprehensive need to have a holistic approach to his health. Now I get that depression and manic episodes are real. I'm not in denial of that. But I personally think that his depression is intertwined with his negative self worth regarding his weight.

And since i've listened to every one of these episodes, in the past he's always had really high expectations and he continually doesn't set the bar lower. Last years episode he was talking about walking four miles a day or something crazy. He talked about getting a treadmill for his house in last years episode and in this episode he mentioned how he just got it installed right before he got sick, which would have been thanksgiving. And he's talking poo poo about calories and stuff. I get it, doing it all is loving hard. Having a full time job, trying to have a social life, and trying to fit in some fitness in our world is loving hard. I post this not to talk poo poo about Mitch, just its obviously worrying because I want him to have a long life and career but you know, we're on year loving ten or whatever of him talking about "i think this year will be different/I'm trending in the right direction." I hope he gets on the right path this year and stays on it.

And also I totally get illness derailing things. My own personal fitness journey was really hitting a good stride right before the holidays but I got buried with multiple illnesses and it is really annoying.

E: Someone on reddit made a great point. A lot of Mitch's issues are almost all text book symptoms of Long Covid exacerbated by pre-existing conditions.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 5, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

SAG insurance has to cover bypass surgery. he's not that serious

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think Gabrus’s advice about his sleeping habits would help Mitch a lot really. I would stay up all night and sleep till noon when I was in my early 20s but that would make me depressed as gently caress in my 40s.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

clearly lifestyle changes are not gonna do it, he needs to suck it up and get on a semaglutide

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'd almost guarantee that poo poo won't work for Mitch

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think he should just divide into two Mitches.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I guarantee the constant jet-setting back and forth to the east and west coast is loving with his sleep, too

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think he should just divide into two Mitches.
Mitch needs to dispell the evil in his heart and become the guardian of earth. Then we could get Mitch Day every May 9th

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mitch Mitch Mitch Mitch Mitch

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Binowru posted:

I guarantee the constant jet-setting back and forth to the east and west coast is loving with his sleep, too

Absolutely. When it comes to big lifestyle changes it takes baby steps. But I mean, we're in year 8 or 10 of these episodes. He openly admits he will regress when he goes home but he doesn't care. He's going home for 3 weeks (he's already home because this recording was a done weeks ago) even though he's still sick and he knows he'll eat worse, he'll go drink with the boys, and weather will suck so we know he's not going to get any exercise other than maybe a little walking on a treadmill.

I mean, I'm about Mitch's age and I've gotten to the point where I despise the airport. Flying home annoys me and now I have the issue of not sleeping in my home bed which throws things off and I don't even have sleep apnea and won't have to lug a CPAP machine across the country. Mitch has a great support group. He has people who would be happy to program workout plans, workout with him, help him etc. Between his acting gigs and Doughboys he absolutely has the finances to do anything he wants. I have a lot of friends who are actors and writers out here in LA and they make it work. All that being said, I think he has long covid. But for real this is like, the make or break point. If he doesn't adjust very soon it's going to get 100 times harder than it already is.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the make or break point is like mid 30s. he's past that

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

indigi posted:

the make or break point is like mid 30s. he's past that

Nah, I know enough guys who turned early 40's and got freaked out at the own mortality and turned poo poo around. But I don't think Mitch has it in him. He's already had like 12 come to jesus moments and it didn't do poo poo.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I believe in Mitch

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

indigi posted:

Mitch Mitch Mitch Mitch Mitch

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

If Mitch joined the navy his giant head would risk being sniped from land.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I do believe that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

"I did some self care by buying a pupcorn machine"

you can tell Mitch is trying really hard to lose weight this time

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

indigi posted:

I'd almost guarantee that poo poo won't work for Mitch

no level of obstinance is going to overcome a massive influx of glp-1, lmao

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

no level of obstinance is going to overcome a massive influx of glp-1, lmao

Nah I’ve seen it happen. You can do anything if you set your mind to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
it would work just fine for him if he could a) get it and b) be consistent with it