Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
is that 3 asses or 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's just 1 rear end

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

2 anus. Like a spiders holes

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Wow thats a lot of holes

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Wow thats a lot of holes

I mean your right, it's definitely more than one, which seems like a lot.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

Literally poo poo tons of video evidence in this case :buddy:

Some comments on Reddit about the "jellyfish UFO video" (small font because we're the best forum):

its a shame he doesn't provide any verifiable documentation for the footage that was 'sent to him' instead only relaying a vague date and location. This could really be anything, including a fake/hoax. You can't even be certain that both angles are taken at the same time. Would love to see an FOIA request or something with some gravitas behind it. 'Look at this crazy thing that was sent to me' doesn't cut it when you are a hammer looking for nails.

He also doesn't show the (arguably) most interesting part - descending into water and then flying out at a 45 degree angle.

Yeah the crazy stuff always happens off camera. It's such a tired trope. They get your attention by showing you something kinda odd in a video that isn't easy to immediately identify. They give you a narrative about what you're seeing to prime you and then once you're hooked they tell you about the really crazy thing it did off camera afterwards. By that point if you've been suckered in by the initial story you're far more likely to believe the stuff you don't actually get to see.

What am I supposed to be convinced of here? This guy is a multi millionaire because he talks about UFOs. Am I supposed to believe he’s NOT going to make poo poo up for more money? When in all of human history has that ever been the logical conclusion? He YET AGAIN gives no evidence. He’s just a personality showing a video. If some random user posted this footage it would get clowned off the site. Rightfully so, because no evidence that it’s real was shown.

Debunked.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://old.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/192n9aw/the_jelly_fish_ufo_and_claims_they_are_eid/

https://v.redd.it/2kcp4tf5zh0c1/DASH_720.mp4

https://www.tiktok.com/@captainkatemccue/video/6836594357194231046

https://x.com/mvonren/status/1744885789274865932

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 10, 2024

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

today i will be faking footage of a bird taking a poo poo to fool the people on the aliens subreddit.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

So is this thread like all for real atheistic about whether UFOs could be aliens or do you just like roasting the grifters?

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Drink-Mix Man posted:

So is this thread like all for real atheistic about whether UFOs could be aliens or do you just like roasting the grifters?

It's about 90:10 I'd say. True believers mostly started pretending they were joking all along around the time of the chorizo alien when nothing came out of Congress.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Like honestly if you look back through you'll see most of the time the conversation just leads back to discussions on bird poo poo in all it's many fascinating forms.

We've been pleading with mods to change the title for years

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Drink-Mix Man posted:

aliens are real, one touched my balls and now the squeak

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Literally this old joke:

Goddamn, though. I can barely even conceive the level of contempt the person who made this video must have for the UFO community.

Just sheer unbridled justified contempt.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Mate, I would absolutely love to see evidence that alien life exists. The idea that it might have visited this world is one that sets my mind on fire.

But all I've ever seen are pathetic excuses for "evidence" like chorizo aliens and guano UFOs.

And grifters. Endless grifters.

From the self-centred racist grift of the von Dänikens of the 70s to the slick grift of internet nobodies pretending to be bigshots and their parade of guests with "inside knowledge" and that "any day now" the truth will out.

As the Amazing Randy used to say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Bird poo poo on a camera lens and CGI inserts is not that.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

When the grifters are the face of the movement and the ones that are always promoted to be the public speakers then yeah, like it or not your whole thing looks loving stupid.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Mate, I would absolutely love to see evidence that alien life exists. The idea that it might have visited this world is one that sets my mind on fire.

Yeah, if we do find proof of the existence of life else where in the universe, it's almost certainly going to be via astrological telescopes, not some weird blurry saucer wonkly floating about for shits and giggles.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
A good con would be to have two crappy fraudulent videos, but only mention the other one, or to leave some mystery around it. When everyone goes "oh wheres the video with the object coming out of the water hmm?", then 'leak' crappy video number two and then use your smugness to get more money from stupid people.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I’ll entertain the idea once there’s literally any evidence besides hearsay and shakey camera footage

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
look at this footage of the jellyfish flying out of frame of the camera and right into a seagulls butt

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Non Compos Mentis posted:

look at this footage of the jellyfish flying out of frame of the camera and right into a seagulls butt

They're in on it!

I knew those bastards were up to something

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

maybeadracula posted:

Some compelling evidence I uncovered, I think this thread can handle it:

Hey my eyes are up here, buddy.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

UFO's are clearly real, since there are clearly Unidentified Flying Objects.

Case closed.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

maybeadracula posted:

Some compelling evidence I uncovered, I think this thread can handle it:

There is more and more of it coming out every day

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
:siren::siren::siren::siren:

THE JELLYFISH HAS 3 DIMENSIONS

https://twitter.com/ophello/status/1745223391760814139

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Unidentified my rear end, it's perfectly obvious what that is

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

You can even see a crescent in there!

Aliens are Muslims. One true faith confirmed.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/JaredEMoskowitz/status/1745852400630456618

naem
May 29, 2011

intriguing not going to lie

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I thought maybe this was the nut job the thread was mocking but I don't think it is? I dunno. First response makes me thing he might be?

Here's a pic incase Twitter dies

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 13, 2024

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I mean the CIA murdered the reporter that blew up the contra affair and the mainstream media spent more time trying to poke holes in his case cause he wasn't one of them rather than do any investigative journalism themselves. Same thing with purposely flooding the market with crack in poor areas. And purposely infecting people with disease without their knowledge.

I don't think murdering people to keep UFOs secret is even in the top 100 human misery moments that is funded by us tax payer

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Houle posted:

that is funded by us tax payer

And completely unaccounted for! They’re going to have to press hard on 3 things to get the average American to push for disclosure: 1) the money, 2) national security, and 3) the safety of our airspace. This is why Rep. Burchett is dialing back on the “you shouldn’t be able to classify reality” stuff and ramping up the money and nat security points.

The new legislation this week to provide a process for civilian aviation to report UAP activity is a good start on number 3.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Governments being shady is not the unbelievable part of "government covers up ufo abductions"

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

But it's working! Everyone is fixating on "the government has murdered and suppressed things before" part instead of the other, far more unproven and crackpot parts.

You see it a lot with UFOs. You make a claim like "I saw a UFO" and people don't care, but you say "I saw a UFO and my local sheriff is pressuring me in to not upsetting his sleepy little town!" and that hits enough tropes people somehow start giving it credibility, despite no amount of proof or evidence changing.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

But it's working! Everyone is fixating on "the government has murdered and suppressed things before" part instead of the other, far more unproven and crackpot parts.

You see it a lot with UFOs. You make a claim like "I saw a UFO" and people don't care, but you say "I saw a UFO and my local sheriff is pressuring me in to not upsetting his sleepy little town!" and that hits enough tropes people somehow start giving it credibility, despite no amount of proof or evidence changing.

Negative nelly

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I'm still trying to figure out why the hell the moon kept chasing our car when I was a kid. Everytime I looked out through the window there it was, tailing us from just behind the trees. Still can't figure it out. :iiam:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Sometimes the person who sees the UFO is the local sheriff. In fact, there was one case in the 50s I believe where the local chief of police claimed to have photographed a space man, but it was just a guy wrapped in tin foil.

http://www.theironskeptic.com/articles/greenhaw/greenhaw.htm

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Scam Likely posted:

I'm still trying to figure out why the hell the moon kept chasing our car when I was a kid. Everytime I looked out through the window there it was, tailing us from just behind the trees. Still can't figure it out. :iiam:

same reason the running parkour man keeps up with your car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

011224_7
Jan 13, 2024
my... room .....:qq: