Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

gvibes posted:

11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel. And he has a playoff appearance with Mac Jones.

Both of these seasons occurred with Josh McDaniels at OC so

Maybe it's time we give him another shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Febreeze posted:

Both of these seasons occurred with Josh McDaniels at OC so

Maybe it's time we give him another shot

If Bill came to the Chargers I would have zero problem with Josh McDaniels as OC

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a neat cape posted:

If Bill came to the Chargers I would have zero problem with Josh McDaniels as OC

Josh McDaniels has (1) mediocre season as an OC in the last decade without Tom Brady.

Don't wish this on yourself

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I would not want the only thing standing between McDaniels and potentially sliding into another head coaching job to be the 72 year old he's coaching under

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The337th posted:

I would not want the only thing standing between McDaniels and slipping into another head coaching job to be a 72 year old

He’s only halfway through his tour of the AFC West though.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The Chiefs should hire him to replace Nagy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

adaz posted:

Josh McDaniels has (1) mediocre season as an OC in the last decade without Tom Brady.

Don't wish this on yourself

I think Justin Herbert is a bit better than Mac Jones

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm going to enjoy seeing how far down the ladder Getsy falls in his next job

Maybe he just full on falls out of the league like Byron Leftwich

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

gvibes posted:

What’s his collective record without Tom Brady? Sub .500 over a significant sample size. Very Todd Bowles-y.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The 11-5 season they had the entire roster from the 16-0 season and played a velvety soft strength of schedule and missed the playoffs.

Cassell also went 10-5 one season in KC under Todd Haley lol

More to the point though, most people aren't arguing Belichick sucked in 2001-2018, but that he's gone to poo poo the last 5 years, especially as a GM and in hiring and managing his staff, where he's been an absolute dumpster fire.

:piss:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

gvibes posted:

Todd Haley went 10-6 with Matt Cassel bring him back as coach

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I miss Todd Haley.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

The same people saying he's nothing without Brady are the same people that discount Brady's early career and say he was carried by his defense.... that Bill was responsible for

They're called "haters" for a reason.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Todd Haley went 10-6 with Matt Cassel bring him back as coach

Yeah!

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Mike Shanahan with Elway: 4 seasons, 47-17 record, 2 rings, 1 playoff loss, 2nd most recent repeat SB Championship (97-98)
Shanahan before Elway: 8-12, no playoffs
Shanahan after Elway: 115-109 (24-40 with Washington), 1-5 playoffs
Shanahan coaching tree: Gary Kubiak, Kyle Shanahan, Mike McDaniel, Matt LaFleur, Sean McVay

Belichick with Brady: 19 seasons, 232-72 record, 6 rings, 11 playoff losses, most recent repeat SB Championship (03-04)
Belichick before Brady: 41-55, 1-1 playoffs
Belichick after Brady: 29-38, 0-1 playoffs
Belichick coaching tree: Josh McDaniels, Bill O'Brien, Matt Patricia, Mike Vrabel, Nick Saban, Brian Flores, Joe Judge, Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel

Not actually arguing against Belichick here - 3 of his 6 rings were with a young game-manager Brady, he did a zillion amazing things during his Brady stretch, and in his post-Brady years he is much older than Shanahan was in his post-Elway years - but there are parallels, so:

- I wouldn't expect much more out of Belichick on another team than Shanahan produced with Washington
- Mike Shanahan should be in the hall of fame.

Nov 6, 2002

Mike Vrabel is not part of the Belichick tree.

Also the takeaway from those stats is that it's really hard to win in the NFL if you don't have a QB.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

epic bacon posted:

thank you ChatGPT, can you please provide an answer that is more human?

As an AI chat bot, I can only provide machine answers. However, one approach that would be considered by many to be more humane would be to not consume blood sports as entertainment, there by decreasing their demand in human society and increasing the well being of athletes who might otherwise be harmed.

Was this answer helpful?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Also the takeaway from those stats is that it's really hard to win in the NFL if you don't have a QB.

Guess what he'd have if he came to the Chargers

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

solarjetman posted:

- I wouldn't expect much more out of Belichick on another team than Shanahan produced with Washington

Going to a less dysfunctional organization than the Washington Football Team could instantly invalidate this theory

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1745103875873353785?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1745104072078692821?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He maybe is if you squint at it hard enough. He played for most of his career under Belichick even if he never coached under him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1745106801480110093?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Keep Eberflus, fire his offensive staff, don't commit to Fields.

So draft a new QB, he doesn't play like CJ Stroud, fire Eberflus next year, bring in a new staff that isn't committed to the new guy, repeat again in 2026?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kalli posted:

So draft a new QB, he doesn't play like CJ Stroud, fire Eberflus next year, bring in a new staff that isn't committed to the new guy, repeat again in 2026?

The cycle ends when 101-year-old Virginia McCaskey dies and her offspring finally get to sell the team like they’ve been wanting to.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

R.D. Mangles posted:

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTELY STUPIDEST WAY TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!

The Bears are the Jets of the NFC

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Kalli posted:

Yep. The wheel of time turns and ages come pass.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is not a serious organization

Nov 6, 2002

What is it about the Bears' DNA that prevents them from having a good offense?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Perpetual dirt brain.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

here's what I would do:

clean house, hire Bobby Slowik as head coach before someone else does, draft whichever QB you like more, prosper

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The Bears job should surely be this years premium opening. You've got a ton of cap space, a ton of draft capital that if anything you can probably add to, a bunch of options and a free run at what you do at QB. Also this is a 7 win team that isn't even in the same ballpark as the real tire fires of the league, talent wise.

You've got Harbaugh, Ben and Vrabel on this years circuit..

And you're running it back with Flus? Really?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Look the Bears were able to poo poo out some wins against the likes of Atlanta and Arizona at the end of the season. You can’t just ignore that impressive streak

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

At the very least they won’t have the same offensive staff that ruined the old QB

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

At the very least they won’t have the same offensive staff that ruined the old QB

yes, they'll get an incredible offensive staff eager to work with a guy who is 100% getting fired after next season

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1745109201821528520?t=G6UvQH8L-bEIgyZa2A7gIg&s=19

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.

Mike Martz?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Two years.

WIll never forgive him for forcing out Greg Olsen. Hell of a player.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tell Martz I said "gently caress you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The cycle ends when 101-year-old Virginia McCaskey dies and her offspring finally get to sell the team like they’ve been wanting to.

she's 102