Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I was thinking that the season felt a bit off too, but couldn't work out why. I think there's only so many high pick and rolls to corner 3s that every team seems to run that it just gets a repetitive after a while. I think the 3 point shot was a mistake and teams should be fined for each attempt.

At least the true spirit of the game lives on with Sengun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

toggle posted:

I was thinking that the season felt a bit off too, but couldn't work out why. I think there's only so many high pick and rolls to corner 3s that every team seems to run that it just gets a repetitive after a while. I think the 3 point shot was a mistake and teams should be fined for each attempt.

At least the true spirit of the game lives on with Sengun.

FIBA rules seem to help a lot. If we could watch this same season over again under the world cup's rules, I feel like it would be better.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

is joel embiid the greatest basketball player of all time? some say yes

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It’s because we all know a Nuggets title is inevitable. The ball is better than ever, but it’s futile.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

The lack of sun exposure is making me so loving sad bro. i was supposed to get plans to build a uv lamp for xmas but nobody got them for me :( :cry: #Sad

UV Bulb, socket, some kind of base.

Merry Christmas, get to work.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Spoelstra got his bag a few weeks after his divorce was finalized

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The Maestro posted:

It’s because we all know a Nuggets title is inevitable. The ball is better than ever, but it’s futile.
eh, a contender could always be one debilitating injury away from second banana status (see the nuggets previous seasons), but if you put together a run like the warriors did when they were healthy plus the voodoo training that made steph not so injured anymore, you can be building yourself a tidy little dynasty

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Ref stuff aside, it's fun to see Darko's friendship ball coming together. Four players with 20+ last night. 130+ in three straight games. Siakam has been shooting well from three since December and is officially Untouchable.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lol they need match fixing to get a play-in spot.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I dunno, I think the Celtics are as much as a favorite as Denver. Past that though it looks like the "next man up" teams would be super fun. Minnesota, OKC or Clippers in the West, Philly or this weirdo Bucks team in the East, or maybe even the Knicks (end times are coming).

So right now nothing looks certain and if the two top teams stumble due to injuries or whatever we could have a unforeseen finals for sure.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lockback posted:

I dunno, I think the Celtics are as much as a favorite as Denver. Past that though it looks like the "next man up" teams would be super fun. Minnesota, OKC or Clippers in the West, Philly or this weirdo Bucks team in the East, or maybe even the Knicks (end times are coming).

So right now nothing looks certain and if the two top teams stumble due to injuries or whatever we could have a unforeseen finals for sure.

celtics vs timberwolves. make it happen adam

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Glad I fell asleep during the first quarter otherwise I'd be joining Coach Darko in claiming conspiracy.

Love his anger though and I agree that Scottie needs to get more FTs. He attacks the rim constantly and is still at 3.8 per game. Considering he shoots technical free throws that's like less than 2 whistles a game.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
https://i.imgur.com/Krr81qG.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/haAfNEt.mp4

fart simpson posted:

is joel embiid the greatest basketball player of all time? some say yes
relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B8fWX_ckfk

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Goddamn those are tight rear end clips

Will someone teach Jayson Tatum a cool dunk might transform the team

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

i didnt watch that game but hes right

It is a rough watch.

https://streamable.com/wv2iqp

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
KD/Kyrie traded last season
Russ traded and forgotten about
Harden trade went off without drama
LeBron/AD stable
Zion stable
Bulls are back
Dame traded in off season
Gobert trade turned out good
Wemby sweepstakes over
JA wasn't around for 25 games
Even the OG trade was straight forward

There's nothing outrageous about this season so it seems boring. The only real drama was Dray.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

A lot of that looks like really bad interior defense by Toronto, though the jumpshooting fouls did look really weak, tbf.

temple posted:

There's nothing outrageous about this season so it seems boring. The only real drama was Dray.

Just wait for the trade deadline. The last few years its seemed like GMs lose their flipping minds.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

1: legit
2: legit
3: not a foul
4: legit (have even seen this been whistled as a flagrant 2)
5: legit (looked like either an intentional foul or just the laziest and weakest of swipes)
6: not a foul
7: legit but weak (Trent had hand on shoulder as he was jumping up)
8: legit but weak (two hands on player that jumped)
9: intentional
10: 50/50 on who fouled who
11: legit

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the way to prove the point would be to gather all the clips of the toronto players doing the exact same things and getting no calls imo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lockback posted:

Just wait for the trade deadline. The last few years its seemed like GMs lose their flipping minds.

Which teams make a big move? Based off nothing i think philly.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1745116308751233252

oh yeah im in lets g---domantas sabonis???

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

Which teams make a big move? Based off nothing i think philly.

Lakers, mavericks, Bulls, Warriors might decide they are smarter than everybody, Raptors probably aren't done. I guess I'm not seeing a huge shakeup but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I want to hear Doma talk about how he's an all star and also how his dad was so much better than him. He's the Mariota of the list

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

I want to hear Doma talk about how he's an all star and also how his dad was so much better than him. He's the Mariota of the list

Hes all nba player and the 3rd best player on that list ????

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

doma rules, just very weird for the sacramento kings to finally get some Respect

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh hell yes

e: I was going to add that I bet LeBron is a producer on the show because it seems like the sort of thing he'd absolutely want to do and sure enough a shams followup lists his company as one

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Doma is carrying a that chooses to play Harrison Barnes and davian Mitchell, really special stuff

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I guess Fox would've been more interesting, but it's cool someone from the Kings is getting an episode.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
The only thing that seems off to me about this season is that they let Miles Bridges start playing again with pending accusations of, weeks before the season started, throwing pool balls at the car of a woman he previously battered. And no one felt like explaining why and no one wrote or talked about it on a podcast since it happened.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Yeah Doma is a great pick, Ant will be fun and be very unfiltered and get himself in trouble. Lebron and Jimmy will be too produced and polished, Tatum just seems like a kind of boring guy but maybe he'll show himself to be kind of a weirdo which might be fun.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

snyprmag posted:

I guess Fox would've been more interesting, but it's cool someone from the Kings is getting an episode.

if it's like Quarterback every episode jumps between the players and the episodes go through the season chronologically

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

smh if you arent excited to see tatum's Kobe Shrine he cries at before every game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao if you're doing this without Alex Caruso

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Aye Doc posted:

smh if you arent excited to see tatum's Kobe Shrine he cries at before every game

You are actually just going to get a lot of Deuce which is good and bad I guess.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I wish they were following a late career role player and a rookie. Def going to watch.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

Shake away I'm loving sick of that narrative.

It's a good lineup though. We need Ant in the media more. Tatum and LeBron are going to be boring.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Spacebump posted:

I wish they were following a late career role player

Lebron is there

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lmao at the Heat waiting for Spo’s divorce to be finalized before giving him the extension.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Post your dream lineup for this type of show:

1) Zach Lavine
2) Jose Alvarado
3) Derrick White
4) Jokic (wanna see those horseys)
5) Dillon Brooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
All the player-produced shows and “documentaries” are just ego fluffing but Ant is funny I guess