Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Video Games posted:

I still can't make any headway on MoC 11. Stuck at 2 stars. The second half is just too much of a dps check. loving ape and ipc.

Just slap them with the combined power of Himeko and Herta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Just slap them with the combined power of Himeko and Herta

If only I had a Himeko. :negative:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I just barely squeaked by with a 61000 point win on PF4, thanks to TIME TO TWIRL. Also the realization that "enemies have an 80% chance to enter with 1 Shatter" is always the correct pick. It just leads to so many cascades where half the enemies die without you having to do anything compared to the other two options. Maybe they'd be better with Argenti, I don't know, but for my setup they just didn't work very well.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I used that buff for Kafka and Serval, but Argenti and Herta really enjoyed the increased crit damage.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i wish i had himeko

she is hot and she is cool

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've been sitting on the 300 pick ticket for ages and finally got her since it seemed like a good time as any.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I got Clara for more Topaz comedy, Himeko and Bailu are the only two I’m lacking.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Meowywitch posted:

i wish i had himeko

she is hot and she is cool

so true

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Hope they let Himeko actually do anything on the next planet

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Definitely feels it should be her turn to go on a mission, along with either another Trailblazer power-up or the 5* version of March

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
She literally says she's coming along at the end of the latest Trailblaze Quest, and the preview for Penacony has her explicitly shown as the Astral Express representative.

the real thing we should be hoping for is "let himeko do anything other than die horribly"

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Tree Reformat posted:

the real thing we should be hoping for is "let himeko do anything other than die horribly"

What about "let Himeko learn to make a decent cup of coffee"?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tree Reformat posted:

She literally says she's coming along at the end of the latest Trailblaze Quest, and the preview for Penacony has her explicitly shown as the Astral Express representative.

If anyone is going to give a final lesson, it'll be Welt. He already felt like poo poo after the first Himeko sacrificed herself. No way would he allow that to happen a second time.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I can't imagine anyone dying during this random visit to party planet.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

they invited a horrible fire demon so the party vibes are immediately sour

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

El Burbo posted:

they invited a horrible fire demon so the party vibes are immediately sour

It's okay, odds are the insane fire demon's gonna job to the creepy brainwashing cultists running this shindig.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

there has been shockingly little death in this hoyoverse game so far

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

there has been shockingly little death in this hoyoverse game so far
i mean in genshin the only dead characters are random NPCs

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

r/SignoraMains in shambles

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think HI3 is the only one with a significant amount (ie more than 1 character that matters)

well I dunno maybe Tears of Themis has an excessive amount of death

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dammit, lost against the final battle of level 5 of the new SU with Remembrance (with heavy investment in Preservation as well).

It's annoying how the final boss is such a dramatic leap in damage. I had a pretty easy time up until that point and thought my defenses were high enough. I might have won if I had taken the other choice at a point when I had the following two choices (I took the bolded, which was apparently wrong):

- Fu Xuan + one of the 3* Quake blessings

- Gepard + an enhanced version of the 3* Destruction blessing that splits damage evenly + reduces it by 15%

The former seemed like more damage, but the extra shields + 15% damage decrease may have made the difference between the big bug dive-bomb wiping me out.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

Well genshin main plot wise Greater Lord Rukkadevata is dead and so is Focalors

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

Well genshin main plot wise Greater Lord Rukkadevata is dead and so is Focalors
those are random NPCs, to me

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, that is like the definition of a random NPC.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah i mean theyre important enough to the backstory but you get basically zero time to have any idea who they are. they work for the plot but they arent exactly tragic deaths

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I thought it was tragic...

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Who the hell is Rukkadevata? :v:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Ytlaya posted:

Dammit, lost against the final battle of level 5 of the new SU with Remembrance (with heavy investment in Preservation as well).

It's annoying how the final boss is such a dramatic leap in damage. I had a pretty easy time up until that point and thought my defenses were high enough. I might have won if I had taken the other choice at a point when I had the following two choices (I took the bolded, which was apparently wrong):

- Fu Xuan + one of the 3* Quake blessings

- Gepard + an enhanced version of the 3* Destruction blessing that splits damage evenly + reduces it by 15%

The former seemed like more damage, but the extra shields + 15% damage decrease may have made the difference between the big bug dive-bomb wiping me out.

Honestly with the new gears I’ve been running double sustain on the end boss like bringing geppy AND fu. With the right synergy anyone can be a hypercarry DPS, and a lot more is about surviving those early big hits than fast kills. Especially argenti, if you get him double sustain works so much better given how much of an aoe spamming jerk he is.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Sometimes even the twin fuckbots will murder Fu from max with an rear end stomp, IME

Well, that was on Diff 4, I assume the chance of buttmurder goes up as time goes on

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think HI3 is the only one with a significant amount (ie more than 1 character that matters)

well I dunno maybe Tears of Themis has an excessive amount of death

Tears of Themis has boys and dogs. Shouldn't be any death.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
After finally sort of dragging myself out of the near-bottomless pit of resource scarcity after starting the game last April the shifting meta for pure fiction has knocked me right back down again as I exhaust carefully accumulated resources into benched characters

Sitting here planning 1-2 weeks of calyx farming again so Herta can wreck poo poo

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I had just finished pre-farming for Dr Ratio and Kafka, and was going to start working on Sampo. He's going to have to wait again, because I need to build Herta.

She was already partway leveled, so I was able to get her to 70 without touching the reserved stuff. I'll also have enough lightcone exp to get hers to 80, but I need more Erudition trace materials. She might just borrow Yanqing's relics since I rarely use him anymore. His stuff is lopsided towards crit damage due to his kit, so she'll want her own relics eventually, but they'll work for now.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The only thing funnier than Himeko doing pizza cutter into Himeko quadruple spin into another Himeko pizza cutter into a Herta spin is watching Argenti do an almost full refund on his 90 cost ult over and over again

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I wish I had Himeko too. I just tested my unfinished Herta and she already got me another star. I've got the standard 5* pick coming up soon but I'm missing Himeko, Gepard, and Welt and I want all three.

I'm going to save it until either I pull two of them, or I run out of other characters to build. I wouldn't have the resources right now anyway.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, I'm completely out of relic materials to the point where I was feeding (bad) level 0 gold relics to my (good-ish) equipped relics on Herta to level them up. I'm also basically out of trace materials across the board. I'm happy with what I got out of it (full 12 stars on Pure Fiction) but I need to pre-farm for both Dr. Ratio and Kafka in the next week and there's just not enough stamina.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I've been out of relic mats since August.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Do you guys use some sort of standard daily Assignments that you do? I've been sending one team for random character materials and 2 going for XP stuff. Not sure what to focus on really.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

New Leaf posted:

Do you guys use some sort of standard daily Assignments that you do? I've been sending one team for random character materials and 2 going for XP stuff. Not sure what to focus on really.

I grab the three exp assignments every day and a single enemy drop assignment which is whatever I need the most of (usually revolves around whoever I am building or intend to build next. If I need nothing, I get twigs because I find fighting mara-struck to be the most annoying.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

People have extra mats? I just farm everything ad hoc....

Speaking of I'm taking my used units traces to 9 because it's frankly time to raise the floor of my units and I thought I didn't have credits before...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
With the path of Preservation, it feels like if you bring Fu, she'll get burned up faster because damage to shields goes to her before hitting the shield. I actually take Bailu to run preservation (or Abundance) because if you can't focus build shields on someone (ala March) then you'll burn her down too quickly, especially with big hits.