Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

nine-gear crow posted:

Artemis, famous for her chastity and turning a guy who tried to perv on her while she was bathing into a deer and had him ripped apart by his own hunting dogs.

Look, they both begin with A, OK? It's not like these Greek weirdos get taught relentlessly in schools these days or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i finally understand what an apex predator truly is. it is that purple panther, and by extension, x, formerly known as twitter. an ape X predator

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
well, i mean, he does seem to be making sure he's not too close, not too far from groims. I suppose she does not have any writs for him at the moment.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

shyduck posted:

It's the latter. These are the only people that share his a lot of godawful opinions to the point of saying them publicly. Your garden variety celebrity or even billionaire probably want little to do with him now

i would have been his friend if he was an overall good dude who was just in way over his head when it comes to running a social media platform/wanting to go to mars/trying to provide an alternative to gas guzzling cars. but, sadly, he is a very bad person. concerning.

or at least respected him for trying his hardest, but again, he is a bad person who does not deserve respect. tell that to earth.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 10, 2024

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Billionaires are trash

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

No. 6 posted:

Billionaires are trash

they are literally parasites who only got into their positions by exploiting and scamming millions of people. LOL

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I don't which is sadder, that Elon wants to be friends with these people, or that Elon settled on being friends with these people.

Other billionaires hate him and he can't even trust millionaires because they just want his help becoming billionaires. It makes sense that his interests appear to be 100% bitter outrage. That's the only type of social interaction he can trust.

His casual racism was the most notable thing about him, but he's managed to somehow make that boring.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

LifeSunDeath posted:

they are literally parasites who only got into their positions by exploiting and scamming millions of people. LOL

being extremely lucky that a very wealthy company decided that they wanted your city guide website is a huge help. guy is nothing more than some poor schmoe who won millions of dollars playing the powerball. only he failed upwards instead of blowing it all on expensive cars, homes, and vacations.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
I have a tshirt with the outline of Michigan and the Great Lakes on it. I had a dream Tucker Carlson was wearing the same shirt in a broadcast and I was like, "Great, thanks rear end in a top hat, now I can't wear my cute tshirt anymore" :mad:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

they closed due to the massive storm approaching, ya daft twat

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

kazil posted:

and with that I think I'm gonna stop posting Elon for a bit, for my sake

Soooooo close to getting it, they've just flipped it backward

Calling someone "cis" is analogous to calling them "heterosexual" or "straight", neither of which terms I presume these idiots object to

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

We're all homo sapien so that doesn't even make sense

*homo sapiens is both singular and plural; there is no "homo sapien" :eng101:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bip Roberts posted:

No chance this was a planned decision. The code broke and they don't care to fix it.

Yeah, it would take keeping one extra guy on the payroll, so it must be cut.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

...! posted:

Calling someone "cis" is analogous to calling them "heterosexual" or "straight", neither of which terms I presume these idiots object to
they're not that close because you're forgetting they are using homo there as a slur.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

...! posted:

!!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

...! posted:

Turn off your monitor

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

...! posted:

homos sapiens

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Jocko Homo now on repeat in brain thanks to suggestible brainworms gdi

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Are we not men?

We are MAGA.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

...! posted:

I mean it's literally that trans people called him cishet in a mean tone of voice and he didn't like it so it must be a slur. The actual meaning doesn't matter. He's not close to getting anything.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

NmareBfly posted:

I mean it's literally that trans people called him cishet in a mean tone of voice and he didn't like it so it must be a slur. The actual meaning doesn't matter. He's not close to getting anything.

I think you're giving him a lot of benefit of the doubt here. Bigots hate the word cis for the same reason woke people use it: It implies that trans people are not abnormal. I see no reason not to assume that's his position.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
yeah, calling cis people cis upsets a certain type of person very much because 'they're NORMAL dammit, they don't need any special word!!'

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah just having a word for it at all is a problem that can't be solved within their worldview for a lot of reasons. Sorry, ugh.

I stand by him not being close to getting it though.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Lol the cybertruck is made of sharp stainless steel and doesn't have pinch sensors, so now there are videos of using the doors and the trunk lid as a knife to slice vegetables

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Scorchy posted:

Lol the cybertruck is made of sharp stainless steel and doesn't have pinch sensors, so now there are videos of using the doors and the trunk lid as a knife to slice vegetables
Neat, but my home mandolin has sub micron aperture control to get the perfect slice.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Scorchy posted:

https://twitter.com/garageklub/status/1745107402033443015

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

shocked im shocked!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Good thing they removed the door handle for aesthetic reasons and made you literally have to stick your hand between the sharp steel door gap to open it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tesla found a new way to injure children I applaud this innovation

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jesus christ, that's bad.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

explosivo posted:

jesus christ, that's bad.

You can give the cybertruck poo poo for a lot of things, but it's not like 99.98% of cars have an anti-pinch sensor on their hoods

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Cis is definitely a slur :argh:

A million bux he feels this way solely because it acknowledge trans people's existence and "others" not trans (cis) people, instead of using terms he would prefer such as "normal" or "default"

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

All fingers being torn off is user error.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Personally, I prefer non-regretted user errors.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Fingers are overrated anyways.

Once you've got your Neuralink implant directing your Tesla FSD, you'll wish you never had them in the first place! And since this is all going to be a reality by the time Cybertruck hits mass production, it'd be stupid to account for them in the design.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Azhais posted:

You can give the cybertruck poo poo for a lot of things, but it's not like 99.98% of cars have an anti-pinch sensor on their hoods

It's a powered self-closing hood over a cargo compartment

Thankfully it's too small to be useful, so less opportunity for harm

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/846768171486855169

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Azhais posted:

Every actuated hatch I've seen on a car had an anti-pinch sensor because if I close the trunk on my kids fingers it's my fault but if I hit a button and the trunk closes on my kids fingers it's the cars fault.

Similarly why we should start treating full self dying as corporation Tesla's fault.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
you can tell cis is a slur because it's offensive so many groups of people. for example: nazi bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Azhais posted:

It's also not like 99.98% of cars have storage in the front underneath a hood that closes automatically like that. Seems like something that should be standard on a car that costs however much those things cost if you can close the hood with the press of a button.