Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

holefoods posted:

oh no, he does this in anger

Oh, poo poo. Third shoulder operation incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't end the way we wanted, but that was a special Huskies season I'll never forget. Beating Oregon twice loving ruled, and just getting to the title game was gravy. Hope Penix and Odunze ball out in the NFL.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Benne posted:

Didn't end the way we wanted, but that was a special Huskies season I'll never forget. Beating Oregon twice loving ruled, and just getting to the title game was gravy. Hope Penix and Odunze ball out in the NFL.

Agreed on all counts. Loved watching this team.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

It's obvious the ravens are winning the SB. They can't have one Harbaugh win, then the other one lose. :tinfoil:

They have before :shrug:

I love that Dad Harbaugh looks like someone put Jim Harbaugh through the tiktok age me filter.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
We really dodged a bullet tonight guys. Would've been a real rough year if Michigan had lost. Future's looking a little brighter now :yaycloud:

Have a picture of a cozy boy to brighten it further

Nervous fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 9, 2024

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

They can't have one Harbaugh win, then the other one lose. :tinfoil:

but that literally happened on february 3, 2013

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Bobby Wagner led the league in tackles again which begs the question. Is it because:
A) He is just that good
B) The DL is just that bad
C) A & B

I'm going C. Hope he is back next year, but dude deserves a ring so I wouldn't blame him for finding something better.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Lifespan posted:

Bobby Wagner led the league in tackles again which begs the question. Is it because:
A) He is just that good
C) A & B

I'm going C. Hope he is back next year, but dude deserves a ring so I wouldn't blame him for finding something better.

Good thing he already has one! He does deserve more though.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Oh poo poo, I forgot he was on the original LOB team. Well yes, he deserves another.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tackles are a fake stat. Bobby looked washed this year.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Lifespan posted:

A) He is just that good
C) A & B

Counting stat so also don't ignore the offense being bad enough to keep the defense on the field all the time.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Your MLB getting the most tackles in the league sounds like another way of saying that your defense gave up a lot of 5ish yard runs and intermediate passes over the middle.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Considering the team was like 31st out of 32nd on almost all defensive metrics, your MLB leading the league in tackles sounds real bad.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Your MLB getting the most tackles in the league sounds like another way of saying that your defense gave up a lot of 5ish yard runs and intermediate passes over the middle.

This is a lot better than when your safety leads the team in tackles

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i'm not sure why you guys think a linebacker, let alone the middle linebacker leading their team in tackles is some kind of flaw in the defense. the defensive line are the ones who are usually immediately blocked on a run and they aren't exactly making tackles in coverage. the people who are close enough during a run and actually go out in coverage when it's a pass are surprise: linebackers.

all 4 teams in the nfc west have linebackers who lead their team in tackles. three of them are their teams middle linebackers, and the last team, the rams, play a 3-4 in which one of their inside linebackers is their lead tackler.

tackles by themselves don't say much about how good your defense is. it certainly isn't bad that you're middle linebacker leads your team in tackles though... that's a big part of their job.

also safeties getting tackles... again not really a flaw in your defense considering you need a safety to play 8 in a box and they also have to make tackles in coverage. your lead tackler doesn't mean anything overall.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

When Bobby was in his prime, he’d stop runners at the line of scrimmage or maybe a yard beyond.

Now it’s 4 to 6 yards.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Mustached Demon posted:

They have before :shrug:

Leperflesh posted:

but that literally happened on february 3, 2013

Apparently my comedic delivery is not comedic at all. I'll try better next time.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
drat, didn't think that calling out how good Wagner is would be a hot take so...

Ornery and Hornery posted:

When Bobby was in his prime, he’d stop runners at the line of scrimmage or maybe a yard beyond.

Now it’s 4 to 6 yards.

I'm not claiming he is at his prime as frankly he punched his HOF card a couple years ago. But he isn't some sort of ghost of what he was. Super dependable and basically "in the frame" of every defensive play the Seahawks have run over the last decade. Not always making them lose yards, but they won't gain any within his range.

Strong Sauce posted:

i'm not sure why you guys think a linebacker, let alone the middle linebacker leading their team in tackles is some kind of flaw in the defense. the defensive line are the ones who are usually immediately blocked on a run and they aren't exactly making tackles in coverage. the people who are close enough during a run and actually go out in coverage when it's a pass are surprise: linebackers.

all 4 teams in the nfc west have linebackers who lead their team in tackles. three of them are their teams middle linebackers, and the last team, the rams, play a 3-4 in which one of their inside linebackers is their lead tackler.

tackles by themselves don't say much about how good your defense is. it certainly isn't bad that you're middle linebacker leads your team in tackles though... that's a big part of their job.

also safeties getting tackles... again not really a flaw in your defense considering you need a safety to play 8 in a box and they also have to make tackles in coverage. your lead tackler doesn't mean anything overall.

My 100% :hmmyes:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The OL is definitely trying to block the DL! And the better the DL is, the less the OL will succeed at that, and the more tackles the DL will get instead of your LBs.

Nobody is saying it’s bad for linebackers or safeties to ever get tackles. They should be making tackles all the time, and like you said, the MLB usually leads in overall tackles. But the DL should also be taking away some opportunities for the LBs to make tackles, and if they’re doing that at a significantly lower rate than other teams’ DLs, then either your LBs play weirdly or your DL is not very good.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I think it's fair to say that, considering the money they sank into him, Dre'Mont Jones was a huge disappointment. He spent most of the season being outshone by Jarran Reed and Leonard Williams.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

hifi posted:

This is a lot better than when your safety leads the team in tackles

But safeties are for blitzing!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Pete Carroll is no longer the Seahawks head coach.

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1745164079583359410?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1745162176476721436?s=20

it actually happened

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sue for ageism!!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Honestly, it's the right time for this. I hope his successor works out, but I have no idea who they're aiming for.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

gonna laugh a lot if they hire harbaugh

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Manoueverable posted:

Honestly, it's the right time for this. I hope his successor works out, but I have no idea who they're aiming for.

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1745162976498171935?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
14 years as a coach. 11 playoff appearances, 5 NFCW championships, 2 super bowl appearances, 1 super bowl win. Pretty fuckin great coach.

Probably the right time, but still...

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo. Bye Pete thanks for the Super Bowl and the memories but 100% agreed it was time

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
I thought I'd be happy but I'm actually feeling pretty sad.

Have him advise Harbaugh though for real. That'd be awesome.

Hard to get excited about the most likely outcome of DQ as head coach.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Not too wild about this. I know it was going to happen sooner or later but I just have this feeling that whoever comes next will surely lead us into an extremely dark era of hawks football.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

I absolutely would want to hire the man partially responsible for giving up the 2 biggest comebacks in Super Bowl history.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

seiferguy posted:

14 years as a coach. 11 playoff appearances, 5 NFCW championships, 2 super bowl appearances, 1 super bowl win. Pretty fuckin great coach.

Probably the right time, but still...

Yup, it was definitely time and he was a great coach.

In my mind this was the first step for a rebuild, so here's hoping they follow through with that and don't just think a new coach will whip the existing crew in to shape.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Manoueverable posted:

I absolutely would want to hire the man partially responsible for giving up the 2 biggest comebacks in Super Bowl history.

Easy: just don't make the Superbowl and you won't have a problem.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Yes Seattle please hire Dan Quinn

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the, "advisor" role he is allegedly taking is weird, they must have someone in mind that is available NOW and asked him to do this instead of another year after which he'd probably retire anyways

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Tweak posted:

the, "advisor" role he is allegedly taking is weird, they must have someone in mind that is available NOW and asked him to do this instead of another year after which he'd probably retire anyways

This feels really similar to Jim Mora Jr's first year on staff where Mike was still the HC, but Mora was like the shadow HC. That worked out great.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Dan Quinn and Kyle Shanahan facing off twice a year? Yes please.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Schwack posted:

I thought I'd be happy but I'm actually feeling pretty sad.

Have him advise Harbaugh though for real. That'd be awesome.

Hard to get excited about the most likely outcome of DQ as head coach.

Pete and Jim absolutely hate each other lol, there's no way Jim comes to work with Seattle if Pete is advising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Pete and Jim absolutely hate each other lol, there's no way Jim comes to work with Seattle if Pete is advising.

That's what would make it awesome.