Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just picked up all the Ys games on steam (8 and 9 are on psn plus) and goddamn this first game is so good. I'm into this weird bump system and its decently difficult too! Excited to finally dig into this series after staring it at for what seems like decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bump system bump system

Kale
May 14, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

No joke if Rean or Laura were in Star Rail I would play it

Every vision of my head of what a Star Rail Collab would look like just seems to involve Estelle, Rean and Rixia Mao for the Chinese girl factor. I mean Rixia could slot into virtually any Honkai story arc and not really seem at all out of place and like she's a character from another franchise entirely.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bring back Yunica

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So I'm following this website https://www.digitalemelas.com/index_ys.php#order, but I was wondering what order people played the Ys games in? Debating about either release path but I'm not too sure.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 1, 2024

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

iirc my order was Memories of Celceta, Origin, Felghana, Napishtim, I+II Chronicles, Dana, 7, Nox

it really doesn't matter at all

BrokenLink
Apr 27, 2013

The REAL Goobusters posted:

So I'm following this website https://www.digitalemelas.com/index_ys.php#order, but I was wondering what order people played the Ys games in? Debating about either release path but I'm not too sure.

The only "required" one is 1 into 2, otherwise it's not that important.
Though playing in order will have some of the call backs make more sense, and origins is best left for after 1&2 for minor spoiler and reference reasons if you're playing all of them anyway.
Otherwise, playing them in release order also has them improving as you go, instead of playing say Lacrimosa and then going back to Seven.

BrokenLink fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 1, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
finally got to the finale chapters in Reverie.
about how much left do I have?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Just imaged to finish Trails SC; good poo poo, but thank god for the Turbo Button on some of those later chapters.

Bringing Kevin to the final fights definitely paid off.

lol weismann, I thought he was going to get away like the rest of Ouroboros for a second there, that death was kind of metal

But anyway, on to 3rd

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
Quick question for someone just starting out the Cold Steel games. (I'm near the end of CS1 Chapter 1.)

There are 9 characters in this game, and maybe more if guest characters show up later. Should I be focusing on opening up all the orbment slots for all nine characters, or just the 4 or 5 I really like? At this point it does not look like the game is handing out enough resources to open up all the slots for everyone.

If it matters, I'm playing on Normal difficulty.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The quartz rewards scale up and the game is gonna gently caress with your party pretty often. You'll have enough for everyone by the end. That said, unlock the slots of whoever you think you're likely to use, and generally only when you actually need to. That'll get you through the early goings.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GateOfD posted:

finally got to the finale chapters in Reverie.
about how much left do I have?

Quite a bit. Once you finish the main story there's a post-game thing which has more plot/characters/etc.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hepcat posted:

Quick question for someone just starting out the Cold Steel games. (I'm near the end of CS1 Chapter 1.)

There are 9 characters in this game, and maybe more if guest characters show up later. Should I be focusing on opening up all the orbment slots for all nine characters, or just the 4 or 5 I really like? At this point it does not look like the game is handing out enough resources to open up all the slots for everyone.

Every Field Study is going to mix up your party and you're going to find chests with tons of sepith in every chapter.

it will be much easier to open slots and make quartz than get equipment for everyone.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Although that’s pretty easy if you have no pride and are okay with food exploits (me)

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

hepcat posted:

Each chapter will give you a different team to visit areas outside of Trista. The best time to open new orbment slots is right after or right before travelling to each destination, so you know which characters are behind on orbment maintenance that will still see immediate use.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I really hope Tokyo Xanadu eX+ gets a Steam discount sometime soon. I was surprised it didn't get one during the recent winter sale. I'm almost finished with Reverie, and I've been meaning to check out TX for awhile now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That Winter Sale is why I now have Kuro 2, although while the fan TL is now almost finished, I have other things to tide me over until the final bits of NPC dialogue are tidied up.

And don't worry I'm buying the collector's edition when it's out in the west; Falcom will always get my money.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

And don't worry I'm buying the collector's edition when it's out in the west; Falcom will always get my money.

Falcom will get exactly $0 from any Kuro/Daybreak sales

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Then why did they get so into having the games localized they ditched the guys who put in all the work of localizing their games and making really good PC ports?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
You're not expected to have all the orbments unlocked immediately. Just take it as it goes.

In my first playthrough, I actually sold various Sepith from time to time to get more money to get equipment and Master Quartz immediately. Eventually I didn't have to. No one had an unfinished orbment by the end of the game.

Keep in mind that the hardest two characters to get their orbments unlocked are the mages.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, what?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Somehow I mixed up Falcom with XSeed, so that's on me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

they look & sound so similar

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Trails 3rd Progress Report: I just got the point where one character refers to Tita’s “juvenile scent” (I absolutely do not want to know what they mean by this) and another character just said “oh the age gap makes Agate and Tita even more cute!”

*googles Agate and Tita’s ages*

Okay Falcom I’ll 100% take a pass on you showing me anything more involving this running joke, I’m good

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

MechaX posted:

Trails 3rd Progress Report: I just got the point where one character refers to Tita’s “juvenile scent” (I absolutely do not want to know what they mean by this) and another character just said “oh the age gap makes Agate and Tita even more cute!”

Okay Falcom I’ll 100% take a pass on you showing me anything more involving this running joke, I’m good

Yeeeeah, the right thing to do for Falcom in this scene would have been to immediately cut to Agate dunking Olivier's head into the rejuvinating pool until the latter stopped struggling with Mueller looking on but pretending not to see anything instead of the rest of the party piling on.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MechaX posted:

I have bad news about Agate and Tita.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Every time Agate shoots it down and threatens to cut you in two if you talk it about it further, so there’s at least that

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it never loving stops so apparently he's not doing it hard enough

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

MechaX posted:

Hmm, what if instead they decided to shine the biggest spotlight on it and make it the only thing anyone talks about whenever Agate and Tita are on screen together?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Hwurmp posted:

it never loving stops so apparently he's not doing it hard enough

Or he's doing it too much. People clearly do it to bug him, which, in retrospect, is more than a little cruel to Tita.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I was not ready for Star Door 15

Star Door 14 has a lot of set up poo poo that doesn’t entirely make sense to me (yet), but was still neat.

Not as good as Star Door 8, the Estelle/Joshua door, or Salt door though

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

MechaX posted:

I was not ready for Star Door 15
Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

holy sweet jesus there are a lot of npcs in Crossbell City

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

holy sweet jesus there are a lot of npcs in Crossbell City

Hell yeah there are.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

That Winter Sale is why I now have Kuro 2, although while the fan TL is now almost finished, I have other things to tide me over until the final bits of NPC dialogue are tidied up.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on the NPC dialogue, since the NPCs were one of my favorite parts of Kuro 1. I'm very attached to many of the Edith NPCs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I am 2.3 hours into Trails from Zero. I am about to go break up a gang fight. The NPCs are still talking. I think I understand the layout of the city. I am terrified of whenever their dialogue is going to be updated and I inevitably run around reading all of it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I told you about NPCs bro

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
That is literally what killed our LP of the Crossbell games was the pair of us hitting the second or third full-city refresh in a day and realizing we were so burnt out on trying to feign enthusiasm or have anything to say about the next hour-long loop of the city to chat with ten interesting people and another hundred chumps.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
This is why when I LP'd Tokyo Xanadu, I *heavily* abridged that poo poo. For the sickos who really get into that stuff, it's really cool, but no one in the general audience cares THAT much. Hit the important characters and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

claw game handjob posted:

That is literally what killed our LP of the Crossbell games was the pair of us hitting the second or third full-city refresh in a day and realizing we were so burnt out on trying to feign enthusiasm or have anything to say about the next hour-long loop of the city to chat with ten interesting people and another hundred chumps.

Man, I’m insane enough to have made the rounds through Crossbell State for every NPC refresh, but you guys must have been truly depraved to have tried making content out of it. I salute the effort.